Author Topic: Tektronix 2465A DM  (Read 693 times)

Offline stfjohnTopic starter

• Contributor
Tektronix 2465A DM
« on: October 06, 2023, 02:24:22 pm »
Hello,
Here we go again: when you turn on, the message "test 05 fail 24" appears (the following text appears in the service manual: "ADD main board - positive level not positive enough"). Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Tektronix 2465A DM
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 04:10:29 pm »
For a good starting point, try this.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline stfjohnTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2023, 09:11:52 pm »
Thanks,
I tried to follow your advice, but, in no case, the problem relating to the error I reported is addressed, unfortunately....

Offline med6753

• Super Contributor
  • Tek nut
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 01:40:16 pm »
In section 9 of the 2465 manual there are error diagnostic flowcharts. I am assuming that the 2465A is similar. Would be worthwhile to check.

Edit.....does that scope have the DMM option? If yes you may also need the 2465A Options Service Manual. Make sure it's for the "A" suffix and not the "no suffix" or "B" suffix. There are significant differences.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 01:53:55 pm by med6753 »
An old gray beard with an attitude.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 01:56:23 pm »
In section 9 of the 2465 manual there are error diagnostic flowcharts. I am assuming that the 2465A is similar. Would be worthwhile to check.

Edit.....does that scope have the DMM option? If yes you may also need the 2465A Options Service Manual. Make sure it's for the "A" suffix and not the "no suffix" or "B" suffix. There are significant differences.

It is the same, except the 2465A is p6-10.

Either gurgle has become seriously crappier recently, or the OP's google-fu is deficient, or both. There are many manuals at https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/2465A , and probably ko4bb and bama.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf