Author Topic: Parts looking, please help!!!  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Louis.luo0813Topic starter

Parts looking, please help!!!
« on: December 08, 2019, 01:45:34 am »
Hi alls,
I am newbie here  ;D
I am performing a repair for blueant pump zone headphone, but i could mot find a component in the red circle on following picture.
Could any one please help me with the name of that component, and the source where i can get it from. Do you think it look normal or its burned?
Thank in advance,
Louis

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: Parts looking, please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 02:04:00 am »
Probably a ceramic filter of some kind, doesn't look damaged to me (and is probably a passive), should measure close to a short at DC, so probably can be tested with a multimeter.

The following users thanked this post: Louis.luo0813

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:49 am »
Thank you, DaJMasta.
By the chance, do you know have any idea where i can get the one in circle. Google did not give me anything about it. I am looking for it data sheet to see whether it is a part of charging circuit or not, because the headphone is now working, but no charging to it’s battery at all.

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 04:58:47 am »
I haven't been able to find a datasheet, but here is the product brief for the main chip:

CSR8645, Qualcomm, dual-mode ROM audio SoC:
https://www.qualcomm.com/media/documents/files/csr8645-product-brief.pdf

Here is a module which uses that chip:
https://ecksteinimg.de/Datasheet/CSR8645.pdf

The module has a GT4128-B2ZLI support chip in a TSOP-8 package. This chip is made by Gennum Corporation:

https://www.worldwayelec.com/pro/gennum-corporation/gt4128-2zli/4210100

Gennum appears to have been acquired by Semtech:

https://www.semtech.com/products

Unfortunately a search at Semtech turns up nothing. :-
(

Edit:

Your part is a GT4512-A2ZLI.

The block diagram in the CSR8645 product brief shows an SPI - I2C serial flash EEPROM.

Therefore, I expect that your part is a 512Kbit EEPROM, whereas the one in the aforementioned module would be a 128Kbit version.

Edit #2:

http://www.giantec-semi.com/Upload/datasheet/GT24CN512A_DS_ADV.pdf

Sorry for the misleading steer toward Gennum. It's not the first time I've been stung by IC vendors who don't know what they are selling.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 05:12:09 am by fzabkar »

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 05:03:34 am »
I searched 4512a2zli and found a datasheet, replacing it won't do you any good, it's a 512k EEPROM, so it's the data on it that's important, not the chip itself.

If this portion is actually broken, your best bet is probably to locate a replacement module.  The piece of board with castellations is undoubtably an off the shelf module of some description, even if it's hard to get your hands on, rather than a circuit specific to the headphones, so I'd just locate a replacement module and replace the whole thing.

That said, it's not a terribly likely thing to fail, so I would try to exhaust other options first.

The following users thanked this post: fzabkar, Louis.luo0813

Offline SMdude

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 05:17:45 am »
What voltage do you read from the battery?
Some/most li-ion chargers won't charge unless the battery voltage is over a certain threshold.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 07:56:21 am »
The Voltage read out from its battery (3.7v 450mah) was 2.6v when i first received the headphone, but i desolder it then charged the battery with my power supply, it went up to 3.62v. I replace a bad Cap and reballed the chip, then the headphone works again, but it does not charge. Led (red LED working normal when power the headphone) indicator did not turn on when charge, device just power of when plug in charger.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 08:28:17 am by Louis.luo0813 »

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 08:24:41 am »
I searched 4512a2zli and found a datasheet, replacing it won't do you any good, it's a 512k EEPROM, so it's the data on it that's important, not the chip itself.

If this portion is actually broken, your best bet is probably to locate a replacement module.  The piece of board with castellations is undoubtably an off the shelf module of some description, even if it's hard to get your hands on, rather than a circuit specific to the headphones, so I'd just locate a replacement module and replace the whole thing.

That said, it's not a terribly likely thing to fail, so I would try to exhaust other options first.

Thank you for your helpful info, DaJMasta.
If that little one is an EEPROM, i think i will try to read out its info then save it for later use when need :)

At first, i was thinking just replace the headphone’s control board, but I could not find any source has it. I offered my friend for a replacement with a different headphone with similar or better quality sound, but he said the headphone is his gift from someone in his mom side, he does not want to replace it, and he feel comfortable with this one ( he told me he has a different pair).
He asked me please try my best to help him to fix this one for him. So i said yes. Now you saw my post on here lol

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 08:32:20 am »
Thank you fzabkar for your helpful info

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 02:18:04 pm »
Not the headphone board, the carrier board.  That SoC and EEPROM chip are on their own module which is then soldered onto the headphone board.  It can be removed like an SMD chip and likely is more widely available than the headphone board - it probably wasn't developed by the headphone designer, but maybe the SoC company or someone, so there's a decent chance it would be a drop-in replacement, provided something on the existing module is actually broken.

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 07:09:20 am »
Thank you DaJMasta and fzabkar.
You guys are awsome.
I did not expect that i can have that much info because i posted this same topic on different groups i am in now to search for some info and part(s) but non of anyone in those groups can give me these useful info and that more then 10k people in the group  :palm:

Once again, i am really appriciate your out puts.

Offline sean0118

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 10:34:33 pm »
The Voltage read out from its battery (3.7v 450mah) was 2.6v when i first received the headphone, but i desolder it then charged the battery with my power supply, it went up to 3.62v. I replace a bad Cap and reballed the chip, then the headphone works again, but it does not charge. Led (red LED working normal when power the headphone) indicator did not turn on when charge, device just power of when plug in charger.

Which chip did you reball? The SoC in the photo or a different one?

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 01:22:06 am »
Maybe the LiPo charge controller IC is dead?

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 01:32:16 am »
Maybe the LiPo charge controller IC is dead?
The CSR8645 SoC can directly charge the battery at up to 200mA without external support components.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf