Author Topic: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter  (Read 9776 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mbear2kTopic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 57
  • Country: us
Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« on: May 05, 2016, 04:07:46 pm »
I just picked up one of these inexpensively and it seems to work very well.  Anyone have any experience with these?  Based on chip dates I calculate a build of about 1995.  It seems to work on all functions, but 'processes' a little slow.  Also - looking for a complete manual.  The service info is out there, but is only a section of the whole manual.

 
The following users thanked this post: saidi mohamed

Offline Towger

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 1650
  • Country: ie
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 04:20:11 pm »
I have one. Remove the internal nicad battery, if fitted.  Mine was also cheap, but has a lot of corrosion from the battery attached to the lid leaking down the wires to the PCB.  It has been a work in progress repair project for the last few years. Just a matter of installing the new parts...
 The service manual is online in a number of Pdf files. I think is the full thing.  If you can't find it, ill have a look here.
 

Offline mbear2kTopic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 57
  • Country: us
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 10:37:03 pm »
I finally dusted this one off.  Replaced the nicad battery pack and it's working well with one exception.  Anything higher than about 1meg on reads off.  I connect a 1% 3.33 meg resistor and it starts out at about 2 meg and very slowly climbs to about 2.8 meg.  DC volts, AC, etc are all fine.

Low ohms and 4-wire seem to be okay. 

Maybe relay(s) contacts?

Still looking for the complete manual.  All I could find was the calibration section of the manual.
 

Offline sorenkir

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 167
  • Country: fr
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 08:44:55 am »
User & Service Manual (multipart --> 6 files) : http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=62715
I have attached a poorly scanned schematic (don't remember where I got it).

Autorange is quite slow and I don't like much the sequential function selection with up & down buttons.
Mine has a (quite good) LT1021BCH-5 10V voltage reference.

Michel.
 
The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix, Wollvieh

Offline saidi mohamed

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 1
  • Country: dz
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »
Dear mbear2k ;
i am interesting about the digital multimeter DP100 too, and i looking for the complet manual users, i fount just the forty first pages and the essentially for me is the connection with the rs-232, to create a graphical interface with LABVIEW, I've searched in internet the adresse mail of ANALOGIC CORPORATION to sent a letter asking him to transfer the user manual, but apparently the analog company and changed its industry. So if there is news on the manual I hope to post here or send it to the following email address: [email protected].
thank you in advance :).
 

Offline carl_lab

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 418
  • Country: de
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 09:43:04 am »
User & Service Manual (multipart --> 6 files) : http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=62715

Can anybody explain how to reassemble these multi-part archive files?
OK, these are single PDF files... :palm:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 06:19:19 am by carl_lab »
 

Offline Mp3

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 361
  • Country: us
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 12:34:00 am »
I'm aware this is a very old thread, but i figured i'd spare anyone else from having to download a 6 part PDF.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/aptnly0gx57yh48/dp100_ilovepdf_merged.pdf/file

It should probably be added to archive.org too i suppose...
High school graduate
 
The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, coromonadalix, Neomys Sapiens, shakalnokturn

Offline rsjsouza

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6198
  • Country: us
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 06:14:28 pm »
I apologize for reopening such ancient thread, but the information here was very helpful so far. I just got one from user Ground_Loop and it has been giving me some work to do. What initially was a power supply issue (already fixed), now it seems to have developed to a general issue on the analog part - a +10V net is around 8.5V, which is throwing off the autorange and the overall functionality of the equipment.

I am using the schematics provided here, but wanted to know if someone else has a better resolution one. Although the existing one is immensely better than nothing, there are quite a few things that are hard to read and I feel it might be missing one detail or another.

So, if someone has a better scanned schematics to share, that would be very helpful. Also, if someone has the error codes of this equipment, that would also help (I am getting errors 02 and 03 on occasion, which I think are related to calibration values but I can't be sure).
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...
 

Offline rsjsouza

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 6198
  • Country: us
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2021, 07:11:16 pm »
I attach below schematics with stitched pages - it becomes easier to follow. Just download the file and rename it to .rar extension (the forum does not allow .rar extensions. Go figure)

Beware: the small .rar file blows up to a 300dpi 160MB Tiff file. I tried to preserve the most quality of the original schematics PDF linked above.

(edit) added the .pdf file created from the TIFF. Perhaps it is easier to browse and print.
(edit2) added the firmware of my meter, which is an early version 1.1
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 01:14:20 pm by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...
 
The following users thanked this post: lowimpedance, coromonadalix, Zermalmer

Offline tomeo.gonzales

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 58
  • Country: ro
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 10:57:44 pm »
Anybody have DP-LINK software (Microsoft QuickBASIC source code ) for Analogic Data Precision DP100 digital multimeter ?
 

Offline HKJ

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 4837
  • Country: dk
    • Tests
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 04:11:32 pm »
Anybody have DP-LINK software (Microsoft QuickBASIC source code ) for Analogic Data Precision DP100 digital multimeter ?

If you have documentation of the protocol and it is RS232 based, you can probably add it to TestController: https://lygte-info.dk/project/TestControllerIntro%20UK.html
It is a more modern GUI based program that works on Windows/Linux/Mac
 

Offline flash2b

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 968
  • Country: nl
  • Everything I like about myself is better with you.
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2025, 12:22:16 pm »
They say attention is a shovel. It's time to dig 'em out.
 

Offline squirrax

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: fr
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2026, 08:12:40 pm »
Thanks for the definition file for TestController.
Sadly it does not work with my unit. Maybe because it's a version 1.3.
There seem to be a problem with the serial communication. I can connect to the device with minicom (linux) but TC doesn't... Here is the TC debug log :

;; jSerialComm version: 2.11.2
;; Start thread for: ttyUSB0 - Analogic DP100
;; Start thread for: ttyS4
;; ttyS4: Set params: 9600
;; ttyUSB0: Set params: 9600
;; ttyUSB0: Tx: <*IDN?.> 2A 49 44 4E 3F 0D
;; ttyS4: Tx: <*IDN?.> 2A 49 44 4E 3F 0A
;; ttyS4: Rx: timeout
;; ttyS4: Tx: <*IDN?.> 2A 49 44 4E 3F 0A
;; ttyS4: Rx: timeout
;; Stopping thread for: ttyS4
;; ttyS4: Close
;; ttyUSB0: Rx: timeout
;; ttyUSB0: Tx: <*IDN?.> 2A 49 44 4E 3F 0D
;; ttyUSB0: Rx: timeout
;; Stopping thread for: ttyUSB0 - Analogic DP100
;; ttyUSB0: Close

Any idea ?
 

Offline flash2b

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 968
  • Country: nl
  • Everything I like about myself is better with you.
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2026, 09:32:56 am »
I have tested with a version 1.6

When you sent *IDN? with your minicom program, can you give me the trace from the COM port in hex ?

I do not know much about linux. I see that the DP100 is connected to ttyUSB0 but that the port is configured on ttyS4. Is there another device? Please disable "scan ports" in TC and do this trace again.
They say attention is a shovel. It's time to dig 'em out.
 

Offline squirrax

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: fr
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2026, 09:12:12 pm »
Thanks for your help.

I disabled "scan ports" in TC and indeed ttyS4 is no longer scanned.

Here is the capture of minicom serial com with the dp100

00000000  2a 49 44 4e 3f 0a 41 6e  61 6c 6f 67 69 63 20 44  |*IDN?.Analogic D|
00000010  50 31 30 30 20 56 65 72  20 31 2e 33 0a 3d 3e 0a  |P100 Ver 1.3.=>.|
00000020

I tried
#eol \n
no luck...
 

Offline flash2b

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 968
  • Country: nl
  • Everything I like about myself is better with you.
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2026, 07:35:08 am »
I will investigate it during the weekend and let you know.

In the meantime you could try comment out (; at the beginning) the line with "remove prompt chars" (or something like that), restart TC and try again.

Also, you can not use the same com port open at the same time. So you cannot use two programs to talk to the DP100. But I think you are aware of that.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2026, 10:30:23 am by flash2b »
They say attention is a shovel. It's time to dig 'em out.
 

Offline coromonadalix

  • Super Contributor
  • ***
  • Posts: 8786
  • Country: ca
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2026, 10:15:44 am »
can people share a dump of the more recent firmware  if they have it ? 

Higher than the one shared earlier wich was  v1.1  thks
 

Offline squirrax

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: fr
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2026, 05:57:46 am »
Hi,
   what i tried since last message :
        _ comment out #removePromtChars 2  -> no luck
        _ changed value to 1 and 3 -> no luck

I noticed the 'REM' signal on the DP100 does not flash while TC tries to connect. It does when using minicom.

I have an error in java while connection attempt about #modifyIDN. But i think that's normal because as 'value' is not read it refers to a null pointer ?

To answer your question : yes i close connection with minicom before opening TC. 
 

Offline squirrax

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: fr
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2026, 06:29:55 am »
I also ran a serial sniffer on the port :

With minicom ->

<  2a 49 44 4e 3f 0d             | *IDN?[CR]
>  41 6e 61 6c 6f 67 69 63 20 44 | Analogic D
>  50 31 30 30 20 56 65 72 20 31 | P100 Ver 1
>  2e 33 0d 0a                   | .3[CR][LF]
>  3d 3e 0d 0a                   | =>[CR][LF]

With TC ->

<  2a 49 44 4e 3f 0d 2a 49 44 4e | *IDN?[CR]*IDN

Seems correct to me...
Perhaps it's about serial parameters ? Minicom uses 8N1. Not sure for TC.
 

Offline flash2b

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 968
  • Country: nl
  • Everything I like about myself is better with you.
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2026, 08:19:01 am »
Well SCPI on the DP100 is very very slow....

Are you using the latest version of TC so v2.96 and latest definition for DP100 v1.02 ???

Did you try to comment out the line #removePromptChars 2 ???

You can try to remove ; from ;#readingDelay 0.2 to enable....

TC uses the bits parity etc from the windows settings. So make sure they are correct in the device manager.


NOTE ***************

You wrote: I have an error in java while connection attempt about #modifyIDN. But i think that's normal because as 'value' is not read it refers to a null pointer ?

When there is an error there, TC will not connect to the meter, so that is culprit. You need a recent TC version that supports this command #modifyIDN.

For me to fix it for you

In minicom, type *IDN? and give me the exact response that I can help you.



Change the "Ver." in the #modifyIDN  into "Ver" that will fix your issue I think
« Last Edit: March 07, 2026, 09:21:20 am by flash2b »
They say attention is a shovel. It's time to dig 'em out.
 

Offline squirrax

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: fr
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2026, 09:43:16 am »
Slow it is, indeed  :)

yes i tried to comment out #removePromptChars and also add #readingDelay 1

I also search for differences in port settings between minicom and TC. There are some. For instance minicom uses CTS/RTS handshaking...
But TC reset all parameters at startup. So i can't change that. May be a limitation of the java serial lib on linux ?
 

Offline flash2b

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 968
  • Country: nl
  • Everything I like about myself is better with you.
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2026, 09:44:44 am »
Did you do my latest suggestion: Change the "Ver." in the #modifyIDN  into "Ver" that will fix your issue I think
They say attention is a shovel. It's time to dig 'em out.
 

Offline squirrax

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: fr
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2026, 10:05:09 am »
i tried to modify "Ver." to "Ver"   -> same error message  ( java.lang.NullPointerException )

I use TC version 2.96 and definition file 1.02

I saw a recent HKJ post saying there was a problem with handshake on Linux ( not fully supported ). I guess it is the problem here.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2026, 10:28:07 am by squirrax »
 

Offline flash2b

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 968
  • Country: nl
  • Everything I like about myself is better with you.
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2026, 10:31:07 am »
See: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/program-that-can-log-from-many-multimeters/msg6002443/#msg6002443

My string is: "Analogic DP100 Ver. 1.6" to Analogic ,DP100,Serial,1.6

Your string is: "Analogic DP100 Ver 1.3" to Analogic ,DP100,Serial,1.3

Serial# should be between " " as last parameter on the #modifyIDN line.

Code: [Select]
#modifyIDN replace(replace(value," ",","),"Ver","Serial#")
« Last Edit: March 07, 2026, 10:36:31 am by flash2b »
They say attention is a shovel. It's time to dig 'em out.
 

Offline squirrax

  • Contributor
  • Posts: 14
  • Country: fr
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2026, 10:45:27 am »
Thanks for your help.
I tried #modifyIDN replace(replace(value," ",","),"Ver","Serial#")
with the same result.
TC doesn't receive any answer from the DP100 : RX Timeout
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->