Author Topic: APC SU3000INET won't charge battery  (Read 365 times)

Offline SeduTopic starter

APC SU3000INET won't charge battery
« on: January 15, 2024, 06:55:19 pm »
Hello everyone
I just bought APC Ups3000inet which is not charging batteries. Ups was delivered without batteries so I just bought 4x12v 17aH connected them in series 2x24v and..... Nothing.
So I begin to check resistors and caps which are mentioned in this thread.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/apc-smart-ups-su3000rm-overloaded-when-started-from-batteries/
Of course R38 and R43 was fried but still managed to be 0.500k ohm so I have replaced them for 1k which is in schematic and all caps besides AC ones 1500uf/75v X3.
When Ups have connected batteries and I plug it into AC it falls in some kind of bootloop I can hear relays clicking and nothing happens I have to click shutdown and then power at front panel and then Ups is turning on reporting 1 bar of battery charge and is not charging of course when it's plugged into AC and working I can power on a heater through UPS and it's working fine. Just not on batteries. When I disconnect AC Ups dies immediately.
I have connected UPS to hyperterminal and I have managed to change battery replace date and check battery charge voltage and ups is reporting 27.07v and reports battery voltage 0.000
Shouldn't be battery charge voltage 55v for 2x24v ?
I I'm sure person before me wasn't doing anything in hyperterminal or in eeprom.
After spending two days I did factory reset through hyperterminal. Of course nothing besides battery charge voltage didn't change. Now it's 12.9v
I have checked every single solder path to be sure I didn't destroy anything when replacing caps but everything is still the same before and after replacing caps and resistors.
Battery connectors checked
When I hold TEST button it reports 3 bars on battery charge after button release 1 bar and blinking
Battery voltage 26.50v x2
Voltage from batteries is going fine to MB and read 52v
Any suggestion would be very helpful
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 09:58:15 pm by Sedu »

Offline Vovk_Z

• Super Contributor
Re: APC SU3000INET won't charge battery
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 10:20:00 pm »
Possibly, it has 2s2p batteries connection (like 1000-1500 VA models)? That's why it expects 27 VDC? (IDK).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 10:23:30 pm by Vovk_Z »

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 03:34:53 pm »
I'm sure it should be 2x24v (48v). I have to connect DC power supply in place of batteries just to be safe and then change voltage charge to 55v. I will report results 😁

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 05:32:50 pm »
Problem solved, battery charge voltage has to be 55.1v in eeprom. Now everything works fine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf