Hi all,
I bring before you another 3458A. I've known about this meter for years but just getting around to getting one.
This is an HP unit with option 002.
Apparently, it is not in "Perfect working condition" as described by seller.
First 5-10 minutes of power on, everything seemed normal. Getting small voltage reading on dcv with nothing hooked up. Did self-test within first minutes too, no errors.
Then, after some warm up time (< 20 mins), come back to see "-OVDL." on VDC screen. Strange.
Try switching function to ACV, its showing some readings. Switch to OHM, back to "OVLD".
Run the self test again: 202, "HARDWARE FAILURE -- SLAVE TEST: OVERLOAD"
Hmmmmmmm. Its not the dreaded convergence error I've read about so many times.
Try to hit "RESET", now it boots up with immediate error. Does not show any readings on any settings. Still same SLAVE TEST: OVERLOAD error.
I'm contemplating whether to just stuff it back in a box and open a return case, but I don't want to be too hasty. Am I missing something here? Maybe its a simple issue and not a bad A1/A3 board? As this is my first 3458A I will defer to the volt nuts for a recommendation.
FW version is Rev 8.2.