Author Topic: Anyone have an Amrel SPS series DC power supply handy? Need some Cap info  (Read 1395 times)

Offline almstsoburTopic starter

• Contributor
This particular power supply is a model year 2006 SPS600-2-0020, but I think most SPS rack supplies in the range will have similar circuitry. I fixed the power supply, but I have a buldging capacitor that needs to be addressed. Problem is, it looks like someone has already been shit-rigging the area in question, it's a mish-mosh of caps, brands and values and I am not sure any are correct. The one marked in red is the one that is bulging, but I could use the value of the ones marked in blue as well if possible, please. 

I have scoured the web for a schematic, parts list or service manual, no luck. Amrel power supplies division was sold to Ametek in 2010 I think. I sent an email to Ametek and they were far from helpful, in fact quite "dick-ish"
Any help much appreciated C117 & C120-126 are the ones I really need the value for.

Thank You!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:47:20 pm by almstsobur »

• Contributor
No one? Maybe a guru can tell me what I'm looking at here? Is this a filter section? Any idea the ramifications of the wrong capacitance in this section? If I just pop in some 1000uf caps?

Thank You.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
Reasonably low power SMPS, so pretty much any value from 470uF to 1000uF of the appropriate voltage 105C low ESR capacitor will do there. However I would change all of them as well, unless they are the original Matsushita ( Panasonic) ones. Just make sure the ripple current rating is high enough, from the rectifier diodes anything over 1500mA would do.

The following users thanked this post: almstsobur

• Contributor
 I plan to do them all, I don't see any Panasonic's, but that's likely what I will put in. The price was right at $45 and the repair was inexpensive as well. Don't know how often I  will need it, but its nice to have a higher voltage unit in the rack at that cost. Thank you, I appreciate the information.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf