Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Repair / Re: SORENSEN XPF60-20SP service problem
« Last post by teatime on Today at 01:15:13 am »
Thank you.
But I cannot find the schematics of XPF60-20 at this website.
I just discovered an undocumented feature on this little instrument.

If you goin into the FG via the "Gen" button, you are limited to 5MHz on sine wave, as per the specifications.  However if you go into the full-screen FG via the "Home"   menu (short press the power button) you can get the sine function at 10MHz!!  :-+ :-+

This is with the latest firmware.

I have also verified the new frequency counter is good from 15Hz to 35MHz - well beyond specification.
Test Equipment / Re: TinySA Ultra launched
« Last post by KungFuJosh on Today at 01:01:21 am »
I vote @shapirus reports the bug, he found it, I was just confirming it.

The creator Erik Kaashoeck is a regular user here on EEVblog, and likely quite ajour with this thread.

Erik is user erikka (#130).

Even better! No effort bug reporting. 😉
Siglent SDS1000X HD 12 bit Oscilloscope Teardown and brief play, noise measurement, and comparison to the SDS2000X HD

SDS2000X HD Teardown: 
Test Equipment / Re: TinySA Ultra launched
« Last post by DaneLaw on Today at 12:52:18 am »
I vote @shapirus reports the bug, he found it, I was just confirming it.

The creator Erik Kaashoeck is a regular user here on EEVblog, and likely quite ajour with this thread.

Erik is user erikka (#130).
Microcontrollers / Re: CH32V003 using I2C mpu6050
« Last post by brucehoult on Today at 12:45:45 am »
Which way is left?
Other Equipment & Products / Re: Pace ADS200 soldering station
« Last post by Shock on Today at 12:45:16 am »
Oh a Pace MBT450. That is a nice clean display layout and design. I like what they did integrating the visifilter as well, looks quicker to change over and less obtrusive than hanging out the front. It appears to be about the same footprint as the MBT350 and MBT360.

Beginners / Re: Checking for noise in resistors
« Last post by Teledog on Today at 12:42:39 am »
Embarrassed to say it now, ..but as a "beginner", I went to an electronics surplus shop and asked if the big wirewound resistors were inductive, the shop owner said "oh, certainty not!".
Live & learn..
I wish the place was still around actually, was on Main St., Vancouver & had a creepy basement (no, not Lee's or Main Electronics)
 :blah:
Microcontrollers / Re: CH32V003 using I2C mpu6050
« Last post by jlsilicon on Today at 12:34:58 am »
No, still no result.

//      I2C_Send7bitAddress( I2C1, 0x68, I2C_Direction_Transmitter );
      I2C_Send7bitAddress( I2C1, (0x68>>1), I2C_Direction_Transmitter );

: I2C_MPU6050_003_2 :
 SystemClk:48000000
ChipID:00300500
> main(): IIC mode
= main(): for(0..5)
= main(): ->I2C:Start()
= main(): ->I2C:SendAdrId()
Microcontrollers / Re: RIP Z80
« Last post by brucehoult on Today at 12:32:33 am »
But since almost nobody doing that is posting here (not allowed to, for a start) we are talking mostly about lower volume stuff.
You'd be surprised. A number of people here either work or used to work in high volume stuff.

I'm on the software side, not the chip/board side (though I do interact with those people from time to time), but ... would you consider Galaxy S / Galaxy Tab high volume? And the TVs. A lot of my work is in those. Well, and some upstreamed into generic Android too. And Firefox for that matter, but that was long ago.

Back in, say, 2016, we prototyped a lot of stuff on Pi 3 and Odroid C2 (and the 32 bit but fast XU4 before that) before trying it on Google phones, and only finally on prototype Samsung ones. Now the latest things are being developed on VisionFive 2.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next