Author Topic: TTI TSX1820P repair log.  (Read 376 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline djsbTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1122
  • Country: gb
TTI TSX1820P repair log.
« on: May 29, 2026, 11:38:42 am »
Just bought one of these to be repaired. It's not arrived yet as only bought today. Seller reports "Sometimes it turns on. Sometimes it doesn’t show up any output". I will record my progress here.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2026, 11:11:48 am by djsb »
David
Hertfordshire, UK
Retired University Electronics Technician, London, PIC16/18, CCS PCM C, Arduino UNO, NANO,ESP32, KiCad V10+, Altium Designer 21.4.1, Alibre Design Expert 28 & FreeCAD beginner. LPKF S103,S62 Operator, Electronics instructor. Credited KiCad French to English translator.
 

Offline Spoony

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 2
  • Country: gb
Re: TTI TSX1820P repair log.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2026, 03:34:47 pm »
Hi i am currently the service engineer working for TTI any help i can offer just let me know!
 
The following users thanked this post: djsb, temperance

Offline djsbTopic starter

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1122
  • Country: gb
Re: TTI TSX1820P repair log.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2026, 07:11:06 am »
So, its arrived.
At first turn on the front panel lights up very briefly. Then nothing. There was the sound of a decaying whine from inside the power supply. I tried this for 4 more times and then the supply powered up completely. I have since tried to get the supply to NOT work, but it just keeps turning on. I haven't checked if it works under load yet though.
There appears to be either an intermittent or a developing problem somewhere. Maybe it's in the soft start section.
Anyway I'm going to open the case and give it a good vacuuming and then clean/reseat as many connectors as I can. And then have a look for any bulging capacitors or other signs of distress. Will post more later.
David
Hertfordshire, UK
Retired University Electronics Technician, London, PIC16/18, CCS PCM C, Arduino UNO, NANO,ESP32, KiCad V10+, Altium Designer 21.4.1, Alibre Design Expert 28 & FreeCAD beginner. LPKF S103,S62 Operator, Electronics instructor. Credited KiCad French to English translator.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->