Author Topic: tektronix 2245a problems  (Read 4767 times)

Offline bigbigbigernTopic starter

tektronix 2245a problems
« on: November 02, 2016, 08:12:44 pm »
change battery to 3 volt with holder.like cpu board.now wont go in menu.the lights go out.

Re: tektronix 2245a problems
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 09:38:04 pm »
can anyone help? reset the ribbons.still the same  ? :--

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 12:24:42 am »
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline singapol

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 03:04:36 am »
change battery to 3 volt with holder.like cpu board.now wont go in menu.the lights go out.

The picture tells a different story? What lights go out? Please be exact or specific , we are not mind readers. ;D
Why did you change the battery and what's it for? There are so many tek scope models that you have to give details of what failures you have on this scope model. Please be patient and you will be served. ;D Have you downloaded the service manual?

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 04:31:22 pm »
 :box:

Offline MosherIV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 04:36:54 pm »
OK what happened turn it on go into menu it would configure then then would say died battery.well took the 3v Panasonic lithium battery out soldered wires in there place. used a battery holder like on motherboards  .3v disc lithium battery. yes all wires and are plugs are right.know it go,s into start up me lights up.volts time and the buttons don.t work now.hit auto setup sort of works in small screen. press the c1 and alt for menu freezes.
This might make sense to you but to the rest of us this is total garbage and makes no sense what so ever !

incomplete sentences.strangepunctuation
I agree with this.

If you want help, you will have to use properly constructed sentences and grammar (American standards will do).

:box:
No one is interested in an argument about this. We will help you - if you help us.

The following users thanked this post: bigbigbigern

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 04:51:40 pm »
OK what happened turned the  scope on.it would  go into menu then would configure.  Then would say  warning battery failed restart.Well i took the 3v Panasonic lithium battery out. Soldered wires in the place of where the battery was soldered. Used a battery holder like one,s on  motherboards.  3v disc lithium battery i used instead of the old style battery. Yes all wires and are plugs are right.Now it go,s into start up menu lights up.Volts time and the buttons don.t work now.Hit auto setup sort of works.But the  screen is small .Does not look right. Press the c1 and alt for menu freezes menu mode .Have to shut the scope off .Before it will restart again might be 30 minutes.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:05:01 pm by bigbigbigern »

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 04:57:28 pm »
 :horse: Have been reading the service and operators manual .Over and over again.

Offline singapol

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 05:16:31 pm »
:horse: Have been reading the service and operators manual .Over and over again.

You should read Theory of operation Chapter3 of service manual to familarise yourself about how the scope works.
I suspect your battery holder mod cause this fault. Did you insulate the bottom of battery holder since this one is for pcb use? If not you could have shorted something. Since the LED lights are missing it means the +5 volt supply is missing. Read the relevant section of chapter 3 for understanding. After that you can locate the frontpanel schematic and see where the +5V is used/connected and try to measure with multimeter if this 5V is present. If not work backwards to A2 board/schematic for 5V low voltage regulator. Good luck for now.

A smaller file from the same site: Wait for Processing to change to Get manual.

85Mb file: 330 pg.
http://elektrotanya.com/tektronix_2445a_2455a_sm.pdf/download.html

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 05:42:42 pm »
Thank you i did insulate both positive and negative .I will read the chapter  .Thanks again . :clap:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf