Author Topic: Finally! Hantek HDM3065 6.5 Digit DMM  (Read 22184 times)

Offline ResistorRobTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Finally! Hantek HDM3065 6.5 Digit DMM
« on: December 29, 2020, 02:48:00 pm »
Member "square circuit" posted on this forum back in July 8th 2019 that this meter was on the horizon. I have been checking every 2 or 3 months since then to see if this meter had dropped yet. Finally my wait is over! (I know where I'm spending my stimulus check, lol)

The 5.5 digit starts at $400 and the 6.5 digit version starts at $570.

They shied away from the total rip off of the look Keysight, and made it black so now it's only a 85% rip off of the design. If I had a black oscilloscope I might welcome that so it matched, but I'm planning on buying a Siglent so would have preferred the original color they planned to go with.

Probably one of the cheapest options to get a histogram multimeter.

Hope this helps someone who can't afford the A brands and wants something better than the really low end Chinese junk. Specs seem impressive for the price. Unlike the Tonghui TH1953 I bet the histogram feature actually works. I'm hoping someone does a review on this meter soon!
For my 10th Birthday I got a Fisher Price oscilloscope!

The following users thanked this post: Marco Camara, 571532474@qq.com

• Regular Contributor
Re: Finally! Hantek HDM3065 6.5 Digit DMM
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 02:53:18 pm »
Here is a link to Hantek product info:http://www.hantek.com/products/detail/16176

Here is a link to Aliexpress listing: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001824429303.html
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:55:20 pm by ResistorRob »

The following users thanked this post: Marco Camara

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 03:12:21 pm »
At the 1st picture at the AE shop, the words "Fast Aging" , what does that mean ?  :-//

Transparently and publicly stated its design with planned obsolescence ?  :-DD

...j/k... probably means the voltage reference, really curious what they use for 6.5 one.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 03:23:49 pm »
Seriously  they should check what they write in their publicity .....  plain stupid,  they age the reference in it by letting it powered on until it sell   loll

Now they go in black too

The new keysight 3458a   will be black ???   and now the others brand will trend this way ?

A pale blue over black is baaaaad

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 03:36:15 pm »
At the 1st picture at the AE shop, the words "Fast Aging" , what does that mean ?  :-//

Transparently and publicly stated its design with planned obsolescence ?  :-DD

...j/k... probably means the voltage reference, really curious what they use for 6.5 one.

Too Funny!

I'm pretty good at translating Chinglesh. No offense to my Chinese friends!
I think that "Fast Aging" is probably "Fast Updating"

This meter takes 30,000 reading per second, and 10,000 per second when in logging mode.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 03:43:46 pm »
Seriously  they should check what they write in their publicity .....  plain stupid,  they age the reference in it by letting it powered on until it sell   loll

Now they go in black too

The new keysight 3458a   will be black ???   and now the others brand will trend this way ?

A pale blue over black is baaaaad

That publicity is from an independent seller and not from Hantek.
I kind of like the black trend, except I like everything to match so I hate that it will cause my bench to be a mix of colors.
I agree the light blue display looks terrible against the black. I frequently modify my meters to have a different color background so I will probably do the same for this one.

For anyone confused about the models I think the "B" version adds LAN, and the "H" version adds LAN and GPIB

Offline wizard69

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 04:52:16 pm »
Here is a link to Hantek product info:http://www.hantek.com/products/detail/16176

Here is a link to Aliexpress listing: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001824429303.html

Thanks for the link Bob!   Sadly they don't have a manual available yet to download (or I couldn't find one).   The unit does look impressive but they also need to update the spec sheet.   For example they list thermocouples for temperature sensing in one place but then offer no info on that ability.    It would also be very interesting to know what that arbitrary sensor function is, I'm assuming you can apply a simple slope function to the input.

As for appearance - looks good to me.    Of course that means nothing if the meter has objectionable quirks, so yeah hopefully that testing will be done soon.   Maybe this turns out good enough that Dave can offer the meter as a high end option for the EEVBLOG.   Of course that would mean blue rubber 😅.

By the way the one thing that constantly pisses me off about these bench meters is the low CAT ratings they all have!!!!!    I regularly pull meters off the shelf to calibrate or diagnose issues on tools in the plant.   Generally the controls stuff is well separated from the high voltage stuff but weird things have happened in industry.   Often I go this route not so much for the extraordinary accuracy of a meter like this, but rather for the convenience over a handheld meter or functionality not had in a handheld.

The following users thanked this post: ebclr

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 02:51:20 pm »
It looks really cool and, if I had enough disposable income, I would definitely pull the trigger on one just to probe its performance. However, I would be very wary trusting it with accurate measurements without a clear calibration manual and heaps of tests. Hantek is famous for cutting corners, lacking in software and support in the long run.

At this level it becomes a lot about trust itself, otherwise I would simply take one of the other high count meters such as the 60k count U1282A or the 50k/500k count Brymens.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 02:54:06 pm by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 02:55:58 pm »
Sadly they don't have a manual available yet to download (or I couldn't find one).

The AliExpress seller has said they will send me a copy of the manual, but it is only available in Chinese.
I'm interested in knowing more about the differences between HDM3055 and HDM3065 other than resolution.

Offline Tjuurko

• Regular Contributor
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 03:31:40 pm by Tjuurko »

Online bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 03:33:53 pm »
Hope this helps someone who can't afford the A brands and wants something better than the really low end Chinese junk. Specs seem impressive for the price.

On the product info page it lists the basic accuracy as 75ppm, but down in the specs section it lists some better specs.  Those specs looked familiar--the DCV specs listed are exactly the same as the HP 34401A--and I mean every number. 

:popcorn:
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

Offline wizard69

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 03:43:37 pm »
Further evidence that caution is needed dealing with Hantek.   Imagine a US based company, playing on the international stage, that debuts a new model without manuals in a number of languages.   Beyond that you can't even find the Chinese manuals on their web site.     It just looks like the device was put up for sale before it was ready.

Personally I'm not too sure I would worry about this meter in the next 6 months.    If Hantek can't demonstrate better support in that time, the meters "cheap" price is looking to be a bit expensive.

Dave

Sadly they don't have a manual available yet to download (or I couldn't find one).
Chinese:
SCPI
http://hantek.com.cn/uploadpic/hantek/files/20201217/HDM3000_SCPI%C2%A0%E7%BC%96%E7%A8%8B%E5%8F%82%E8%80%83_Ver%C2%A01.0120201217113351.pdf

User Guide
http://hantek.com.cn/uploadpic/hantek/files/20201217/HDM3000_UserGuide_CN_Ver%C2%A01.0120201217113400.pdf

The following users thanked this post: croma641

Offline ArsenioDev

• Regular Contributor
    • DiscountMissiles: my portfolio and landing page
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 03:44:37 pm »
Wait a second, this looks EXACTLY like the Siglent SDM3065X DMM but in black? I think I'd go with the Siglent model over the Hantek just for the color matching with the rest of my test rack equipment.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2020, 03:48:43 pm »
I see only renders, not any real photos, even on aliexpress. Anyway, before even considering, I'd like to see a teardown.

The following users thanked this post: TurboTom, Jacon

Offline diodak

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2021, 08:06:53 am »
Some practical information about the HDM3055 (5.5 digit version) here.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:09:14 am by diodak »

The following users thanked this post: Kean

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2021, 10:30:20 am »
           ???

The following users thanked this post: Marco Camara, BigBeard

Offline diodak

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2021, 08:07:09 am »
Video described as for 6.5 digit HDM3065 but HDM3055 is used. I have the impression that the HDM3065 version is not yet in production.

Offline Marco Camara

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 11:55:52 am »
I've finally bought this multimeter (HDM3065B). I'm planning to make a unboxing video with a short review as soon as I receive it. Unfortunately, I couldn't find ANY review of this equipment on YouTube.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, TheBay, CDN_Torsten

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2021, 12:04:36 pm »
Looks like a 1:1 copy of the Keysight design, buttons, display, even the menu colours are pretty much a rip-off.
It's like cars nowadays, they all look the same and copy each other.

I mean ok, there's only so many ways to put buttons on a 1/2-size 19" rack, but sometimes I wonder if they would be more successful if they didn't just copy-paste-engineered.

The following users thanked this post: tooki, jusaca

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2021, 12:48:29 pm »
I've finally bought this multimeter (HDM3065B). I'm planning to make a unboxing video with a short review as soon as I receive it. Unfortunately, I couldn't find ANY review of this equipment on YouTube.
Marco, congratulations on your purchase. Now there's some serious money put on this model: I can't find it for less than US$750.00.

I look forward for your review.

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: splin, Marco Camara

Online Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2021, 02:19:24 pm »
I recall some teardown pictures of an HDM3055, as per Diodak's Post above.  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dmm-hdm3055b-(5-5-digit)/

The HDM3055 front end appered to be built towards a lower cost than its price would suggest, compared with the Siglent and Rigol for the same price range. I'm curious to see what may have been improved or redesigned with the newer HDM3065B.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 02:39:14 pm by Algoma »

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2021, 02:49:50 pm »
I guess they improved their information lately: I see a number of specifications from 24h to 2 years and the user's manual has a calibration procedure.

http://www.hantek.com/products/detail/16176

It is a good looking DMM.

The following users thanked this post: CDN_Torsten, Marco Camara

Offline Marco Camara

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2021, 04:16:34 pm »
Yes, it looks better. As a early adopter, I’m a little worried, but I hope that everything will be ok.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline diodak

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2021, 06:04:12 pm »
Everything indicates that the part with the display / buttons in both versions will be the same. (There is a DM55 / 65 marking on the PCB). The most important thing is how they made the analog part - input dividers, reference voltage and the issue of protection.
In my opinion, for the 5.5 digit version, the input divider should not be composed of 1M / 1206 resistors. As it was written, the input part of the HDM3055B is much cheaper than the Rigol / Siglent version. I am very curious what it looks like in the 6.5 digit version. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 06:10:17 pm by diodak »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2021, 05:13:50 am »
Marco, congratulations on your purchase. Now there's some serious money put on this model: I can't find it for less than US$750.00.

I look forward for your review.

I regret not buying it sooner. Unfortunately the past year of my life has been a nightmare, and almost became homeless so couldn't afford a new meter. haha. Maybe by some miracle they will fix the supply chain crisis and prices will go back down by the time I have some discretionary spending again! Keithley is my dream meter, but until then I would love this one. I'm just a hobbyist and I'm thankful for whatever I have even if someone else thinks it's Chinese junk. I actually love my current desktop meter, but this would be an amazing step up with the histogram and other more advanced features.

I agree with you at $750 it's not the bargain it once was. I'm also looking forward to a review, since I have been insanely interested in this meter for a long time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf