Author Topic: Portable EVSE Repair Part Struggles  (Read 937 times)

Offline romantronixlabTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Portable EVSE Repair Part Struggles
« on: June 26, 2022, 11:31:00 am »
Hello to all.
Recently I got my hands on a portable Lectron(Duosida) EVSE, it did not power up when connected to mains 240v and I was able to pinpoint the issue with an AC/CD converter for the controller as not working.
Applying a 12v supply to the controller input pins brought it to life so I know it is not shorted.
The main issue is finding the AC/CD converter 12v3w. Using the printed number on searches brought up little to no results. Any help finding this or a compatible part is really appreciated.
Will think about it.

Offline Jeff eelcr

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Portable EVSE Repair Part Struggles
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 12:21:23 pm »
You may try disassembly and repair or another manufactures part unless this is a medical device
in which case nevermind. Noting the measurements might be a good idea for responses.
Jeff

Offline Chalcogenide

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2022, 12:53:51 pm »
I think that the manufacturer has a store on Alibaba https://aipulnion.en.alibaba.com/
I didn't look for an exact replacement, but you could try contacting them. Some items have a minimum order of 2 pieces, so they might be willing to sell you just a couple of pieces.

The following users thanked this post: romantronixlab

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 01:45:21 pm »
You may try disassembly and repair or another manufactures part unless this is a medical device
in which case nevermind. Noting the measurements might be a good idea for responses.
Jeff
It is not a medical device, it is an electric vehicle supply, opening the part could be an option unless it is poted or silicone cased.
Will think about it.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 01:48:08 pm »
I think that the manufacturer has a store on Alibaba https://aipulnion.en.alibaba.com/
I didn't look for an exact replacement, but you could try contacting them. Some items have a minimum order of 2 pieces, so they might be willing to sell you just a couple of pieces.

Did not think they might have a page on Alibaba, was looking at Aliexpress. Big Difference. Thank you
Will think about it.

Offline Jeff eelcr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 03:54:16 pm »
There is a company here that makes universal power supplies although size? 1/4 brick I have used
name? I can look tuesday when at the shop. Digi-Key stocked some of their product.
Jeff

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 06:40:32 pm by fzabkar »

The following users thanked this post: romantronixlab, Chalcogenide

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 12:03:05 pm »
Want to say thanks to all who replied. Was able to find the part. Somehow google knew I was searching for this part (google does not track? subject talked to many times) and recommended (google ads) Octopart; thru them, which is like a search engine for electronic parts, was able to find a supplier with that part.  Made an order for 2 just in case and is in transit, will let you know how it went after delivery.

Again thank you all for the help.
Will think about it.

• Regular Contributor
Re: Portable EVSE Repair Part Struggles (update)
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 12:29:46 am »
Want to say thanks to all who replied. Was able to find the part. Somehow google knew I was searching for this part (google does not track? subject talked to many times) and recommended (google ads) Octopart; thru them, which is like a search engine for electronic parts, I was able to find a supplier with that part.  Made an order for 2 just in case and is in transit, will let you know how it went after delivery.

Again thank you all for the help.
Hello all
The part arrived, and I was able to complete the repair of the EVSE. At first, I thought the parts were being returned to sender but were transferred to US Postal Service from DHL. The thing is it arrived well before ETA and happy about that.
EVSE is repaired and working, Once again Thank You all for the help.
Bellow Is what was left of the inside of this PSU1570612-0 and the EVSE Powered and providing power1570618-1
Will think about it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf