Author Topic: Weller WX2 or WX2020 connector type  (Read 2070 times)

Offline ha_embeddedTopic starter

• Contributor
Weller WX2 or WX2020 connector type
« on: November 24, 2021, 07:21:03 pm »
Does anyone know the 12-Pin connector type used in the Weller soldering stations like WX2, 2020 or 1010?

Today one of the pins of the WXP120 soldering iron broke and it got stuck in the stations plug. I made several attempts to remove it but it seems hopeless. So what are my options? Asking Weller they would recommend a complete spare part board or an in-house repair. On top of that a new cable or iron. Think I would end up with spending couple of hundred bucks.
I found spare cables with the molded connector on the iron side but nothing about the PCB connector. Any idea?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 09:38:47 am by ha_embedded »

Offline ha_embeddedTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Weller WX2 or WX2020 connector type
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 06:35:06 pm »
Just a quick follow up just in case someone is ever in the same situation. There is no possibility to get this connector separately, it is proprietary Weller. But thanks to some hints in another Forum this connector can be easily separated by removing the outer frame. Each pin can be desoldered separately. I was able to remove the broken pin. Also the spring contacts can be adjusted, some people report contact problems over time.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Weller WX2 or WX2020 connector type
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 07:13:18 pm »
Does anyone know the 12-Pin connector type used in the Weller soldering stations like WX2, 2020 or 1010?

Today one of the pins of the WXP120 soldering iron broke and it got stuck in the stations plug. I made several attempts to remove it but it seems hopeless. So what are my options? Asking Weller they would recommend a complete spare part board or an in-house repair. On top of that a new cable or iron. Think I would end up with spending couple of hundred bucks.
I found spare cables with the molded connector on the iron side but nothing about the PCB connector. Any idea?
This page has a 3D model of it for DIYing: https://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/367344

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf