Author Topic: microscope AMSCOPE for soldering  (Read 5410 times)

Online jfiresto

• Frequent Contributor
Re: microscope AMSCOPE for soldering
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2022, 09:35:00 am »
Yes, you are probably right. The ultimate stiffness is probably limited by the hardware and material the maker devotes to the stand. I imagine that generating a competitive set of cost-effective marketing bullets, getting favorable first weeks reviews and minimizing shipping costs (to offer "free" shipping) could/would make a two-arm stand less stable than it could be. My impressions about one-arm vs. two are likely colored from buying used microscopes made in a remote and hoary antiquity when the optical and mechanical engineers were firmly in charge.

Thank you for posting the pictures of your microscope that show how well things turned out.
-John

The following users thanked this post: HobGoblyn

Offline rauldmTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2022, 07:25:14 pm »
Your AMscope it has same bracket that dual boom chinese microscopes. I think is an advantaje because reducing vibrations, in aliexpress the price for dual boom plus camera is same in my country for a microscope like this with single boom, I will upload review and pictures when microscope arrives.

Offline Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2022, 12:25:32 am »
Single and Double Arm Boom Stands can come in various materials and configurations.

For example, among others, AmScope offers "SAW" and "DAW" (there are also black versions of each):

https://amscope.com/products/saw
3" (76mm) Holder Ring
23" Overall Length.
16" Single Arm.
15" High Pillar
9" x 9" x 1-3/4" Solid Cast Steel Base
40 lbs in Weight

https://amscope.com/products/daw
3" (76mm) Holder Ring
30" Overall Length
20" Double Arms
17" High Pillar
10-1/4" x 8-1/4" x 2-0" Solid Cast Steel Base
Shipping Weight: 55 lbs

While I happen to use the DAW and find it very flexible as well as highly stable, the SAW looks very substantial and per HobGoblyn it also provides stable viewing.  I think issues with stability might be due to products that use stands/bases, tubes/arms, fittings, and controls that are less substantial.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf