Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
DIPtrace / Re: DipTrace 5.0 Beta
« Last post by SergElectron on Today at 02:09:37 pm »
It's good to have someone from the team on the forum.

I do have a minor bug in version 4.3.0.5.
In the 3D view, the zoom value is not always correct.
If you zoom in and then 'Reset View', the zoom is not reset to 100%.
Also when you zoom in, exit the 3D view and reopen the 3D view, the zoom is not reset.

Thank you for the report. The first part of the problem is fixed for version 5.0 beta. The second part isn't fixed. I have added it to our bug tracker.
is it possible to do this with a hakko fr 301 100v version and convert it to 240v ? prices are insane for the 240v version
Test Equipment / Re: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope
« Last post by shapirus on Today at 02:09:10 pm »
Known issues:
  • Without privileged system access the application can't take screenshots.

I should have read some more pages

yes :)

it is possible to run self-signed apps with system permissions:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hacking-the-rigol-dho800900-scope/msg5408810/#msg5408810
Test Equipment / Re: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G
« Last post by Sham73 on Today at 02:07:03 pm »
2) I have 2 video capture adapters.  One of them is working, the other is not. It turns on when you twist or press the board in a certain way, but not always. Upon careful examination, I did not find any contact failure on the board.  Therefore, I want to compare both adapters on an oscilloscope. I want to ask: can I simultaneously check both adapters with both probes, connecting each of them to its own minus, or is this not possible?

As long as the 2 video capture adapters share a common ground you will be fine, but make sure the ground of the probes are connected to the same ground potential.

Are these video capture adapters USB devices? If so it is best to connect then to the same computer for performing these tests. Then the ground potentials will be more or less the same.  Connecting the probe grounds to the separate devices will cause ground loops and this might lead to incorrect measurements, but the scope you are using is not the most accurate either.  >:D
Yes, USB adapters - UTV-007.  To receive the same signals, I want to connect their RCA connectors through a splitter to one video signal source - an analog video camera or an old Japanese VCR, and USB connectors to a smartphone and tablet. Although, I probably don’t need to connect it to my tablet or smartphone - I think this will not change the signal.
What is its inaccuracy?  I thought it was only inaccurate at high frequencies.
Hello, I am running into problems with our temporary solder mask during our selective soldering process. What seems to be happening is when we are running a PCB with temporary solder mask cured on the board and we solder a through hole pin that is very close by, the solder will actually bridge to the temporary solder mask. Sometimes, if we spray some extra flux on top of the mask, it will mitigate the issue, but other times it doesn't help at all. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same or similar problems and if you have any possible reasons why or solutions to this issue. Thank you. Solder mask we use is TECHSPRAY WonderMASK P peelable solder mask, ALPHA SAC305 lead free solder and Kester 959T no clean and ALPHA 856 water sol fluxes in our machines. Thank you
Security / Re: Microsoft repackages apps with a telemetry .NET wrapper
« Last post by tooki on Today at 01:59:09 pm »
If you scroll down the Twitter thread, you’ll see that it’s clarified that it is NOT modifying the executable, it’s simply the wrapper for Microsoft Store installers. Talk about getting panties in a twist over nothing…
Test Equipment / Re: Siglent SDS3000X HD and upgraded SDS1000X HD
« Last post by KungFuJosh on Today at 01:54:41 pm »
I'm not a somnambulist

Are you sure you haven't sleep walked into a manual or two? 🤣
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Re: digital RGB LED question
« Last post by tooki on Today at 01:52:33 pm »
Ummm… as I understand it (someone please correct me if I’m wrong), square waves are worse for EMI emissions than triangle waves, due to the faster rise times.

It’s still kinda unclear what you are doing. Can’t you share a block diagram or schematic?
Dodgy Technology / Re: 10ah 18650 cells
« Last post by Zenith on Today at 01:50:21 pm »
It is a shame that the fake market makes shopping for "real" 18650 cells practically impossible.  The 18650's are so convenient for small flash light and little electronic gadgets that one can cook up.

With the more modern (slim) laptops, they already moved away from using 18650's.  So even the re-packed/re-skined battery market will have a sourcing problem.  I suppose consumer 18650 market is or will be a thing of the past.

In the UK there are several battery suppliers with eshops, which look to sell genuine 18650s and other Li-ion cells by major makers. Prices range from £4 to £8 depending on what you want. They seem to be long term businesses, not fly-by-nights selling a load of rubbish and legging it. There must be similar on-line stores in the USA.

There's a huge market for 18650s for vaping, which doesn't look like disappearing any time soon. Another source of good 18650 cells is your local vape shop, although they'll tend to be a particular type.
Repair / Re: Repair tektronix TDS 220 no screen (white screen)
« Last post by rh100605 on Today at 01:48:31 pm »
Hi,
Did you measure all the power supply voltages at the socket on the main board. The specifications for each pin are in the service manual.
If they are not correct then unplug the power connector and measure the outputs of the power supply again.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next