Author Topic: Fluke PM3082  (Read 3211 times)

Offline ArmadilloTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Fluke PM3082
« on: March 22, 2016, 02:21:12 pm »
Hi;

My oscilloscope screen will lights up momentarily and then the screen will be dead blank. I suspected the problem is from the protection circuitry A6 board. But the fluke service manual really sucks. Not at all clear with its description. I just broke the feats...really!. the manual say to pull it out, so I did and crack the feats....LOL.
Anyone would like to advice me how to dismantle the A6 board. Cannot see any clips or screw holding it onto its slot. What would likely be the problem? opto?, diode?. The fans would rotate couple of turns before it went dead every time I press the on button. Even the fan connector cannot be pulled out.... Now, is there a clip somewhere?
I would also like to clean up the fans, replace it maybe... How do you dismantle the fan.... its not even described in the service manual...
thanks for any help rendered...

Offline grumpydoc

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke PM3082
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 04:06:47 pm »
There is a torx screw holding it down in the chassis (look between the board and the plastic wall between it and the CRT, there are also two plastic clips (front and back) that need to be sprung out of notches in the PCB.

Offline ArmadilloTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke PM3082
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 12:55:57 pm »
There is a torx screw holding it down in the chassis (look between the board and the plastic wall between it and the CRT, there are also two plastic clips (front and back) that need to be sprung out of notches in the PCB.

Thanks grumpydoc. Your information was helpful. There are precisely a torx and 2 plastic clips holding the A6 Board.
I discovered that there are not many information on the WWW regarding this scope. So I would pose some photos here hoping it may help others.
As for mine, there was a 14FO fault caused by the BF820 transistor. Element14 always has the parts I needed and swiftly sent over.
Job Done!.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf