Author Topic: Pen/graphics tablet with display  (Read 1562 times)

Offline MarkMLlTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Pen/graphics tablet with display
« on: February 01, 2020, 12:35:27 pm »
I've recently acquired a graphics tablet with integrated "LCD-like" display, branded Newyes and supplied by Banggood and others e.g. https://www.banggood.com/NEWYES-10inch-bluetooth-Archive-Synchronize-Writing-Tablet-Save-Drawing-LCD-Office-Family-Graffiti-Toy-Gift-p-1446888.html

It's reasonably usable as a graphics input device under Linux with e.g. Gimp, and I presume would be at least as good under Windows for which drivers are supposedly available. I think it might be worth investigating by anybody who occasionally wants to get rough circuit diagrams etc. into a computer, and isn't used to using a pen-type device that doesn't leave any marks.

Internally, there's a tiny PCB carrying a chip with markings laser-eroded, but there's traces of logo etc. which suggest that it might be from Realtek. Output is Bluetooth (untested) and USB, in the latter case appearing as 6161:4d15.

MarkMLl

The following users thanked this post: ilmanowar

Offline ilmanowar

Re: Pen/graphics tablet with display
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 01:03:17 am »
Hello Mark,
I am sorry to resume an old thread, but you are the only that gave me a little hope.
Can you kindly tell us how did you get it working on Linux?
All my attempts are failing.
I have the same Id, but it has a different brand (it is common with chines products).
Thank you very much.
Best,
Max.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 08:35:46 am »
So far, as a directly-connected mouse-like device attached to an x86_64 running Debian Buster/stable. No success with Bluetooth. Trick was something like expanding Gimp etc. to full-screen (4K monitor) then finding where the tablet's corners are (rather smaller than the full area).

It's better on Android to which it connects using Bluetooth with minimal hassle, but even on Linux it's useful for simple sketches particularly if (like me) one isn't familiar with a plain tablet.

I'll make sure there's some charge in it so I can answer more detailed questions if necessary. Don't forget to charge the pen... haven't worked out how to change the battery in that when it eventually dies.

MarkMLl

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 02:20:23 am »
Are you sure the pen needs a battery?

I have a wacom pressure tablet, a quite old and cheap Graphire tablet, and like most of the Wacoms the pen works without any battery. (Though there is no built in display, to draw on, sadly)

It works great under Debian Buster too, however.

So far, as a directly-connected mouse-like device attached to an x86_64 running Debian Buster/stable. No success with Bluetooth. Trick was something like expanding Gimp etc. to full-screen (4K monitor) then finding where the tablet's corners are (rather smaller than the full area).

It's better on Android to which it connects using Bluetooth with minimal hassle, but even on Linux it's useful for simple sketches particularly if (like me) one isn't familiar with a plain tablet.

I'll make sure there's some charge in it so I can answer more detailed questions if necessary. Don't forget to charge the pen... haven't worked out how to change the battery in that when it eventually dies.

MarkMLl
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 08:50:07 am »
Are you sure the pen needs a battery?

I have a wacom pressure tablet, a quite old and cheap Graphire tablet, and like most of the Wacoms the pen works without any battery. (Though there is no built in display, to draw on, sadly)

I don't care what you've got, this pen needs a battery.

How do I know? USB socket in the end and a manual. Which I read >:-)

MarkMLl

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf