Author Topic: MacBook Pro A1502 Late 2013 battery not charging  (Read 340 times)

Offline matthuszaghTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
MacBook Pro A1502 Late 2013 battery not charging
« on: November 15, 2022, 10:42:45 pm »
I've got an old MacBook pro that I dual boot Mac and Windows on and pull out when I need to use one of these OS's. It served me well for a number of years before the battery started to degrade. I replaced the battery with an A1493 battery I found on eBay. The battery worked fine for the first few uses, but now it shows as completely drained and won't charge (it's been probably 2 months since I installed it, but I don't use it often so I've probably only pulled it out 5 times so far). The battery health indicator says it's normal, but it won't charge. I tried resetting the SMC.

Having gotten this on ebay I'm a bit skeptical that it's a proper Apple battery. Are these replacement batteries often problematic? Is the battery the likely culprit, or did I maybe mess something up during installation? I can return the battery, but if something else is at fault I'd rather not waste the time to return it and find out something else is at fault.

Any ideas what might be wrong here? I can run any tests that people want and I also have equipment and can perform troubleshooting if needed. Thanks.

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
Re: MacBook Pro A1502 Late 2013 battery not charging
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 10:55:44 pm »
I buy batteries for mac laptops only if the seller gives a one year warranty
every other batteries are crap and last max a few months.
every batteries you buy less than $50 are crap too.
before I found such seller, I sometimes had to buy 5 batteries before getting a reasonnably good one.
www.duracelldirect.com is an example of a good battery dealer in europe.

The following users thanked this post: matthuszagh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf