Author Topic: Looking for schematic of Synology DS409+ main board  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Robartes_mTopic starter

• Contributor
Looking for schematic of Synology DS409+ main board
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:20:20 pm »
Hi,

this is a bit of a long shot, but one never knows :). I have a broken Synology DS409+ NAS at home and I want to have a go at repairing it. Does anyone happen to have the schematic of the main board of this NAS? The internet is silent about this, and the machine is long out of production and out of support.

Thanks!

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
Re: Looking for schematic of Synology DS409+ main board
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 01:27:59 pm »
More than a little unlikely.

If Synology won't give you one (they won't.), I doubt you'll ever find one.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 02:07:46 pm »
I tried to get some infos from Synology before and they are very secretive about it. This will not be available anywhere.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 03:52:24 pm »
I tried to get some infos from Synology before and they are very secretive about it. This will not be available anywhere.

Yeah - I figured as much. Oh well - I'll give it a shot at finding out what's wrong with it. It won't boot, doesn't even draw enough power to start its power supply (it's a switcher that goes in no-load shutdown). Powering it from a lab supply results in a clicking sound from the on board buzzer (which normally beeps on startup). I'm guessing it's a power supply issue somewhere.

Online jc101

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 08:15:06 pm »
I have a DS412+ currently not doing anything, I could take some readings from the PSU if it helps, I think they all use the same external brick.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 09:04:10 pm »
I have a DS412+ currently not doing anything, I could take some readings from the PSU if it helps, I think they all use the same external brick.

Thanks, but I think I was unclear above. The power brick is fine (once you put some load on it) - the issue is that the main board is not drawing that load, probably because one of the buck converters on it is broken.

Thanks again!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf