Author Topic: Peltier Effect Wine Cooler Repair  (Read 3868 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline notsoseamlessTopic starter

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: gb
Peltier Effect Wine Cooler Repair
« on: March 13, 2015, 02:00:04 pm »
Hi, anyone got a circuit diagram for a Peltier effect wine cooler?

The PCB has Fosham Hanyi Computer PCB8110FF1 but could not google anything useful.

Guess I'll start by replacing all the electrolytic caps but it would be nice to have a schematic of the board.

Many thanks
John

John
 

Offline Alex Eisenhut

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3728
  • Country: ca
  • Place text here.
Re: Peltier Effect Wine Cooler Repair
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 02:28:33 pm »
Hi, anyone got a circuit diagram for a Peltier effect wine cooler?

The PCB has Fosham Hanyi Computer PCB8110FF1 but could not google anything useful.

Guess I'll start by replacing all the electrolytic caps but it would be nice to have a schematic of the board.

Many thanks
John

Check diodes and switching transistors.
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.
 

Offline peterrash

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 12
  • Country: ca
Re: Peltier Effect Wine Cooler Repair
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 05:19:21 pm »
I assume you've checked that the Peltier module itself is good? I had one that got too hot and failed (essentially went open-circuit). You can test that quite easily with a power supply and multimeter.
 

Offline Alex Eisenhut

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 3728
  • Country: ca
  • Place text here.
Re: Peltier Effect Wine Cooler Repair
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 09:28:15 pm »
I assume you've checked that the Peltier module itself is good? I had one that got too hot and failed (essentially went open-circuit). You can test that quite easily with a power supply and multimeter.

Good point, those things get dusty too.
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.
 

Offline notsoseamlessTopic starter

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: gb
Re: Peltier Effect Wine Cooler Repair
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 02:28:27 pm »
Many thanks for the replies.

Yes good point and I will check the Peltier out when I open the unit again when the switching transistors and capacitors arrive. Also ordered replacement silent Noctua fans.

The cooler has two Peltier devices, one above the other and it was the upper board had failed, possibly due to the failure of the cooling fans. Isolated on the bench one of the 13005 transistors gets very hot. Also two of the electrolytic had rather crispy insulation, though they appear OK with the AVO.

Will post when I fix the thing.

John
John
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->