Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

#28 Yaesu YO-100 scope monitor troubleshoot and repair

(1/2) > >>

Radio Tech:

In this video we take a look at the YO-100 scope monitor.
We will only use out senses to locate the problems without the use of test gear.  We will test a capacitor with a cheap
tester. Lets have a look at what we find.

Vgkid:
Thanks for the video. I have noticed that in the same piece of gear some of those matushita(panasonic) caps will be good , while others will be bad. Even in the same circuit.

Radio Tech:

--- Quote from: Vgkid on February 07, 2016, 11:18:41 pm ---Thanks for the video. I have noticed that in the same piece of gear some of those matushita(panasonic) caps will be good , while others will be bad. Even in the same circuit.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for watching and you are welcome.
I agree. I checked the other caps and they all checked good. So it was just the one  cap that had failed. I think that is pretty good for the age of this old piece of gear.

AF6LJ:
Good video...
I always love it when the easy ones come my way.
The Heathkit SB-610 scopes tend to loose the power transformer due to insulation breakdown.
I have one in the garage that had the CRT filament winding short to the core...

Radio Tech:

--- Quote from: AF6LJ on February 08, 2016, 03:09:54 pm ---Good video...
I always love it when the easy ones come my way.
The Heathkit SB-610 scopes tend to loose the power transformer due to insulation breakdown.
I have one in the garage that had the CRT filament winding short to the core...

--- End quote ---

Thanks Sue,
I did this repair for a friend of mine I do not get to see much of.  Sent him a mail last night and got a mail from him this morning and he was excited to see it working :)

I wonder what CRT they used in the 610?  I have found that when I was working on my SM-220 the CRT came from a popular oscilloscope from that era. I am sure the 610 would be the same. The transformer can be re-wound if you are up to the task.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version