Author Topic: Pace WJS100 Soldering Station; Tips?  (Read 429 times)

Offline ArtsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Pace WJS100 Soldering Station; Tips?
« on: July 02, 2023, 08:58:44 pm »
I have a Pace WJS100 High Power soldering station. I am extremely impressed with it, and the performance is exceptional.

It uses the older TD100 (plastic) handpiece, and is specified for use with the Pace 1128-series (gold end) High-Power Tips.

I was recently gifted a large batch of brand new 1124-series tips (black end), which are also used with the TD100 handpiece, but are rated as the TD100 Standard Soldering Tips. These tips are used with the non-high-power soldering stations.

Both tip types are in the IntelliHeat category.

My questions are:

Does anybody know what the electrical differences are between the two types?
Are these regular tips usable with the high-powered base station? 

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
Re: Pace WJS100 Soldering Station; Tips?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 01:17:30 am »
As far as I'm aware The WJS100 uses unique tips for higher power (yellow "gold" ended). The black ones should work in that TD100 handpiece but just are not intended for that station, you will probably kill them if you try (or worse).

Intelliheat MBT or ST stations will run those black ended tips, I've the MBT350 and TD100A which is the updated aluminum handpiece version (with newer stand) of the same handpiece you have. The Pace ADS200 basically combines the function of the black and gold tips into the one high power station.

If you have a bunch of them and or dupes send me a message with what you have I might be interested in doing a swap or buy some so you can get a few extra golds. An alternative would be to pick up a secondhand Intelliheat ST station.

Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf