Author Topic: Provide reference for newbies like me to fix DS1742W  (Read 199 times)

Offline lern01Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Provide reference for newbies like me to fix DS1742W
« on: December 16, 2023, 09:33:12 am »
There are two purposes for posting this post today. One is to thank netizen Jarek for his patient help; the other is to show newbies like me how to repair DS1742W.
1. Disassembling DS1742W is a careful job. It will be easier to remove it with a desoldering device (especially a vacuum desoldering device), but you still have to be careful because the circuit is too thin.
2. How to break open DS1742W. There are many posts on the Internet for reference. But there is a trick. First use a carving knife to remove the plastic in the area that needs to be dug out (using a magnet to determine the location of the battery is a good way), and then use a soldering iron to heat the epoxy resin to soften it, so that it can be easily removed.
3. The 1625 battery I used (the actual size is 1225), the positive and negative electrodes are welded with nickel sheets using a spot welder for easy welding, and then short wires are used to connect the positive and negative plates. Note that the positive terminal is at the bottom and the negative terminal is at the top.
4. Programming. This process confused me for a few days. I am very grateful to Jarek for his help. With his help, I moved towards success step by step. Please note that what confuses me and what people may not care about is that because this oscilloscope is old, substances are easy to attach to the pins. I use TL866CS and I can't program it. Jarek also provided many methods. I had no choice but to use a microscope and found that there was a thin layer of substance attached to the two pins. I cleaned it with detergent and then programmed it successfully. Attached picture:

Note: Select IC: DS1220 (R/W) in the programming software and close Verify after. According to the introduction of DS1742W, it can withstand voltages below +6V for a short period of time.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 09:45:17 am by lern01 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf