Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 665696 times)

DenGF and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #4025 on: March 30, 2024, 10:40:13 pm »
Any station is very much the same, and the same mod applies for C245 tips.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline S_older

« Reply #4026 on: April 05, 2024, 09:58:46 pm »
Thanks. I ordered this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32971888371.html set 12. It's still in transit. I'll open it up when it gets here and see where to go from there.

Offline sebbi1983do

• Contributor
« Reply #4027 on: April 12, 2024, 03:15:07 pm »
Hello. Today I got my ksger station. Can anybody tell me the pin out for the 5 pins? I want to resolder my Handskit iron to use it. Br

Offline ststefanov13

• Contributor
« Reply #4028 on: April 13, 2024, 11:41:08 am »
Pinout is on a diagram.

Offline Jono434

• Contributor
« Reply #4029 on: April 14, 2024, 05:52:15 am »
I received a PM from a user a month or two ago.. but I haven't been on the forum for a while.  Today I wanted to find the time to post an update.  Since Christmas I have had serious health issues and haven't been able to complete this project.  I hope to return to it at some point in the future.  But now for now, I don't have the time or energy to try.  There are other things in the way, and if I return to it, I want to be able to give it full concentration while working with the electrical side.  I wanted to thank DavidAlfa and others for the open nature of this firmware, and sharing ideas or help with each other.   It's a really fun thing to have a small soldering iron like this and I hope to finish it at some point this year.  I have all the parts sitting in a box waiting to be completed.

So far, the only thing completed is some customized settings and UI changes in the firmware.  With a script that can take a new version of the firmware and apply my custom stuff over the top of it (it's mainly just custom visual stuff so that it looks the way I prefer on my version of the screen).  There's two splash screens for example.. it shows STM32 logo then JBC/Hakko logo for a second or two.  And resizing some of the icons or fonts in a certain way.  There's an icon for each tip type, but they are so small it's hard to get a lot of detail.  It was all just a bit of fun to play around.  Creating the script was complicated, if one thing is wrong.. the firmware won't boot up.. it requires a lot of backups and troubleshooting, but once it's created properly, it works.  I used AutoHotkey, but I'm sure the same idea would work with AutoIt or C++ or something else.  AutoHotkey is the only one I have a lot of experience with.

I was already very happy with no changes from DavidAlfa's firmware, the other side was just a bit of fun.  After the first time I flashed the firmware, I must have flashed it a 1000 times before Christmas.  This worked reliably.  Even though the mechanical connections became strained.  I recommend soldering a 2.0 PH connector to the PCB, and also to the STM32 Programmer connectors.  My connections were improvised because I didn't have any connectors when I received the PCB.  They have become loose over time, and you need to be careful not to bump the PCB or wires while they connected.  Or if you turn the rotary knob.  I used the PC's power via USB to power the screen and chip.  But it all worked.  As long as you are careful not to touch the the wires too much.

I have yet to plug in any iron handles or tips, and that side of the code is stock so far.  Except for some profiles created for the specific tip sizes that I have in the box of parts.  This is fun stuff, and I hope to return to it at some point in the future.  And to make it work with the different iron handles.  There's just serious life stuff in the way at the moment.

Offline sebbi1983do

• Contributor
« Reply #4030 on: April 14, 2024, 12:15:06 pm »
Hello. I have this chip on my new ksger 3.1. this is not a smt32 chip correct? I can connect it with st link software, but I can’t remove the write protection. Br

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4031 on: April 14, 2024, 10:23:16 pm »
Search "mm32" in this thread   ;). (Not compatible with cfw).
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline xlzslayer

« Reply #4032 on: April 15, 2024, 01:36:34 pm »
Hello, I'm quite new to this place and field, so apologies in advance for my inexperience.

I was wondering if it would be possible to modify this board to work with c245 tips. is it possible to do so by modifying how the wires are connected to the gx12 connector? I plan on hooking up a couple of relays so that I can switch between c245 and t12/c210 (c210 apparently works along with the t12 without requiring modifications).

For clarification, I have not purchased this board yet, this is a picture from another customer that bought it from the same listing.

feel free to recommend me a board that would be easy to modify.

The image doesn't work properly with "end-of-post expandable thumbnail", extremely unlucky first post.... spent way too long trying to make it work, another image worked fine
had to convert it to png instead of saving it as png (from webp)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 03:49:14 pm by xlzslayer »

Offline sst311212

« Reply #4033 on: April 16, 2024, 09:06:43 am »
I use the blue one, very easy to mod.
After modding board, you need connect "+" and "TC" in male GX12 connector (For T12).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 09:34:04 am by sst311212 »

The following users thanked this post: xlzslayer

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4034 on: April 16, 2024, 05:17:27 pm »
had to convert it to png instead of saving it as png (from webp)
Use jpg dude! Png is good for vectors and simple colours, but gets gigantic with photos.

Edit: FYI, I bought several tips from the Quicko store.
To my surprise they worked great for the start, hadn't the usual jumping/madness.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006101561984.html
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 06:05:44 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline xlzslayer

« Reply #4035 on: April 16, 2024, 06:47:10 pm »
Use jpg dude! Png is good for vectors and simple colours, but gets gigantic with photos.
My bad, will do from now on!

Edit: FYI, I bought several tips from the Quicko store.
To my surprise they worked great for the start, hadn't the usual jumping/madness.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006101561984.html
Possibly manufacturing process ironed out/improved, or it could be a different factory altogether, good to know though!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 06:59:27 pm by xlzslayer »

Offline xlzslayer

« Reply #4036 on: April 16, 2024, 06:58:46 pm »
I use the blue one, very easy to mod.
After modding board, you need connect "+" and "TC" in male GX12 connector (For T12).

I see. Does the mod consist of the soldered resistor on "G" and "N", and the trace cut beneath it?

As for "+" and "TC", I'm a little confused, are those referring to the black JBC cable, and the solder blob on "+" ( why is there a blob there anyway?).

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4037 on: April 16, 2024, 07:20:47 pm »
Finally, I bought a KSGER v3 for my dad, replaced the stinky MM32 with a STM32, flashed the CFW, all good.
PID was a bit off, slowly oscillating back and forth.

After some tuning I got it pretty decent with the following settings:

FILTER MENU
 - Filter: 75%
 - Threshold: 60
 - Min: 40%

PID:
 - Kp: 45
 - Ki: 15
 - Kd: 6

Though the response with the Quicko tips are close to perfect compared to my old ones!

Offline sst311212

« Reply #4038 on: April 16, 2024, 11:37:01 pm »
I see. Does the mod consist of the soldered resistor on "G" and "N", and the trace cut beneath it?

As for "+" and "TC", I'm a little confused, are those referring to the black JBC cable, and the solder blob on "+" ( why is there a blob there anyway?).
I soldered a 10K resistor as "NTC" for a static temperature reference, but it's not a general modding.
You should connect real "NTC" in tip handle or in GX12 connector.

Original board has a 0 ohm resistor on "J1" (below "R1"), it connect "+" and "JBC" together on board.
T12 tip connect heater and thermal-couple in serial but C245 is not, so you need connect it back to use T12 tips.
And why has a solder blob on "+", because I think it might help current flow while using C245?

Finally, I bought a KSGER v3 for my dad, replaced the stinky MM32 with a STM32, flashed the CFW, all good.
I add a new building profile for chinese firmware build in my main branch, can you take a look if having free time.

Offline xlzslayer

« Reply #4039 on: April 17, 2024, 06:25:44 pm »
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification ^^

Offline elektryk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4040 on: April 19, 2024, 08:50:06 am »

After some tuning I got it pretty decent with the following settings:

FILTER MENU
 - Filter: 75%
 - Threshold: 60
 - Min: 40%

PID:
 - Kp: 45
 - Ki: 15
 - Kd: 6

Though the response with the Quicko tips are close to perfect compared to my old ones!

Can you recommend settings for genuine T245 (for example 931)?
In my case default ones leads to some oscillations.

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4041 on: April 19, 2024, 02:27:06 pm »
I can't. Set Ki to 0, adjust Kp until it doesn't oscillate, then try increasing Ki until overshooting.

The following users thanked this post: elektryk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf