Author Topic: Need help for identification of SOT23 component on a Mini 0805 dashcam  (Read 1524 times)

Offline KorayTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi all!

This Ambarella A7 Mini 0805 dashcam has a blown SMD component, probably a SOT23-5 voltage regulator (dimensions: 1.7mm x 3.0mm). With a loupe I can read markings BQ:R0.. which (I guess) is identical with another component at the other end of the board, BQ:R02, and two other SMDs on the black PCB, U3 and U12. When you connect 5V power the main A7 chip gets very hot and no sign of life. Prior to this fault the dashcam was having issues with battery charging. I don't want to waste a lot of money on this, but maybe a few dollars on an ebay SOT-23-5 listings. What should I look for? A 3.3V or 5V voltage regulator?

Attaching the photos of the boards, the blown component is in the first photo, on the right-top edge. Same component can be seen at left middle edge on the same board and as U3 and U12 on the black sensor/input board.

Thanks for any help.

Offline bktemp

• Super Contributor

Offline KorayTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Thank you sooo much! Only $1.55 for 10 pieces at AliExpress. Free shipping! Yay! 

K.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:54:02 pm by Koray »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf