Author Topic: Baku 601D Is soldering station is it good?  (Read 4802 times)

Offline little_carlosTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Baku 601D Is soldering station is it good?
« on: August 18, 2015, 10:37:47 pm »
Hello guys, i want to buy a soldering station (soldering iron+ hot air pistol) and my budget is low so i saw this at an online page here in mexico for around 150 us dolars (adjusted from the price in pesos)
does it worth it? or is there any other cheap and good soldering station, remember my budget is low so i cant afford a genuine weller.

Offline rvalente

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Baku 601D Is soldering station is it good?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 12:12:09 am »
Well, mine has the internal vibration pump, I can't complain.

Yours has the little internal fun inside, its like a miniature hot air gun, $150 may look a lot, but I believe that in mexico is similar to Brazil in the ridiculous amount of taxation.

Offline little_carlosTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 03:02:44 am »
Well, mine has the internal vibration pump, I can't complain.

Yours has the little internal fun inside, its like a miniature hot air gun, $150 may look a lot, but I believe that in mexico is similar to Brazil in the ridiculous amount of taxation.
yeah bro a lot, all the equipment for electronics can be like $80 us dolars or even more expensive than in the usa, australia or other places
that's crap haha

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 07:10:42 am »
I have the 602D+... solder iron 388c to 412c temp changes and than symmetric (230V & 30mA) switch off, as on different differential brands.

With warranty, the fixed the temperature jumps....

But if I changed the EU connector in reversed manner, same differential issue. As changing temp from 380c to 410c.

We exchanged the the solder iron, no change...

So opened and studied the hole things and started to revamp:

. transformer 180° turned so input is on the back, and put on a rubber for less noisy

. removed the USB power, while never used

. added on the back a on/off switch so stuff get quiet if not used

. ALL solder points are as cement soldered  :-DD and that from a solder iron company. OK, chica do not understand with soldering to made contacts and not as fixing..

. after re soldering as it should look brilliant / shining ... after switch on temp now increases more slowly

. while phase or null of 230V will go directly to the right heater front connector dependent of the symmetric 230 EU connector

. added a filter for the transformer & connected directly to my new power switch (cable to the board off), while this may brings bursts to the power, who knows  :-//

. twisted all internal cables 230V and all of the transformer and all 230V in addition isolated 

ll just as  :palm: engineering and be warned of the 230V phase to the front ... now no more 30mA symmetric power switches off... so far  :-DD

Just for short & using SMD soldering good enough

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf