Author Topic: All Band Radio Kit  (Read 3474 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Larsson55Topic starter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: ca
All Band Radio Kit
« on: August 07, 2026, 06:38:41 pm »
I was planning to build a Crystal Radio as a hobby but after I read "garrysblog.com thoughts after building a Si4732 receiver" I thought it may be a better project although much more complicated 

However I have a hard time to find all required part. I understand from AI that I will need:

Arduino Nano starter kit which I find some but doesn't include a rotary encoder.

SI4732 Chip Radio Module Board

OLED 128x64 Pixel I2C 0.96 Display

Searching Amazon / Aliexpress for the above parts individually I get nothing.
Do you know where / how to find these parts?

Thank you

Nicolas
 

Offline cruff

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 118
  • Country: us
Re: All Band Radio Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2026, 12:26:21 am »
The web page you mentioned shows a surface mount to DIP adapter board, is that what you are asking about?
 

Offline dobsonr741

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 974
  • Country: us
Re: All Band Radio Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2026, 04:19:13 am »
Search for “Si4732 all band radio kit” on AliExpress. Or ATS20+ if you want a ready made one.
 

Offline Larsson55Topic starter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: ca
Re: All Band Radio Kit
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2026, 08:06:13 pm »
Many thanks for your time folks,

The web page I mentioned gave me the idea of making an all-band radio but the more I read that page the more confused I get due to all the changes he did. I will try to select the required components to the best of my knowledge and hopefully I will get a working radio. In addition all wiring schematics I find related to this project are different so I will select one and give it a try. I don't want a ready made one because I do this project to get the experience in electronics.

My thanks again 
Nicolas
 

Offline Larsson55Topic starter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: ca
Re: All Band Radio Kit
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2026, 02:39:56 am »
I attach here the wiring schematic I choose to work with. At the top right of this schematic it shows the 2 batteries. I was not aware if this type of batteries but searching they are sold 2 wrapped together for about $30.00. But how these batteries will be re charged?

Nicolas
 

Offline cruff

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 118
  • Country: us
Re: All Band Radio Kit
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2026, 10:31:32 pm »
Those are two standard 18650 size lithium batteries, which appear to be recharged by a separate battery charger.
 

Offline Larsson55Topic starter

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 282
  • Country: ca
Re: All Band Radio Kit
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2026, 01:53:06 am »
Thanks for the information, I just discover today that I have from another project an Elegoo Power MB V2 which delivers 3.3V or 5V power and it has a connection to plug a 9V power supply from a wall outlet. Since my project will need 3.3V and 5V I think it will be best to use the Elegoo Power MB.
Nicolas
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->