Author Topic: Elenco GF-8026 Signal Generator repair  (Read 1437 times)

Offline WolfmanTechTopic starter

• Contributor
Elenco GF-8026 Signal Generator repair
« on: November 27, 2016, 05:13:58 am »
Another day, another repair post. I picked up my Elenco GF-8026 as part of a load of old computers and test equipment while volunteering in the computer lab of my local mission. Unfortunately, that is also where it picked up some of its damage, as the way the trucks were unloaded was by tossing things into old wooden apple-bins without much care. Granted, most Items were old and/or faulty and thus destined for recycling, but it was still wasteful. So, the top half of the casing was shattered by something heavy landing on it, which also cracked the board and snapped three of the ganged Alps selection switches on the front. I only recovered the broken-off ends to two switches, and I either discarded the top cover as too far gone or lost it, don't remember. Still have the handle though! I managed to repair the cracking damage to the board (as you can see in the pics), but I have yet to buy replacement switch(es) from Alps due to lack of funds. It had a sticker saying the square-wave was non-functional and showed signs of having been repaired in that area before, but I think I'll wait on that until I get the switches and case repaired/replaced.
So, this will mostly be a place-holder of my current point in this project until I make some money. That said, anyone have a spare top case half or have an idea how difficult it would be to fabricate one?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:56:45 am by WolfmanTech »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf