Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1122470 times)

Offline salvagedcircuitry

• Regular Contributor
  • Electrical Engineer | Hobbyist | Camera Enthusiast
    • salvagedcircuitry
I have a dsox 2014 with nand flash corruption. Here's the initial u-boot output from first terminal window:

I followed the titiris method:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/msg2136181/#msg2136181

I have had some successes, but I keep getting stuck near the final stages of recovery. when entering "go 0x00362000" All I get is:
## Starting application at 0x00362000 ...
nothing ever happens afterwards.

I followed the procedures for USB stick generation and set the file structure the same way, double checked the spelling of the directory folders. I put the same setup on a 64mb fat formatted usb stick and a 16gb exfat formatted usb memory stick. Neither worked. 

I repeated the process with 2.37 firmware but still no change.
I formatted the 16gb usb stick in fat32 and no change. still stuck on "Starting application at 0x00362000 ..."

I noticed that the read/write light on any usb card I use never lights up when in the scope.
I tried the same process without a usb stick inserted and the same thing happens.
Is the scope just not reading any of my usb memory cards? 

Any troubleshooting ideas?
Thanks guys!

Edit: I have solved my problem and will update here with the procedure soon. A dsox2014 has been saved from the bins!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 01:41:59 am by salvagedcircuitry »
SalvagedCircuitry
www.salvagedcircuitry.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf