Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 665381 times)

zalvis and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ltek

Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #3100 on: July 27, 2022, 06:08:44 pm »
Hi All, I'm new and just ran across this while looking for a new station. Is there an FAQ to help noobies like me decide what station to get, meaning... what works best with the custom firmware, and what the custom FW adds / fixes / tweaks .. and anything it doesnt have vs the stock FW?

For instance, I'm thinking I should choose between the Ksger v3.1s and the Quicko T12-958 as they 'seem' equal, but I cant really tell for sure. I found the attached chart for Quekoo station features posted on the web... would be cool to have a chart for the custom FW showing supported stations, and features / exceptions / etc.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3101 on: July 27, 2022, 07:27:02 pm »
Not really... latest versions are identical in any maker, basically KSGER v2-based. If you wish, post here your buying options and we'll check out.
I'd get whatever is cheaper, usually KSGERs are very overpriced while providing nothing better than any other Quicko/Quecoo/Handskit/etc, ex. this Handskit:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000183089084.html

You have user feedback running this FW sucessfully.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:29:59 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline ltek

« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 09:03:12 pm by ltek »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3103 on: July 27, 2022, 09:58:46 pm »
Cheaper, but without power supply.
And nope, it doesn't use stm32, but STC, won't work.

The main differences between v2 and v3 is the screen type, spi vs i2c, and few circuitry differences, sometimes better and others worse, can't tell, there're a lot of variants.

There's no such ARM chips. ARM sells the cpu design, doesn't make chips.
Chips containing ARM technology usually also have ARM labeled, stm32 do.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline ltek

« Reply #3104 on: July 27, 2022, 10:14:36 pm »
Quecoo T12-959 with the 2.6" screen says ARM chip, seems confusing... https://de.aliexpress.com/item/3256803527117780.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5411943aSX5L18&algo_pvid=06a82cc7-ce7e-4feb-ab81-97457a03c570&algo_exp_id=06a82cc7-ce7e-4feb-ab81-97457a03c570-6&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000026905474133%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21USD%21%2157.21%21%21%21%21%21%402101d8b516589555676914081e4c27%2112000026905474133%21sea

I prefer a smaller unit requiring a separate power adapter -- easier to store, less potential issues (wall warts last a long time, and very easy to replace if they die) ... but looks like there are fewer options for that with the STM32.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3105 on: July 28, 2022, 12:06:24 am »
That station won't work with this fw, read the firmware compatibility in GitHub!

Arm chip = Anything having arm CPU, but don't them trust too much, sometimes they don't even know what they're selling, anyways there're tons of microcontrollers containing arm CPU, stm32 is just one of them, just "ARM" doesn't mean it's compatible!

Always check the user feedback, often you'll find internal pictures:

The xm1008k6t6 seems to be a clone of stm32f030k6t6 (Not supported)

This is the cheapest stm32 mini I found:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_uZPMpb

But it's only 7eur less than the Handskit, I wouldn't buy that.

Also the cheap one you listed has 0.96" screen while the others use 1.3".

Before asking again, ensure to check compatibility in the firmware firmware GitHub page.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 12:26:35 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline vqtrong

• Contributor
« Reply #3106 on: July 28, 2022, 06:03:41 am »
Perhabs someone can help here.
I want to debug the stack when a hardfault happens, so I can show the program counter in the display.
That way I could check the map file disassembly and see where it's crashing, greatly easing the debugging process, like currently happenning with Quicko STM32F072.
I can also read SCB->BFAR, thus easily checking if an invalid address was accessed.

This seems interesting:
https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BxwhEhSQI/my-stm32h743vi-application-runs-to-a-debug-instruction-in-the-startup-code

However the startup file is not happy with PROC and EXPORT lines. Perhabs a Keil-specific syntax?
Code: [Select]
HardFault_Handler\
                PROC
                EXPORT  HardFault_Handler

; Determine correct stack

TST     lr, #4
                ITE     EQ
                MRSEQ   R0, MSP         ; Read MSP (Main)
                MRSNE   R0, PSP         ; Read PSP (Process)

MOV     R1, R4
                MOV     R2, R5
                MOV     R3, R6

EXTERN  hard_fault_handler_c
                B       hard_fault_handler_c
                ENDP ; sourcer32@gmail.com

The rest is plain easy, the custom HardFault handler is called and then you get the values.

Hi,

You can define a naked function HardFault_Handler in main.c to capture the stack pointer and then jump to a custom handler which does some extra things.

Refer to https://www.codeinsideout.com/blog/stm32/fault-handler/#fault-handler

Offline wickated

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3107 on: July 28, 2022, 02:19:45 pm »
Thanks for reporting. The projects is almost stalled since I'm getting little to none feedback.
sry. im still on october build. maybe its time for updating fw

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3108 on: July 28, 2022, 04:23:05 pm »
vqtrong, I modified the startup file to call a custom hardfault vector, backup the registers, then call the main hardfault function.
Seems to be working nicely, I tried to access an illegal address, the PC showed the correct program position, while r3 showed the memory address I tried to access.
Won't be a miracle, but will give some hints.

Quicko F072 owners, try this one, when the hardfault happens take a picture of the display.
The PC address should tell where the error happenend in the code, can be easily check in the listing file, also attached.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 04:27:31 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: vqtrong

Offline vqtrong

• Contributor
« Reply #3109 on: July 29, 2022, 02:54:37 am »
vqtrong, I modified the startup file to call a custom hardfault vector, backup the registers, then call the main hardfault function.
Seems to be working nicely, I tried to access an illegal address, the PC showed the correct program position, while r3 showed the memory address I tried to access.
Won't be a miracle, but will give some hints.

Quicko F072 owners, try this one, when the hardfault happens take a picture of the display.
The PC address should tell where the error happenend in the code, can be easily check in the listing file, also attached.

You're super fast. I think the list files should be included beside the release bin files, because the mapping can be different in each release.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3110 on: July 29, 2022, 09:57:03 am »
I know, they will be included!
But for now I didn't made any new release, only the attached Quicko STM32F072 which is the only one having issues.

Offline jbnl

• Contributor
« Reply #3111 on: July 30, 2022, 11:19:12 am »
Are there people who had bought the sequre MSS 12 t12 soldering station. ? Its with oled and had even a usb-c pd connector.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3112 on: July 30, 2022, 08:33:16 pm »
Edit: Atmel MCU, small display. Not supported.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 01:27:52 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3113 on: August 01, 2022, 01:03:32 am »
been away for a while sadly health news is not been good. its a long story. they basically told me i have stage 4 melanoma as it has now spread to the bone. they will be starting treatment in the next couple weeks

which is the most current firmware for this station? the ksger v3 (the github folders are a bit different then last time i checked them) im trying to keep my mind off things and messing with just all random things now since i have time to get some things built because im not going into the office at this time or a lot during treatment most likely. appreciate it.

Offline ricktendoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3114 on: August 01, 2022, 06:25:09 am »
been away for a while sadly health news is not been good. its a long story. they basically told me i have stage 4 melanoma as it has now spread to the bone. they will be starting treatment in the next couple weeks

which is the most current firmware for this station? the ksger v3 (the github folders are a bit different then last time i checked them) im trying to keep my mind off things and messing with just all random things now since i have time to get some things built because im not going into the office at this time or a lot during treatment most likely. appreciate it.
Sorry to hear about your health.

You can find the latest compiled firmware on the releases page: https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/releases

If you have a v3 with the original screen, you will want to choose the oled version.

The following users thanked this post: mastershake

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3115 on: August 01, 2022, 07:37:18 am »
Very sorry Mastershake, I really hope the treatment works, will be a long road but try to fight it all you can!
Yeah now it's in Releases.
All the best!

The following users thanked this post: mastershake

Offline Rixi

• Contributor
« Reply #3116 on: August 09, 2022, 07:43:37 pm »
I just noticed that the "10pcs T12 Soldering Iron Tips Set" on FlashDeal at Banggood for only 19.99 USD and thought this might be interesting for some of you guys:
https://www.banggood.com/custlink/3Dmpvt5A5R

Ordered mine already  8)

Offline M-Reimer

• Contributor
« Reply #3117 on: August 16, 2022, 09:49:12 am »
When getting a power brick for the "mini" stations, how high would you go in the power rating? I only want to drive T12 tips. What's the official power rating of the T12 tips? 70 watts at 24 V? Is a power supply which can output 3.14 A sufficient or should I better get a 4 A supply?

Offline Tugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3118 on: August 16, 2022, 02:38:58 pm »
T12 are rated at 72W.
But there are 2 things:
- you will have maximum power only at start
- the biggest tips are really close to that rating

If power supply will do that 72 W rated power you will be just fine with 72 W of power.
Even if it will not be able to do 72 W you can set maximum power to lower inside the settings with Davids FW and you will also be just fine.
As explained before smaller tips are not able to to achieve maximum power rating even from the start, when used they are not even closer (unless you will use the tips to heat water ;-))

So my advise is: use quality 72W power brick or at least a little bit more (96 W?!) for a no name. If you have any 24V low power (at least 24W so 1A) somewhere, set maximum power inside settings to lower and see how it goes ;-)

Offline M-Reimer

• Contributor
« Reply #3119 on: August 16, 2022, 02:54:04 pm »
Thanks. The 100 W was only barely more expensive. The only downside is that it is slightly bigger. What I'm searching is a power supply where I can add my own cables. I want to route the earth connector to the secondary side to be able to ground the station this way. This is not easily possible with premade power bricks as they are usually welded shut.

I went for this one now: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08NQ4CR96/ This is not "the cheapest thing" but "Poppstar" is actually only an importer. You can find these power supplies under different brands. I'll post an update how it went with routing the ground wire to the secondary side. I hope that I can just feed it through between the board and the bottom of the case.

Offline Chris02

• Contributor
« Reply #3120 on: August 16, 2022, 03:53:32 pm »
Hello to everyone,

is it possible to use any soldering tweezer (e.g. JBC AT420 or Hakko FM2023) with this CFW and maybe any HW mod? Did anyone tested it before?

PS: The link to this thread on github is wrong.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3121 on: August 16, 2022, 09:27:27 pm »
Oops, yes the final "/" was missing in the link.
Not compatible with tweezers, would require a second analog/pwm front-end, not a simple mod.

Offline Chris02

• Contributor
« Reply #3122 on: August 17, 2022, 06:10:24 am »
Thanks for your reply.

What about making a simple bridge between the two heating elements? It won't be possible to controll the temperature in every single tip, but will it be work?
Is there enough power to drive two soldering tips?

Edit:
I checked some circuit of STM32 soldering stations.
For a second channel you need an OP Amp and a mosfet including driver, nothing more. Nothing which you can't bring on a small additional PCB. This PCB can be conencted to the orginial one and wired to the µC. Also the Hirose connector for JBC can be placed on this PCB.
But will/can you add a second heater controll in your SW (I'm very bad in SW). If you say can will do it, we can manage it together. :-) In my opinion it is some copy paste and one additional menu for a tweezer. And there are some free pins on STM32 which can be used.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:35:42 am by Chris02 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3123 on: August 18, 2022, 08:39:37 am »
Yeah, technically feasible using another PWM and ADC input, running two PID controllers... but not straightforward, and I'm not working on it anymore, just small bugfixes, no more development..

There's not simple method running in parallel etc, read more  here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/using-quicko-t12-952-soldering-station-with-2-tips-(as-soldering-tweezers)/msg4061356/#msg4061356
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 08:41:40 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline M-Reimer

• Contributor
« Reply #3124 on: August 19, 2022, 09:34:25 am »
As the stations are cheap, the "way to go" would be to just have more than one. I have one that will always stay at my workbench which is also integrated into the workspace ESD ground and connected to a switch in the iron stand. I'm currently preparing a second station which will be stored in a small toolbox together with some stuff I need for soldering. So if I have to solder something that I can't bring to my workbench, then I can just grab that toolbox and have everything, that I need, right away.

And if I need two irons occasionally, then I can just set up my mobile station on my workbench.

The main issue for using the stations for tweezers is, in my opinion, that noone seems to make the "mechanical part". Meaning tweezers which hold two (identical) T12 tips. If that would be available, I would just create an adapter which splits the two heating elements off to two separate plugs for usage on two separate stations.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf