Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Beginners / Re: Convert US standard 115V to International 230V
« Last post by tooki on Today at 09:23:51 pm »
My favourite one was when it took several pages to explain why a capacitor connected to a generator doesn't increase the power consumption, ignoring the tiny extra I2R losses.
I missed that thread at the time. And it was before I learned anything about AC theory anyway, so it would have been lost on me then. But I read it now and the obstinance made some of my brain cells commit seppuku. I find it hilarious that the thread contains a literal crayon drawing that explains it clearly, but still it continued for pages and pages…
Repair / Re: Rigol DP712 Output Shorted; Fuse? / I Screwed Up
« Last post by zanfar on Today at 09:22:56 pm »
...and a better front-side.
Test Equipment / Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Last post by Pin240 on Today at 09:22:15 pm »
Thank you! I found the dump.
Projects, Designs, and Technical Stuff / Piezo Cylinder Driver
« Last post by Aluz on Today at 09:21:52 pm »
Hello I'm looking to use piezo cylinder transducers in an underwater lens cleaning assembly part of a probe. The assembly is complete but I need a bit of help with the driving electronics. There's no suggested voltage from the manufacturer or reference circuit, but the entire device is 12v that can be boosted for the piezo driver if needed. Any help with a compact circuit would be much appreciated!

https://www.steminc.com/PZT/en/piezo-tube-22x20x10mm-180-khz
Part Number: SMC22D20H10412

Piezoelectric Ceramic Cylinder. Circunferencial vibration mode.

Piezo Material: SM412
Dimensions: Ext. Diam. 22 x Int Diam 20 x Height 10mm
Resonant frequency fr: 180 KHz±2 KHz
Cs tanδ => LCR meter at 1KHz 1Vrms

fr   Zr   fa   Keff   Cs   tand
(KHz)   (W)   (KHz)   (%)   (nF)   (%)
158.35   2.95   181.63   48.97   11.05   0.94

Applications, among others, are: Piezo transducer used for vibration, sensing, matter dispersion, biomedical probes, sonar, Hydrophone
Sorry to hear of the shortage.
But those Vicors are insanely excellent.
I personally wouldnt ever do a product with one, purely because of the nil-stock issue of them.
Some big co's somewhere will be getting them.

You need to be speaking personally with the sales guys, and best if you  can get the US guys to come over and speak to you and promise you stock...otherwise
, assume you wont get any.
Test Equipment / Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Last post by Pin240 on Today at 09:16:34 pm »
What have you done to end like this?
New models have a new flash IC, current platform-tools are not compatible.

I have a backup using dso3kb_backup_builder.upk and edited \dso\app\phoenix
Microcontrollers / Re: SD Card reliability in SPI mode
« Last post by SiliconWizard on Today at 09:14:17 pm »
Yes. As to FAT, that's really not a great option as far as robustness goes. Sure it's a convenient way of exchanging data, but if you don't even need that ease of exchange, or can write a small utlity to read another format if needed, then using something more appropriate will also help mitigate corruption significantly. Such as LittleFS: https://github.com/littlefs-project/littlefs
« Last post by Harry_22 on Today at 09:13:43 pm »
seems Schottky is the protection diode and it is alive because you connected the battery correctly.
Hi,

i have the following things, that i think i would need to test my uC and my BLDC controller:

- introduce spikes of defined characteristics (from 1Hz to 34kHz)
- introducing single pulse deviations in PWM  of defined characteristics
- Frequency sweep

Would this be already a 300$ device, or are there some good cheap ones? I dont mind them to not have a perfect sine, or not beeing more accurate than 3% in amplitude or frequency. But those should be fairly stable then.

I read about the FY6900, that there are a few issues (hardware/software) and it seems a bit pricey to me. Is it really that much worth?

« Last post by Harry_22 on Today at 09:10:44 pm »
and back side of PCB also
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next