Author Topic: Tek 2445 Ch1 and CH2 not working (SOLVED)  (Read 6346 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bdunham7

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 9435
  • Country: us
Re: Tek 2445 Ch1 and CH2 not working
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2022, 03:23:57 pm »
Well I messed up :(

Taking the board as instructed in the manual I managed to snag W916 on the shield of the CRT braking it in half and unwinding the coil :palm:

Cant find any information about that part in the manual, but using different calculators online I found it to probably have an inductance of 39-43nH.
To be sure I used a LCR meter(Agilent U1731C). After nulling it out and then connecting the other coil(W917) I measured 0.01-0.02uH.

Replacing those I figured I could use these: https://no.mouser.com/ProductDetail/API-Delevan/1026R-06K?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv126LJFLh8y0dLG8tusDUNPnCZuVkxmtA%3D
Or these: https://no.mouser.com/ProductDetail/API-Delevan/1026R-00M?qs=xY1IUdBv1vR4CNNxLAcGzA%3D%3D

But I don't know :-//

Probably 10-20% of what I fix is stuff that I broke.  It goes with the territory. 

These don't seem to be in the parts list.  I have two still attached to a 2465 parts board, I measured them and I get 70nH +/- 5nH with a very low DCR.  I don't know if the 2445 uses the same part, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a smaller value.  It also probably isn't terribly critical so what you listed will probably work, but perhaps you want to get 68nH instead.
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.
 

Offline MarkL

  • Supporter
  • ****
  • Posts: 2477
  • Country: us
Re: Tek 2445 Ch1 and CH2 not working
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2022, 04:40:39 pm »
If you're adept mechanically, you could try gluing the form back together and rewinding the coil.  What do you have to lose; it's already broken.

...
These don't seem to be in the parts list.  I have two still attached to a 2465 parts board, I measured them and I get 70nH +/- 5nH with a very low DCR.  I don't know if the 2445 uses the same part, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a smaller value.  It also probably isn't terribly critical so what you listed will probably work, but perhaps you want to get 68nH instead.
I have two old 2445 un-installed boards and I'm also measuring 69, 69, 72, 74nH (LCR meter is 2.5% +5nH, 1,0Vrms @ 100kHz).  The parts are labeled "Z-327", FWIW.  They appear to be the same as my 2465, but I can't get a good look at the label without removing the A1 board.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just verified the part number and these two boards are 2445A boards, not 2445.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 04:44:16 pm by MarkL »
 

Offline bdunham7

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 9435
  • Country: us
Re: Tek 2445 Ch1 and CH2 not working
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2022, 04:51:05 pm »
The parts are labeled "Z-327", FWIW.  They appear to be the same as my 2465, but I can't get a good look at the label without removing the A1 board.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just verified the part number and these two boards are 2445A boards, not 2445.

The ones on my 2465 board are marked "-0327" and I'm going to guess that we're all looking at equivalent parts.  68nH should do it.
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.
 

Offline 20Ola02Topic starter

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 16
  • Country: no
Re: Tek 2445 Ch1 and CH2 not working
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2022, 08:53:16 am »
Good news, The relays are clicking ;D
I'm so happy right now, I can't stop smiling.
First time I heard them I was sure something blew up, lol :-DD
Just need to wait for the inductors from Mouser to get delivered.

Thank you very much for the help bdunham7 and MarkL!
Not only did you guys save me time, but also my sanity, again thank you.

EDIT:
The power on rod/bar is just a mm or two above the ic, didn't think about that :phew:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 09:11:00 am by 20Ola02 »
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->