Author Topic: LeCroy Wavepro 7200  (Read 1328 times)

Offline pogsterTopic starter

LeCroy Wavepro 7200
« on: December 05, 2019, 12:05:38 pm »
Hi,

I have a LeCroy Wavepro 7200 that has a data acquisition error. The channel icons display "no data" and if i try and run autoset / auto trigger  then in the bottom left corner it says "stopping acquisition - communication problems"

I have done all the usual ... checked all the connectors and re-seated them, checked the supply rails on the acquisition board... all ok.

Does anyone have any experience of this fault? could it be a firmware issue?

Pete.

Offline MBla56

Re: LeCroy Wavepro 7200
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 10:54:56 am »
Hello pogster.
I have a very similar problem on my (used) WavePro 7100.
It works fine for a certain amount of time (initially 20 min to some hours), than stops acquiring waveforms and shows the following message on bottom left of the screen: "Stopping Acquisition- Communication Error".
It recovers the proper functioning only if I left it off for a period of time (say 15 min to half an hour).
I guess that the problem is linked to some thermal effect, but fans are working correctly and accessing the "Service" tools (on Utility menu) fan speed and internal temperature readings (on critical components like HFE, MAM, AAcq etc) seems OK.
Currently, the period of time that the scope is working correctly, before a warm down off cycle, is shortening more and more. Frequently, the time the instrument takes to boot from off state is is long enough to trigger the problem and the scope become unusable.
It is very frustrating because it seems non permanent failure.
Suspected devices are the Acquisition and the PCI boards and the relevant Gigabit links.
Anyone experiment a similar problem? Cnn you/them give me some hint?
I am now investigating Log files (in text format) obtained through the Service menu. I saved them on an USB stick, moved into excel on another PC investigated through excel pivot tables.
I have made progresses in accessing the Service menu options, not only the basic one (accessible through the key-code described on the LeCroy document "WavePro 7K Series Service Manual (WAVEPRO7K-SM-E ECO B, Version B, Aug-2004)"; see para "6.6 Service Menu
6.6.1 Accessing Service Menu" on page 137)  but also those using other key-codes for Production and Developer personnel. If someone is interested, I can offer information on that subject.

Offline lzqing

• Contributor
Re: LeCroy Wavepro 7200
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 05:54:06 am »
Hello,MBla56!
Could u share this service manual ,Please?

Best Regards
Andy.Lu

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf