Author Topic: whirlpool ikea brand cooktop  (Read 18056 times)

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
Re: whirlpool ikea brand cooktop
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 09:54:33 am »
I just replaced 2 bulging 470uF/25v 105C caps , in my neighbours very expensive ($1000+) Husquarna/Electrolux induction cooking plate.

husqvarna/elektrolux QHC 650 1X. Typ 55 GAD 86 AG

Symptom was  Error E6 , and the left side would turn off.
The touch control would be unusable , and the wife was rather annoyed.

Husquarna wanted $500 just to dispatch a technician , and then came spareparts etc.

I searched the net but could find absolutely nothing on that model.

E6 could mean (general electrolux errors) "too hot" or "electronics board problem" , but he said the fan was running , and he had cleaned the fan openings.

We decided top open it up (nothing to loose as a replacement were the next step) , and i immediately saw the two caps with bulging lid.

They were near the "low voltage section" on the control board , and one were close to the ribbon cable going to the touch control board.

C124   470uF   25   105   BAD
C151   470uF   25   105   BAD

I changed those two , with Panasonic 105C caps.
And the cooker has been working flawlessly ever since.

My bet is : The touch control board got a lot of ripple due to the bulging (not leaking yet) cap.

/Bingo

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:58:47 am by bingo600 »

The following users thanked this post: xoom

Offline Fank1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 10:37:06 pm »
Nothing to do with your cook top but in the last 3 years I junked 3 Whirlpool refrigerators all less than 5 years old.
They are the YUGO of appliances.

Offline Ally124

Re: whirlpool ikea brand cooktop - Folklig
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 09:12:54 pm »
I had my Folklig ( Whirlpool manufactured) installed in August - all worked fine til beginning of November when it blew. after several visits and replacement circuit board shipped over from Italy it blew again after working for 2 days - sparking in front of the Whirlpool engineer. I just got a replacement and I put it on to cook, turned off and cooked again - just the one ring.
What happens is that there is a bang and then the fuse in the MCB goes down.

I am beside myself after this saga that has lasted for 7 weeks now and 1 week til Christmas.  I actually had to go to Ikea to get the replacement myself and get my own electrician in to install it as Ikea were saying January. I have 2 Christmas lunches to cook for!

It can not be a problem with the electric wiring. Surely it is the hob. Does anyone have any knowledge of this and is able to suggest something before I go crazy with Ikea?

Thanks and any help much appreciated!

Offline xoom

• Regular Contributor
    • E.xoom
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2019, 10:18:58 am »
Hello got same error :) disassembled and bingo:

Thank you Bingo600 :)

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2019, 10:55:05 am »
Glad to be of help  ;D ;D

/Bingo

Offline solderon

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2019, 09:59:39 pm »
I am not an electronics enthusiast by any means but joined here to say thanks for the repair suggestions put up by bingo600.
Last year I had the same E6 error on my Whirlpool cooktop.  Eventually I found bingo's solution and, also with nothing to lose, opened it up and found the exact same bulging capacitors in the same positions. I replaced them at a cost of 94 cents each and, as bingo said - it has worked perfectly ever since.

Then, earlier this year my 24" LG monitor, which had been showing signs of being unhappy, failed completely. A quick look online indicated that it could be faulty capacitors. Emboldened by my earlier success with the cooktop I dismantled the monitor and found 6 bulging caps which I replaced at a nominal cost, and now, it too is working perfectly. Another small fortune saved. Thanks.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf