Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 663933 times)

Offline KocsisV

• Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #2925 on: May 08, 2022, 08:33:17 pm »
I asked because this exact reason :) I'm still trying to get rid of the need for multiple projects, copy pasting, manual code generation etc etc.
You just open the project, hit build and if the main.c/h template or the .ioc was updated (or no code generation was run previously) it automatically generates the code. Also everything is in a single project you just have to select the target from the drop down menu.
What does not work (and this is the 3rd method I'm trying...) is that it fails to trigger the code generation if you select "Build All" which should build all available target configurations. I think this is an eclipse bug, would not be the first I run into... (and after 1+hour of searching this seems to be a 15+ year old bug...) The code gen is another build config in another subproject, because this ST codegen only opens the IOC if its in its own project.
Hitting build for each target individually works, if you update any relevant file it automatically re-generates the code from the IOC, if no relevant files changed it skips this step, and the rest is build incrementally. Somehow the single build triggers the build of the referenced (dependency) project, but "build all" does not.
Build all works if the target hw projects are already built, this is only an issue if you start with a new repo or you canged the IOC/template files and try to build all configurations.

In case I manage to get "build all" to work, there will be no need for different hw config if the IOC file/target controller is the same. So there could be multiple configuration for the same board type.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 08:36:32 pm by KocsisV »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2926 on: May 08, 2022, 09:09:21 pm »
That would be great! I was curious how to use a simple switch, or exporting a variable (ex. BOARD=KSGER_V3_SSD1306 make).
But makefile is automatically generated by the project.
Who knows, now it's stable, some day I might try cleaning everything up and porting everything to libopencm3.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline KocsisV

• Contributor
« Reply #2927 on: May 08, 2022, 09:24:54 pm »
You can add custom pre and post build steps within the generated makefile (before generation), and also add custom make targets via the "makefile.init" in the project root, then add these targets to the build/clean steps. The issue with these for code gen, is the makefile is generated before the code gen is executed and if the generated files (by the code gen) is not present then the sources list won't contain them -> make will not compile them. If you run the build a second time (after refreshing the project) it works. This was the first thing I tried.
Then I tried to add a custom builder to the main project. This runs before the makefile is generated, but this only runs once for the "build all", not each time for each configuration. No idea why it's not executed for every configuration (it can have configuration dependent variables, that indicates that it is needed to be run for every configuration, but it does not...).
Now with the current setup I have the builder is in the separate hw config project (where the IOC is), the main project references (depends on) the hw target projects. So when the given target needs to be build and the hw project is not yet build it is triggered. Only magic here is that the main project is what contains the main.c/h templates is linked via a build in variable to the hw project, so if you change the template in the main project then a build for the hw project is also scheduled.

Yes it is stable but its inconvenient and prone to mistakes. If you have to add any compiler setting, src folder, include folder, exclude files from the build, etc then you have to modify this in every project manually.
With the setup I'm trying to do, you can do this modifications while the "all configurations" is selected, and only need to do it once.

Offline KocsisV

• Contributor
« Reply #2928 on: May 08, 2022, 11:24:00 pm »
After an another hour, I can think of a possible solution but it's not without a compromise:
The main project will have the code generation, but if the templates (main.c / main.h / mcu_it.c) changes or this is the first build then the code generation will be run for all hw targets (not the same as configurations like the LCD!). It's still incremental, because if you only modify one IOC then only the code for that hw will be re-generated. The main.c -> user_main.c, main.h -> user_main.h separation comes in handy in this case, because the main.c/main.h/mcu_it.c is even more rarely modified since all it does is call the respective handler in the user_main. And also if you add a new hw target, then the pre-build makefile needs to be modified to include that too.
Is this acceptable?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 11:25:53 pm by KocsisV »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2929 on: May 09, 2022, 12:05:45 am »
I don't really understand why are you saying main.c is rarely modified, CubeMX will modify almost everything, adding all the initialization code, handlers, interrupts, headers... they're different for each controller!

What I don't want is a complex building system which is harder to fix/maintain than just few files Boards folder.

I guess the way to go would be to run away from cubeIDE/cubeMX, and hardcode everything using regular Eclipse+makefile+libopencm3.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 12:11:44 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline KocsisV

• Contributor
« Reply #2930 on: May 09, 2022, 07:35:14 am »
I don't really understand why are you saying main.c is rarely modified, CubeMX will modify almost everything, adding all the initialization code, handlers, interrupts, headers... they're different for each controller!

Because I moved those to a template folder and in the pre-build code generation step a makefile is executed which has a target (currently a dummy file, read the relevant comment in the makefile) that copies this template main.c/h/stm32_xxx_it.c file, runs the codegen. So the files in the template folder are never modified by the codegen. If you change the templates it is automatically discovered by eclipse (no special config needed, since the template is within the main project), which triggers the pre-build code-gen step, make discovers that the prerequisites of the code-gen target is changed, copies the template to the target hw specific project/folder and runs the codegen on that.
And because eclipse can change based on the currently active configuration which include and source folder to use each hw target can have its own separate folder. This folder is where the pre-build step places the generated files.

What I don't want is a complex building system which is harder to fix/maintain than just few files Boards folder.
Its not at all complex, all of this is contained in a single makefile https://github.com/KocsisV/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/blob/updateProjectStructure/mcu/generate_sources.makefile, plus the project settings to run this makefile before the build.
And if the pre-build step don't even need to take into account the currently active target configuration, then the project settings becomes really simple: just trigger the pre-build step before build and build the hw config for all targets.

regular Eclipse+makefile+libopencm3
Eclipse does not work well (actually not at all) with normal makefiles. Its internal builder/indexer can't use them. If you go this way then eclipse basically becomes a fancy text editor and nothing more. And I would suggest cmake in this case, because with a simple makefile it's still difficult to depend on code generated by a previous step/target especially if you don't know beforehand what files are going to be generated (what drivers get copied, etc).
VisualStudio and IntelliJ IDEA can work with make/cmake based projects, but then you run into the issue of actually setting up the target platform SDK, as opposite to STM32CubeIDE where everything comes in one single package (compiler, support packages, IDE, ...).
So I would keep the STM32CubeIDE + its automatic makefile generation and solve this pre-build code generation step.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 11:50:59 am by KocsisV »

Offline Embehu

• Contributor
« Reply #2931 on: May 12, 2022, 03:52:31 am »
Anyone know if I can use this soldering station for TX2 hakko tip?

Offline ygi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2932 on: May 12, 2022, 08:10:57 am »
Anyone know if I can use this soldering station for TX2 hakko tip?

T12 stations aren't designed to power 260W tips. Also, I bet those tips don't even run on 24V as that would require handpiece cable to be very thick. So, no way.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2933 on: May 12, 2022, 09:13:56 am »
That's just like a C245, the TX2 runs at 29V, but will work at 24V, just at lower power, I guess the heater is 2.5-3ohms.

Of course, you'll need the FX2 handle and a decent power supply, but otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Also check the mosfet, some controllers have weak ones, while others have pretty powerful parts.

I have no idea about the thermocouple voltage and polarity, could be the same as T12, or completely different.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 09:17:42 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline Embehu

• Contributor
« Reply #2934 on: May 12, 2022, 10:31:26 am »
That's just like a C245, the TX2 runs at 29V, but will work at 24V, just at lower power, I guess the heater is 2.5-3ohms.

Of course, you'll need the FX2 handle and a decent power supply, but otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Also check the mosfet, some controllers have weak ones, while others have pretty powerful parts.

I have no idea about the thermocouple voltage and polarity, could be the same as T12, or completely different.

Thanks so much for clarifying me. Yes, I tried to measure the heater, it’s around 2.5-3ohm. Both AC and DC can heat it up, no polarity need to care. So I can change the information from the station or before uploading the CFW?

Since we have a lot 2nd TX2 tips laying around, and when I tried without controlling the temperature, it’s really comfortable to solder the big joints. Hope it will work.

Really appreciate it!

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2935 on: May 12, 2022, 11:00:22 am »
Is the connection just 2 pins like this picture?

So it might be like a T12 after all, with ground and earth connected together.
Try to take measurements of the thermocouple voltage, connectting a DMM in the lowest millivolt range and heating the tip with a lighter or something any other heat source.
In the worst case I expect the output to be higher than T12, requiring to adjust the amplifier gain, only if it goes negative (I don't think so) it'll be hard to adapt.

For 10A, I'd reinforce the connections with thick solid copper wire, from pin to pin, like in the picture.

Oh, and these tips are called T33... Interesting, $50+ for each tip though!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 11:18:08 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline Embehu

• Contributor
« Reply #2936 on: May 12, 2022, 12:47:08 pm »
Is the connection just 2 pins like this picture?

So it might be like a T12 after all, with ground and earth connected together.
Try to take measurements of the thermocouple voltage, connectting a DMM in the lowest millivolt range and heating the tip with a lighter or something any other heat source.
In the worst case I expect the output to be higher than T12, requiring to adjust the amplifier gain, only if it goes negative (I don't think so) it'll be hard to adapt.

For 10A, I'd reinforce the connections with thick solid copper wire, from pin to pin, like in the picture.

Oh, and these tips are called T33... Interesting, $50+ for each tip though!

Yes, exactly. It has 2 contact points, as in pictures. I will send you the results later. There is one version from China which is confirmed to  work well with this tip. But it was run out of stock, it called  T12 V4 full color.
Here, the price for tx2 is nearly 1 US dollars. Super reasonable price but still good

Offline Embehu

• Contributor
« Reply #2937 on: May 12, 2022, 02:06:47 pm »
Here is my measurements, with negative probe on the contact inside the tip, positive probe on the “small metal ring”
Heat with lighter, voltage stable goes up
Heat with the other soldering iron (I don’t have digital display ones), voltage up to 0.25 mV
Hope this will help

Offline Polf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2938 on: May 12, 2022, 08:33:24 pm »
David, the display GMG12864-06D has LED backlight pins A and K. You have not thought about the possibility of adjusting the brightness of the backlight through the controller menu? For example, using one of the free ports STM32 and MOSFET?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2939 on: May 12, 2022, 09:02:59 pm »
Loosk good. Try adjusting the calibration values manually, and see what vakues you need for 250 and 400ºC.
400ºC shouldn't go past ~3500, the ADC limit is 4095 but you must leave some room for going to 450ºC, also for ambient temperature compensation.

$1 for a TX2? Do you know any online store to buy these cheap ones?

Polf, that display doesn't have much brightness, I added it just because it's much cheaper than 2.4" oleds, but I don't think many people will use it!
It's important for the oled to avoid burning after many hours, but LCD won't.
Not in my current plans, perhabs in the future...

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2940 on: May 12, 2022, 09:51:12 pm »
since that guy is from vietnam, i guess those cheap tips are used ones from PSU/amplifier factories. u can buy comissioned tips in almost any country in amount of "bucket of nails"

Offline Embehu

• Contributor
« Reply #2941 on: May 12, 2022, 10:49:46 pm »

Please pm me your address, then I will send you one tip as a gift. However, you have to pay shipping fee, which might over $50+ or never reach you :D

since that guy is from vietnam, i guess those cheap tips are used ones from PSU/amplifier factories. u can buy comissioned tips in almost any country in amount of "bucket of nails"

Yept, I’m from Vietnam, and we call where the heaven for DIY is located. Those stuff — I think it’s waste from Samsung’s factory or LG or other.

Again, many thanks for helping me. I’m now enough confidence to get the stm 32 station

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2942 on: May 13, 2022, 10:27:21 am »
$50 for shipping? Do you hire someone to personally carry the tip, walking from Vietnam? :-DD

Offline Embehu

• Contributor
« Reply #2943 on: May 13, 2022, 10:32:57 am »
$50 for shipping? Do you hire someone to personally carry the tip, walking from Vietnam? :-DD

Just kidding. To be honest, I really don’t know about the shipping fee.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2944 on: May 13, 2022, 11:15:50 am »
I know! :-+
But I'm interested in getting that kind of stuff, that's perfect for DIY, cheap, you won't suffer if it breaks or burns...and actually way better than chinese clones, as they're used genuine parts.
Don't you know any place to buy them from outside?
I don't wanna go there because I like oriental foods too much, I would have to pay twice when returning (XXXL seat)

u can buy comissioned tips in almost any country in amount of "bucket of nails"
Just, where?  :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 11:18:01 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline totalnoob

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2945 on: May 13, 2022, 11:19:11 am »

Just kidding. To be honest, I really don’t know about the shipping fee.

Sorry to get off topic, but do you have any $2 13"x40" (330 mm x 1000 mm) metal lathes, by any chance in Vietnam?  I'd gladly pay $50 shipping for one.  :-DD

Offline Embehu

• Contributor
« Reply #2946 on: May 13, 2022, 01:38:23 pm »

Sorry to get off topic, but do you have any $2 13"x40" (330 mm x 1000 mm) metal lathes, by any chance in Vietnam?  I'd gladly pay $50 shipping for one.  :-DD

Metal lathes, we do have a lot but the price is $2 for 1kg. All of these come from Japan. I recommend you just go to VN and I will guide you find anything you want

The following users thanked this post: totalnoob

Offline KocsisV

• Contributor
« Reply #2947 on: May 13, 2022, 06:00:02 pm »
I managed to come up with a solution for the code generation!
Only the main project needs to be imported (STM32SolderingIron), the rest is only needed if you want to change the IOC files conveniently within the IDE. (The inconvenient method is opening/editing the IOC files with the CubeMX tool directly.)
To select a specific target: right click on the project, build configurations, set active, select the target. Other option is to simply click the down arrow on the build icon (below the menu bar by default) and select the target there (this will also trigger a build). The first build will take a long time as it's generating all the code for all targets. Subsequent builds will re-generate the code from the IOC files if needed, there is no need to manually generate the code (and the code generated that way will be ignored). Only the changed targets will be re-generated if the prerequisites change (templates of main.c, main.h, interrupt file or the IOC file). To build all targets: "Project" menu then click "Build All" or right click on the project, build configurations, build all. "Build selected..." (multi selector) also works. To force a re-generation clean the project (right click on the project then clean, or from the project menu then clean).
And now its also possible to differentiate between target hardware and target configuration. So if the IOC files/generated code don't need to change between configurations, its possible to re-use these because it's possible to specify pre-processor defines based on the selected configuration eg.: lcd type.
Link to the branch in my repo: https://github.com/KocsisV/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/tree/updateProjectStructure. This is not the master branch (yet)! You have to check out updateProjectStructure after cloning. This is also behind the main repo by a few commits.

Offline Embehu

• Contributor
« Reply #2948 on: May 13, 2022, 10:45:34 pm »
I know! :-+
But I'm interested in getting that kind of stuff, that's perfect for DIY, cheap, you won't suffer if it breaks or burns...and actually way better than chinese clones, as they're used genuine parts.
Don't you know any place to buy them from outside?
I don't wanna go there because I like oriental foods too much, I would have to pay twice when returning (XXXL seat)

Here is link for tx2 tip that I found, price is 60.000 vnd (~$2.5 US dollars) without shipping fee. I bought from the other guys without online store :D

https://shopee.vn/product/169047023/7595160828?smtt=0.236339943-1652481120.9

Here is for the handle with price of 200.000 vnd ~$ 9 US dollars from the other store— I bought this handle. The store also has option handle with tx2 tip, price is 250.000 vnd ~ 12$

https://shopee.vn/product/34194508/10251373537?smtt=0.236339943-1652481679.9

Just download Shopee app from your cell phone and register one account and good to go. Because I saw alot of store from China, Indonesia so might be ship to Spain.

Just ask me if you have any concerns.
Many thanks

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2949 on: May 14, 2022, 09:39:00 am »
I've tested it, seems to work, but definitely running CubeMX 5 times is a bit annoying, nothing can be done to execute that only for the specified target?
Btw how to add target variables?
I tried using symbols as variables, but it didn't work, ex. -DDISPLAY=ST6565, but -DST7565 did.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf