Author Topic: Rigol DS2072 Knob repair/replacement  (Read 1463 times)

Offline canadaboy25Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Rigol DS2072 Knob repair/replacement
« on: March 12, 2020, 06:18:14 am »
Hey guys, I have a Rigol DS2072 oscilloscope that had something fall on it and broke off the horizontal position adjustment knob.  The large two-part selection knob on the top right was also cracked.  It's not the plastic knob that is damaged, the metal stem of the switch is broken right off.

Does anyone know of any sources for replacement switches that I can solder in?  I did a search for the rotary switches for that oscilloscope but came up with nothing.  I'm sure I'm just not using the correct keywords but I can't think of what else to try.

Also, is the rotary switch for the trigger adjustment or vertical position adjustments the same as the horizontal position switch?  If they are, worst case I can swap the switches around so that it is at least still usable.  However, I would much prefer to replace all the damaged switches.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
canadaboy25

- Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is an on-coming train

Offline Mario87

• Regular Contributor
Re: Rigol DS2072 Knob repair/replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 08:01:41 am »
I would have thought it would just be a standard rotary encoder. Try opening it and seeing if there are any markings that would help identify it so you can get the same one or one as close as possible.

Offline seronday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 12:22:09 pm »
The Horizontal Position, Vert Position, Trigger level and Multifunction rotary encoders are all the same.
I have used a Bourns PEC12R-4020F-S0012 rotary encoder to replace a faulty Vert Position control in a DS2102.
They are available from Mouser, Digikey, RS Components etc.

Regards.

Offline Melt-O-Tronic

• Frequent Contributor
  • Brilliant with a slaughtering iron in my hand!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 04:42:08 am »
I replaced all of them in my DS2072A with these:  ALPS EC12E2424407.  I originally got mine on Amazon as a 5 pack.  They seem to be getting pretty scarce.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf