Author Topic: DSOX2000 and 3000 series - licence , have anyone tried to hack that scope ?  (Read 1119309 times)

Offline girardi

Also need a FW 2.35 for the 2000-X series scopes....
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 01:16:43 pm by girardi »

Offline 77Ribetts

Well i would like to say a massive thanks to everyone who filled this thread in particular titiris for his unbricking howto. ive done hardly anything but read this thread for 10 days 8 hrs a day it was mostly giberish to me at first
 All i wanted was a nice  A---B howto i could blindly follow.
 But slowly things began to click the mist began to clear and at last today 
 I UNBRICKED my teabay dsox2002a  :phew: so yeh thanks again to all you gods and demigods of the great repar

Offline maxIT

Hi,
I have a DSOX3034A oscilloscope. Has anyone tried to hack?
Thanks in advance

Offline 77Ribetts

Also need a FW 2.35 for the 2000-X series scopes....

Hi what you seek is in the thread somewere

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
New Firmware for the 4000X scopes has been released (maybe for other scopes as well)

Release date: 2023-04-17    
Version: 7.57.20230401

Bug Fixes
This software revision includes the following Bug fixes:
- Corrected change in measurement value and probe attenuation for auto-attenuation
probes when an acquisition is stopped. Applies to:
o N7026A
o DP0010A, DP0011A, DP0012A, DP0013A
o PP0004A with PP0001A, PP0002A, PP0003A
- For analog channels, a 50Ω impedance setting is no longer persisted when the scope
power is cycled.
- Fixed FFT Analysis power measurements failing to start when installed using SCPI
commands. Applies to:
o :MEASure:FFT:ACPR
o :MEASure:FFT:CPOWer
o :MEASure:FFT:OBW
o :MEASure:FFT:THD

The install went smooth on my 4000X scope.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: Pinkus

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
New Firmware for the 4000X scopes has been released (maybe for other scopes as well)

Bug Fixes
- Corrected change in measurement value and probe attenuation for auto-attenuation
o N7026A
- For analog channels, a 50Ω impedance setting is no longer persisted when the scope
power is cycled.
- Fixed FFT Analysis power measurements failing to start when installed using SCPI
commands. Applies to:

Was all good when I installed it on my 3000t last month.
VE7FM

Offline Hexley

• Regular Contributor

Bug Fixes
o N7026A
power is cycled.
commands. Applies to:

Sending the Bat Signal to @PhillyFlyers...just in case retirement is boring for him.  >:D

Offline paw944

Hi all! I have this boy: DSO-X 3034T
FW 04.08.2016071801
Installed License MEMUP, SGM, ADVMATH, RML
Can someone explane, how to unlock other tools?
Thx alot!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 08:17:02 am by paw944 »

Offline offrds2

Would anybody be so kind as to send me a working link to the PhillyFlyers patched FW 2.65 for the 2000-X series scopes? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Finally got my scope back DSOX3014A it had the dreaded NAND flash corruption. Keysight replaced the core under an extended warranty, what a relief.

Offline Thuyvv

Hi Tirris, I can not get nk.bin file as your instructions, I try many methods but not success (the first method: I doubled click mouse to run file bincompress. The second method: I opened CMD and ran MyLocalDisk:\yourfolder>bincompress /d nk.bin.comp nk.bin)
please give me more detail step or give me the final file nk.nb0, many thanks!

Offline offrds2

Would anybody be so kind as to send me a working link to the PhillyFlyers patched FW 2.65 for the dsox3014A 3000-X series scopes? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline grizlikoff

The following users thanked this post: Oldsirhippy, OH2LIY, james_a_craig, k176la7, xlslope

Offline offrds2

I got my scope back from Keysight, had the dreaded NAND corruption. They repaired it under a some extended service warranty. When it came back I saw I still could activate the 30 Trial for all the software. I thought I could try the software some time in the future when I had more time, then it hit me "I have a time machine". I  don't know how or when the scopes time got changed and I should have checked it before I activated the trial but it was set to 6/7/2050. The trials are for 30 days from the date activated so mine expires 7/6/2050 . I am trying out the Serial decode functions now, and in 30 days I will set the time to the correct date . Only time will tell if when I set the clock to the correct date what will happen.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 11:55:39 pm by offrds2 »

Offline k176la7

yes firmware the same. in link working firmware with infinivision.nk 149 bytes long

Offline mindThomas

• Contributor
Today after unpacking my MSO-X 3034A, which has been stored away for a few years due, the scope is not turning on. It gave a little bleep the first time but independent of how many times I turn it on, only the REF and MATH LEDs will come on.
I found this post after searching for help online and have been trying to do some troubleshooting myself including disassembling the unit to check voltages and connect to the debug serial port.
  • The power supply appears fine. No visible damage and the output voltage is correct (13V).
  • All supply voltages on the main board including the backup battery, are correct. Except for the 23V backlight which I'm assuming is normal since the backlight is not turned on until later in the boot process.
  • Data can only be properly deserialized at 115200 baud when the front panel (buttons/knobs) are disconnected.
  • The boot process fails with "****** Data record 38 corrupted, ABORT!!! ******" (see the full log below)

This is the full U-boot log:
Code: [Select]
U-Boot 2010.03 (Oct 18 2011 - 14:28:06)Agilent P500

CPU:   SPEAr600
DRAM:  128 MiB
Flash: 512 KiB
NAND:  fsmc-ecc1 128 MiB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
SerNum:serial number not programmed
Chip:  BD Board Rev: 4
Net:   smsc
Press space to stop autoboot:  0
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at f8050000 ...
   Image Name:   PBOOT
   Created:      2011-08-24  22:35:34 UTC
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
   Data Size:    36045 Bytes = 35.2 KiB
   Load Address: 00000000
   Entry Point:  00000000
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

Starting kernel ...

Debug serial initialized ........OK

Microsoft Windows CE Bootloader Common Library Version 1.4 Built Aug 24 2011 15:15:48
Microsoft Windows CE 6.0 Ethernet Bootloader for the Agilent P500 board
Adaptation performed by Agilent Technologies (c) 2008

System ready!
Preparing for download...
 Loading image 1 from memory at 0xD0600000
O
BL_IMAGE_TYPE_BIN

X
XXXXXOOOOXXOOOOOOOOXOXOOOOOOOOXOOXOXOOOOXXOOOOOOOOOXOOOOXOXXOXOXXOOOXOXXXXXOOXXXOOOOOOXOOXXXOXXOOOXIncorrect Data 3 EccResult: 3f3fc EccError: 3cc303 EccRead: 3f30ff
 EBOOT_ReadFlash failed offset 82fea9
 EBOOT_ReadFlash failed location d0834000
ODeCompressFlash: CeCompressDecode() failed
 CeDecompressFlashBlock failed
****** Data record 38 corrupted, ABORT!!! ******

Completed file(s):
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0]: Address=0x80361000  Length=0x13064D4  Name="" Target=RAM
 Loading image 1 failed, trying next one
 Loading image 2 from memory at 0xD1600000

BL_IMAGE_TYPE_UNKNOWN

Loading image 2 failed, trying next one
 All images failed

Press r to reset

I do not have the DSOXLAN module.
What are my options to recover this scope? And why did it happen in the first place out of nowhere?
I have never updated the scope so I would believe that the scope is on 2.35 or earlier.

Is it possible to recover this scope without the DSOXLAN module?
Or should I send it in for repair at Keysight?

Best regards
Thomas Jespersen

Offline mindThomas

• Contributor
yes you can recover it via the serial port on the board. explained here
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dsox2000-and-3000-series-licence-have-anyone-tried-to-hack-that-scope/msg2136181/?topicseen#msg2136181

and here
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/agilent-dsox3054a-not-booting-possible-nand-corruption-help!/msg3451418/#msg3451418

You are completely right. After writing my post I also kept digging through this lengthy topic and I did indeed find @titiris great writeup
By following his steps I managed to recover the scope to working conditions on V2.35, although I have yet to update it to the patched firmware.

Should I go for 2.60 or 2.65? And now with a working unit, would I need the Serial port or the LAN option to upgrade? Or should I just proceed with the patched update as if it was a regular firmware update?
Is it possible to downgrade the firmware the same way? Have anyone tried this, e.g. going from 2.60 to 2.35?

Offline arlvaljr

• Contributor
Do you still have a copy of firmware for MSOX 3000T or DSOX 3000T Version 7.56.2022120226?
Would you mind to provide me a copy of this firmware if you still have it?
I keep all firmware revision copies in my computer and I lost this version before the Version 7.57 release was done.
Thanks in advance!

Offline albertr

• Regular Contributor

Bug Fixes
o N7026A
power is cycled.
commands. Applies to:

Sending the Bat Signal to @PhillyFlyers...just in case retirement is boring for him.  >:D

I think someone knowledgable in these firmwares (unfortunately I am not good in it, unless someone can explain it to me) needs to pick up the baton dropped by the fallen camrade @PhillyFlyers and continue the great service to this community.

-albertr

Offline Boppeldibop

Do you still have a copy of firmware for MSOX 3000T or DSOX 3000T Version 7.56.2022120226?
Would you mind to provide me a copy of this firmware if you still have it?
I keep all firmware revision copies in my computer and I lost this version before the Version 7.57 release was done.
Thanks in advance!
=> PM

Offline MNSerg

Good day! I wanted to ask if you have a patched firmware of any version for the Keysight 4000X oscilloscope? I've read the whole topic, but the firmware files are no longer available there and I can't find them. I really ask for help. :-// |O
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 03:06:24 am by MNSerg »

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
I am wondering if Keysight will come up with a new scope when DSOX2000 and DSOX3000 was released back in 2011.

24. 2. 2011
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline 晓看风云

• Contributor
Hello, I'm looking for a copy of PhillyFlyers patched 2.65 firmware for the DSOX2002A. Could you please send a copy to my email 328131661@qq.com Or PM. if anyone could PM me the link I'd appreciate it :-+

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
A search turned up nothing on this.

Has anyone determined if the 3000G firmware is that same as the 3000T, albeit for naming?  As anyone imperiled their G yet to try "upgrading"

Online J-R

• Frequent Contributor
A search turned up nothing on this.

Has anyone determined if the 3000G firmware is that same as the 3000T, albeit for naming?  As anyone imperiled their G yet to try "upgrading"
Well, the official firmware from Keysight has the same version number for both and the files appear identical, so it seems likely.  However, the last liberated 3000T firmware was version 7.40 and the current Keysight release is 7.57, so you might be missing out on some things.  It's also possible they silently blocked the patch in one of the updates.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf