Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 682851 times)

Offline elektryk

• Regular Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #3775 on: December 17, 2023, 08:02:27 am »
My approach does almost the same but without overwriting with zeros. If next value is 0xFFFF, then the previous should be desired value saved last time.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3776 on: December 17, 2023, 09:54:05 am »
Yeah I noticed that :).
Made some additional checks, simplified other parts, made sure it didn't break the battery mod, use a declared array in its own linker section instead hardcoding it, it's implemented now.

I didn't add any setting to enable or disable this function, it's enabled by default unless using the battery mod.

We can't use 1KB page size from the STM32F10x, as STM32F072 has 2KB pages and it would break compatibility.
Thus, 2KB space is reserved for this in the linker scripts.
This allows +1K saves without erasing. Still plenty of flash available, around 25KB for STM32F10x, 15KB for STM32F072.

New release:v1.11.3.

Thanks for your contribution! ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 10:20:36 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: ststefanov13

Offline elektryk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3777 on: December 17, 2023, 12:02:19 pm »
I'm glad I could contribute something helpful.

I've got only 103CB, so some hard coding was used and yeah it was a bit easier to simply #define that offset.

The following users thanked this post: DavidAlfa, asupsp700

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3778 on: December 17, 2023, 12:13:20 pm »
The problem with hardcoding is that you aren't reserving that space.
So, the code might get into that area, then get erased by the temperature save function.
Long time ago I also used this method for the settings, the program became larger and larger until eventually I started getting hardfault errors for no apparent reason... but it was exactly this! :)

And few more updates:

- Remove Profile selection from System menu, now it's done from main screen.
- Remove Remember Temperature / Profile / TIP from System menu, now they're always remembered.
- Convert battery mod to a System menu option. If your board has battery installed, enable this to reduce flash wear.

New release:v1.11.4.

The current Youtube video is very outdated...

I don't have a fancy wooden table, nice lights or a decent phone, but I remember some people here posting some really good videos.
If you feel like having 15 minutes to make it, showing the functions, calibration, tip/profile selection, it would be very helpful! :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 08:09:18 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

The following users thanked this post: Tugo, dcore, Polf, Rixi, asupsp700, ststefanov13

Offline asupsp700

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3779 on: December 17, 2023, 05:01:49 pm »
Guys, I can’t keep up with you in flashing my station  ;D. Update every day  ;)

Offline Rixi

• Contributor
« Reply #3780 on: December 17, 2023, 11:49:40 pm »
The current Youtube video is very outdated...

I don't have a fancy wooden table, nice lights or a decent phone, but I remember some people here posting some really good videos.
If you feel like having 15 minutes to make it, showing the functions, calibration, tip/profile selection, it would be very helpful! :)

You could ask this guy to make an update video. Love his channel and it has a very good outreach I guess.
Or David L. Jones running EEVBlog & Channel? That would "somehow" make sense, too ;-)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 12:16:29 am by Rixi »

The following users thanked this post: asupsp700

Offline Rixi

• Contributor
« Reply #3781 on: December 18, 2023, 01:27:33 am »
I'm searching for a "naked" T12 controler board capable of running the CFW and a C245 handle.
Any recommendations?

Any experience with this or this controller board? Do they work?
Which one (not limited to the two linked) would you recommend?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3782 on: December 18, 2023, 02:41:23 am »
No experience myself but it's the same thing after all, just another Ksger V2.
The only issue can be a weak regulator design.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 02:43:46 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: Rixi

Offline ststefanov13

• Contributor
« Reply #3783 on: December 18, 2023, 05:13:11 am »
I'm searching for a "naked" T12 controler board capable of running the CFW and a C245 handle.
Any recommendations?

Any experience with this or this controller board? Do they work?
Which one (not limited to the two linked) would you recommend?

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005002382830287.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.419.4e541802bKgvf0&gatewayAdapt=glo2vnm

This seller is selling a finished controller to work with JBC and is with original STM32, he is selling PCB to the controller. It serves desoldering module and works with a valve or a vacuum pump.

The controller is of very good quality, the flux everywhere is perfectly washed. The EC11 encoder is perfect.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 07:01:34 pm by ststefanov13 »

The following users thanked this post: Rixi

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #3784 on: December 19, 2023, 04:50:29 pm »
David, I would like to know, I will ask a possibly idiotic question, is it possible to run an LSD display on the ksger v2.0 firmware by editing the board.h file. It’s just that my custom board has the ability to connect such a display, is it currently using a 1.3 OLED display with the latest version of your firmware - 1.11.4?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3785 on: December 19, 2023, 05:06:40 pm »
If the LCD supported I2C... But the ST7565 and compatibles were only SPI, thus not by default, would need hardware (Wire
the SPI connection) and firmware (Enable SPI peripheral/pins in the .ioc, board.h) modifications.
Run the build script, load Ksger V3, then open the .ioc file in CubeIDE, see how the SPI peripheral is configured, LCD cs, dc, rst pins...
Also read Creating .IOC file .
Anyways those LCDs look terrible, slow response, poor contrast...

Edit: Post the lcd pinout and I'll show you, it's very easy!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 04:49:17 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #3786 on: December 20, 2023, 03:38:36 pm »
These are the displays I have in stock - they are the same as in the video published on your channel with the only difference - you had a display with white letters on a black background, and I have a standard display of characters for a graphic display. By the way, I Now I’m using the latest version of your firmware - the stability of the firmware has increased very much (I sometimes got a hard vault message on the screen, which was cured by rebooting the station (this is not critical), what’s more critical is that I couldn’t add all my T12 cartridges into memory, which I use and, accordingly, their calibration data. At first I sinned on my board - I have it completely custom based on bluepill and assembled using the ksger 2.1s topology, but after updating to the latest version 1.11.4 everything returned to normal. A pleasant bonus was the presence of a battery mod exactly in the station settings.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3787 on: December 20, 2023, 05:50:57 pm »
Except the previous post where someone was having a hard fault in a v2 controller, while working in another, using the same firmware (Very strange) this FW has been perfectly stable for quite a long time, easily 2 years.
Hard fault should never happen, when it ever did I fixed it quickly! Any bugged release was deleted, so there's no " v1.11.2 was buggy, don't use".

What I need it's not the lcd pinout, but the stm32 connection to it.
You said the custom board has connections for the LCD, that's what you should show, specially the schematic for it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 12:45:11 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #3788 on: December 20, 2023, 09:14:53 pm »
I meant that when I saw your post with firmware 1.11.2, you recommended enabling battery mod by editing the board.h file (I should have uncommented the battery enable line in my opinion) and in this file I saw that the connection lines for the spi interface were commented out and I asked this question about the possibility of connecting in version Xger 2.1. Now I see that this is impossible, but on Xger 3 and quicko lcd firmware I successfully installed various displays on 7565 and 7567, by the way the display on the uc1601 controller worked, unfortunately photo I didn’t do it, I connected the display as an experiment, the main displays in the tests were 7565 and 7567. And regarding the error that pops up, it was not a matter of your firmware, but a small flaw in the printed circuit board, which I corrected. I would like to thank you for the enormous amount of work you put into creating the firmware. I’ll make a donation at the first opportunity, right now there isn’t one - the front line is 50 km from my house and my payments from PayPal and other payment systems are still blocked, I hope that soon everything will end. Thank you again!

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3789 on: December 21, 2023, 12:50:24 am »
No worries, just enjoy it! :)
Anyways, it would very easy to add the SPI LCD if you connect it to a SPI port.
You need any SPIx SCK/MOSI.
Then use any free pin for CS, DC and RST.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 12:52:20 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: Rixi, oleg401169

Offline elektryk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3790 on: December 21, 2023, 06:14:07 am »
Inspired with some posts about the LCD I've tried it myself.
Here's DOGM128 with ST7565R controller.

The following users thanked this post: Rixi, ahmadzaa, oleg401169

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3791 on: December 22, 2023, 05:34:41 pm »
- Remove Profile selection from System menu, now it's done from main screen.
- Remove Remember Temperature / Profile / TIP from System menu, now they're always remembered.
- Convert battery mod to a System menu option. If your board has battery installed, enable this to reduce flash wear.

New release:v1.11.4.

- Fix bug introduced in v1.11.4 blocking low temperature requests made by calibration and debug screens (Oops, no time for testing everything :P).

New release:v1.11.5.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 05:46:53 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: ricktendo, dcore, ststefanov13

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #3792 on: December 23, 2023, 11:13:18 am »
David, I had a problem with the firmware - the firmware was 1.11.4, I decided to flash it to 1.11.5 and an error occurred during startup (I am attaching a photo), it helped me a lot that I had a second station with your firmware - I took a dump from it, I flashed the second one, reset it to factory settings and configured it. In principle, I didn’t notice any special problems in 1.11.4, but with the new firmware version such a problem arose.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3793 on: December 23, 2023, 11:28:48 am »
Working perfectly for me (Quicko F103), which controller is it? KSGER v2?
What FW version did the second controller run?
Why copying the other controller dump instead erasing and flashing a clean firmware?
Or just use the button factory reset method?

v1.11.5b, I'm now including the listing file (It's just a text file) so you can see the problematic code when a hardfault happens, search the PC address there (Bottom left value in the screen).
Comment any issues in v1.11.5b discussion board.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 12:54:00 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #3794 on: December 23, 2023, 03:13:40 pm »
I have a homemade soldering station board, assembled according to the ksger v2 scheme, but I use a bluepill stm32f103c8t6 board and until the last moment all the firmware was installed and worked perfectly, my second station is the same, but works in c245 mode - they are completely identical, except for working in different modes. I think it’s most likely the board, although before that everything worked fine

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3795 on: December 23, 2023, 03:47:02 pm »
It doesn't make any sense. Proibably some issue in the HW.

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #3796 on: December 23, 2023, 07:21:38 pm »
I think so too, so I’ll stay on 1.11.4 for now, especially since it worked great for me and did not cause any complications. I use two stations operating in two different modes t12 and c245, they work great on your firmware and neither I don’t want to change any other one. I’ll wait for new versions of your firmware!

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3797 on: December 23, 2023, 07:38:23 pm »
I can't fix anything if I don't know what's wrong.
New firmware versions won't get magically fixed unless people test it and report the issues.

So try 1.11.5b, post a picture if still getting errors, also try button factory reset and/or fully erase the stm32 with ST-Link.
Also, make sure there are no protected flash pages.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 07:41:57 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #3798 on: December 23, 2023, 08:02:08 pm »
Okay, but I'll try your advice only tomorrow, although I previously installed the firmware with default settings. Regarding your firmware, it is the best available and from the release of a new version I do not expect a magical cure for all diseases, I understand perfectly well that it is very difficult to improve an already perfectly working product, unless you add bluetooth, wifi and the possibility of satellite communication with Alpha- Centauri. Please excuse me if the joke may seem rude to you!

Offline oleg401169

• Contributor
« Reply #3799 on: December 27, 2023, 09:20:03 am »
David, version 1.11.5b is working!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf