Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 663467 times)

oleg401169, bozo, DenGF and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
Re: CFW for STM32 OLED Digital Soldering Station with T12 Handle
« Reply #925 on: April 09, 2021, 06:49:33 pm »
there are two beeps per edge detection of WAKE input.
Currently I have no buzzer. Are you sure it's that? It will beep when waking but also when reaching the temp.
So if you go to sleep and wake up quickly, both things will happen very closely in time.
Well, it behaves like this:
https://youtu.be/Vbdyr-n5YeY
I did not see this behavior in earlier builds.

is this just with the quicko branded one? i dont have this issue with the ksger boards?

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #926 on: April 09, 2021, 06:51:44 pm »
the newest posted ksger firmware (3.0 oled board on this one) id like to say is working amazing. temps are rock solid after calibration. i mean within 2-3 deg stable. very nice. thank you! this is with the china t12 tips also the real hakko ones are even more stable. i was able to get one to within 1 deg almost everywhere 2 max
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 06:57:07 pm by mastershake »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #927 on: April 09, 2021, 07:14:22 pm »
Huh..it shouldn't even beep for that. Only if it wakes, nothing else.
I'll check the code, I made some changes, probably screwed something up.
I simplified some wake functions, maybe I forgot checking the buzzer part.
Since my buzzer became half buzzer 2 months ago, I couldn't test it.
Edit: Fixed. Will update in a moment. It seems I deleted too much last time:
Code: (Before) [Select]
void setCurrentMode(uint8_t mode){
Iron.CurrentMode = mode;
buzzer_short_beep();
Code: (Fixed) [Select]
void setCurrentMode(uint8_t mode){
if(Iron.CurrentMode != mode){
buzzer_short_beep(); // Beep only when the system mode changes, you bastard!
}
Iron.CurrentMode = mode;

About the buzzer: Quicko drives the buzzer with a transistor (Like it should be), but KSGER does it with 3 parallel stm32 pins (cheap-ass method top save 0.01$).
I guess that maybe, the pulse is too short for KSGERs.

Nice to know that mastershake! That's the way it should be.
For me at least, after calibration it's accurate within +- 3ºC in the whole range. And regulation is pretty much nailed.

Guys, I'm thinking on changing to a new thread. Since I didn't made this one, it's impossible keep this tidy.
I would like to use the first post as an quick FAQ for the troubles / fixes / questions that usually appear, also maybe announces/updates.

For example,  I need calibration values ASAP.
Since long time ago, I've been thinking to make board-specific default calibrations.
So ex. KSGER 3.0, v2.1, Quicko, get a defaulkt calibration close as possible to real.
But I can't do it myself. Also after so much touching my Quicko it reads a lot different.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 07:48:50 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: cosmin1

Offline AndyC

• Contributor
« Reply #928 on: April 09, 2021, 07:22:04 pm »
wow sweet can you tell me where to get that display? id love to get a few of them for mounting these into a combo type unit?
Search Aliexpress, Banggood, Amazon etc for 'SSD1309 2.42" OLED'
is this just with the quicko branded one? i dont have this issue with the ksger boards?
I see it on the KSGER 2.1 too.
the newest posted ksger firmware (3.0 oled board on this one) id like to say is working amazing. temps are rock solid after calibration. i mean within 2-3 deg stable. very nice. thank you! this is with the china t12 tips also the real hakko ones are even more stable. i was able to get one to within 1 deg almost everywhere 2 max
Agreed, great upgrade for the 3.0 board!

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #929 on: April 09, 2021, 08:14:06 pm »
Updated binaries! (Also the release v1.0 files)
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline AndyC

• Contributor
« Reply #930 on: April 09, 2021, 08:23:52 pm »
Wow, fast work! It did get better, only one beep per input now :) (Tested the .bin straight from github on my KSGER 2.1)

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #931 on: April 09, 2021, 08:31:39 pm »
so with the default handle the ksger does the same thing with the buzzer. i was using one i made without the shake sensor inside of it. this is the regular blue 9501 version if you shake it it beeps and if you have it a certain way it will beep continuously.

edit same here only one beep per input on 3.0 or as you tilt it each way now.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:50:09 pm by mastershake »

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #932 on: April 09, 2021, 08:52:56 pm »
wow sweet can you tell me where to get that display? id love to get a few of them for mounting these into a combo type unit?
I see it on the KSGER 2.1 too.
Agreed, great upgrade for the 3.0 board!

almost everyone i can find has the pins down the left side ill look again. there wouldnt be enough clearance that way how i want to mount them where yours has them on the top. ill take another look maybe i missed it. was the one you have solder and go or did you have to modify it at all? i have a source for the 1.3" that are VERY close fitment wise to the stock ones just a hair lower and are exact pin out. thanks

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #933 on: April 09, 2021, 09:08:35 pm »
Wow, fast work! It did get better, only one beep per input now :) (Tested the .bin straight from github on my KSGER 2.1)
Wait, does it still beep when you shake the handle? It should -only- do it when entering or exiting sleep mode.
Or when you change the temp and it reaches the setpoint.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #934 on: April 09, 2021, 09:09:50 pm »
Wait, does it still beep when you shake the handle? It should -only- do it when entering or exiting sleep mode.
Or when you change the temp and it reaches the setpoint.

with the ksger yes. its a quick beep as you shake or tilt the handle.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #935 on: April 09, 2021, 09:20:26 pm »
With the very latest firmware I just updated a moment ago?

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #936 on: April 09, 2021, 09:28:45 pm »
yes. correct. i can reflash it if you want but before if i held it right it was a steady constant beep or if i shook it it would beep every time you move it. but now it only beeps when you move / shake it. i dont get the steady constant beep.

to be sure i erased / reflashed / reset still short beeps as you move the handle
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 09:36:36 pm by mastershake »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #937 on: April 09, 2021, 10:48:23 pm »
Is the wake mode set in SHAKE, right?

... I'm debugging it, everything seems correct.
Every change in the handle triggers the mode change, but the buzzer is only called when the system was not in the same mode (waking up / going to sleep).
I've been shaking the handle for a while, the neighbours don't seem to like it. :-DD

Maybe I deleted the new bins and uploaded the old ones??? (Another brain stroke)
Just in case I made a new build for the ksger 3.0. Try it.
Don't bother resetting the fw, it's code related, there's nothing in the settings that could cause that issue.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 10:53:15 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #938 on: April 10, 2021, 01:41:02 am »
yup its set to shake. ill try the new one now i just got back give me a bit ill flash it over in a min.

nope same behavior now with the file you just added see here:

https://streamable.com/76avlq
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 02:12:18 am by mastershake »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #939 on: April 10, 2021, 08:12:54 am »
If you disable the buzzer it stops doing it?
Just to be sure it's the buzzer call.

Offline AndyC

• Contributor
« Reply #940 on: April 10, 2021, 08:31:19 am »
almost everyone i can find has the pins down the left side ill look again. there wouldnt be enough clearance that way how i want to mount them where yours has them on the top. ill take another look maybe i missed it. was the one you have solder and go or did you have to modify it at all? i have a source for the 1.3" that are VERY close fitment wise to the stock ones just a hair lower and are exact pin out. thanks
This looks similar to the one I got: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001250463926.html
I just soldered the header pins and connected it :)

Offline AndyC

• Contributor
« Reply #941 on: April 10, 2021, 09:34:24 am »
If you disable the buzzer it stops doing it?
Just to be sure it's the buzzer call.
Yes, all quiet with the buzzer disabled.

Guys, I'm thinking on changing to a new thread. Since I didn't made this one, it's impossible keep this tidy.
I would like to use the first post as an quick FAQ for the troubles / fixes / questions that usually appear, also maybe announces/updates.
Good idea! Maybe the mods can move the last part of this thread into the new one to keep everything in one place.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 09:46:04 am by AndyC »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #942 on: April 10, 2021, 10:33:18 am »
AndyC, also happens with the Quicko?

Offline AndyC

• Contributor
« Reply #943 on: April 10, 2021, 10:35:44 am »
AndyC, also happens with the Quicko?
Yes, also quiet when buzzer disabled.

EDIT:
Another clue: when the tip temp is more than 5C from setpoint, there are no 'shake beeps'. So if I heat up the tip and then lower the setpoint, it doesn't beep while the tip is cooling down.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:35:34 am by AndyC »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #944 on: April 10, 2021, 12:36:32 pm »
Yes, after a nice sleeping I catched it instantly.
These tiredness consequences always fascinated me, something being in your face so clearly, and you didn't see them!
*Takes a nap* It shows like a neon sign! :-DD

The problem was again, the setmode function.
I was resetting the temp reached flag every time.
As it was already at the setpoint temp, it caused an instant beep.
Yesterday I didn't got the problem because I was setting the power extremely low, to avoid overheating the tip while debugging, so it was cold all the time.

Fixed, uploading updated builds.
Edit: updated.

I also lowered the low voltage limit a bit, to 11V. So 12V can be used correctly (11.9 would trigger the error).
At 12V the mosfet became very slightly warm (with 24V it was colder) meaning it was not doing it's best, having higher switching loses. But nothing to worry about.
But below 11V, it's asking for trouble, so I won't set that parameter as an adjustable option.

Now I have to think something about calibration.
For example, only on first boot, require a manual adjustment for 250, 350, 450ºC, these values will be stored and used for the auto calibration.
To avoid ex. ADC 2500 makes 300ºC in one board but 530ºC in another.

I'd prefer to avoid that, the only way is that you guys start posting calibration values.
I need to ensure there are not a lot of difference between same boards or tips.

I'll start the new thread later. There's a lot to do.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 12:58:27 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #945 on: April 10, 2021, 01:19:30 pm »

There're also some new 1.54" oled. Same thing, just 2x more expensive. They are available in white, blue and yellow.
The good thing is that they have connector, and all circuitry is in the upper side, so the pcb can be trimmed if it doesn't fit inside the T12 box.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 01:23:00 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #946 on: April 10, 2021, 07:45:41 pm »
Some small fixes regarding the recent error reporting changes.
In some situations the screen would not get updated until resumign normal operation (Ex. If removing the iron while in sleep mode, it would stall the sleep text).
Also triggering wake (Moving the handle or on button activity) would overwrite the buzzer alarm status, thus disabling it.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #947 on: April 10, 2021, 10:17:26 pm »
the buzzer seems good now. from quick testing. do you need simple calibration measurements or do you need separate ones from different tip styles? the basic tip i have been using to test this (t12) is the simple k tip. i have others though as well as genuine ones.

edit:
sleep seems to be working fine also no lock ups and comes right out of sleep with a shake or tilt of the handle with a single beep now.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:15:09 pm by mastershake »

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #948 on: April 10, 2021, 10:46:41 pm »
This looks similar to the one I got: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001250463926.html
I just soldered the header pins and connected it :)

was the one you got a 5 pin or a 7 pin version? the one you linked to is 7 pin.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #949 on: April 11, 2021, 01:14:16 am »
I've been working on a calibration method that keeps the tips safe once for all.

The idea was to allow a reasonable offset between the measured and the target temp.
I changed the calibration menu and the profile data. Now each profile stores a default calibration value.
It's like the tip calibration values, but this are the values used by calibration process itself.
You can have a difference of maybe 10 ... 20 ºC  between tips, that's ok. But not >50ºC... or shouldn't!
If the calibration wizard detects more than 50ºC difference in any of the measurements, it will abort and show a message telling to do the manual adjustment.
Ex, in 250ºC step, you set 300ºC, it will fail. Guess what could happen if you keep going and try the 450ºC step. It could heat up to 500...600...

The adjustment is really simple. You have the 3 steps (250C,350C,450C) and the ADC setpoint.
This doesn't adjust the temperature, you set the ADC value you want.
For each step, adjust slowly until you get it close to the target temp.
Some tips need 10 seconds or even more to transfer the heat and get stable.
Doesn't need to be perfect, just close.
These values are stored and applied on future calibrations for that profile.
C210, C245,T12, all have different values.

https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/releases/tag/v1.10

The final calibration was spot on. I'll probably have to improve few things, but it's working.
Also put a lot of checks to ensure you can't put random values on it!
Give it a try and report results!  :-+

do you need simple calibration measurements or do you need separate ones from different tip styles?
The more measures I have, the better!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 01:38:30 am by DavidAlfa »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf