Author Topic: Super Mario Bros 3 busted CHR ROM  (Read 1639 times)

Offline LolucocaTopic starter

• Contributor
Super Mario Bros 3 busted CHR ROM
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:49:45 am »
Hi! I just got a Super Mario Bros 3 cartiridge for the NES from a friend of mine and it seems to have a busted CHR ROM. It seems to be some Sharp Mask ROM with a kind of custom pinout. However, I can (hopefully) adapt it to use a standard EPROM. The thing is, I can't find any dumps of just the CHR ROM alone. Do you guys have one by any chance?

Offline Rasz

• Super Contributor
    • My random blog.
Re: Super Mario Bros 3 busted CHR ROM
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:19:48 pm »
one of the most popular games ever, worth ~$5, probably less than replacement eprom
Who logs in to gdm? Not I, said the duck.
My fireplace is on fire, but in all the wrong places.

Offline Bashstreet

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 05:28:00 pm »
one of the most popular games ever, worth ~$5, probably less than replacement eprom

10$

Offline CZroe

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:37 pm »
I’ve probably got 20 copies of this game and I value it closer to $15. That said, I do have one with a non-standard CHR ROM that I plan to fix one day. Perhaps I’ll whip up a second chip for yours. ;)

What you need is an NES ROM splitter that looks at the iNES header to split the ROM into Header, CHR, and PRG, or whichever specific ones you want. There are a number of these out there. Use whatever NESDev recommends. They also have the info for reading the header and doing it yourself with a HEX editor.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf