Author Topic: Extech 410 multimeter auto-off question  (Read 1088 times)

Offline jimdeaneTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Extech 410 multimeter auto-off question
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:19:01 pm »
I bought an Extech 410 multimeter for my physics lab -- intended to be the "nicer" meter I use for demos and other measurements.

Right now I'm monitoring a supply voltage, and the damned thing auto-offs itself every 10 minutes. Can't press a button to turn it back on, or even jiggle the handle. You have to go all the way back to "off" and then back to your reading position.

I read the manual and emailed them, it's just "the way it is".

Anyone know of a way to either stop the auto-off, temporarily stop it, or make it so i can hit a button or use a magnet and a reed switch to reset/keep it on?

Offline StevokeanoPleaseApprove

• !
Re: Extech 410 multimeter auto-off question
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 06:03:15 pm »
Ever find a work around?

Offline mwb1100

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Extech 410 multimeter auto-off question
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 10:41:47 am »
Most meters that support disabling auto power off do so by holding down one of the buttons suchas select/func or hold while turning the meter on.  I doubt that will work for the EX410 since the manual doesn't mention it, but it's easy enough to try.

Your alternative to is to get a meter that supports disabling APO.  One cheap option is the Aneng 8001 which runs for less than $20 on Aliexpress.  Or maybe something like this cheapie: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09M8641Y7  ($10 on Amazon at the moment) which allows APO to be disabled.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf