Author Topic: Fluke 8502A - Ohms Converter and Cal Memory help wanted  (Read 3183 times)

Offline mamalalaTopic starter

• Supporter
Fluke 8502A - Ohms Converter and Cal Memory help wanted
« on: February 01, 2013, 06:28:51 pm »
Hello all,

i just got a Fluke 8502A bench multimeter. It has the current shunt, ohms converter, AC RMS and IEEE options installed. However, the Ohms Converter options is faulty.

During power on it is not detected at all. Once the instrument finished the startup sequence, the ohms converter module starts to emit a rather high pitched, constant noise. Also, after a while it becomes rather hot. I already checked all the supply voltages and they are nicely in spec according to the manual, and look pretty clean on the scope.

There is something strange about the module that i have. In the manual it is given as MIS-4110. However, the actual PCB has MIS-3110 etched on the backside, also etched there is "Rev S_", while on the front there is "Rev R" handwritten on it.

Does anybody here have an idea where i could start too look for a fault in the module? As said, all the other functions/options work nice (didn't test the IEEE option yet due to lack of hardware for that). How is the module detected during startup? If someone has an ohm converter module that needs a new home, let me know.

Also, somehow the manual is missing the section for the Cal Memory option completely. While it is mentioned in the index of section 6 of the manual that it's description supposedly starts at page 604-1, it is completely missing. After 603-1 it continues with 605-1. I would be interested in a schematic for that to see if i may be able to build one myself.

Thanks and greetings,

Chris

Offline whitevamp

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fluke 8502A - Ohms Converter and Cal Memory help wanted
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 06:55:31 am »
I know this is a way old post but was wondering if you still needed the Cal Memory diagram? if so i can post it for you.
Im having a different issue with my ohms card mine its just way the heck out by a lot. 1k  resistor shows 1150 and was checked with a diff meter. to show 999.
and mine is making a noise as well.  |O

Offline retroware

• Contributor
Re: Fluke 8502A - Ohms Converter and Cal Memory help wanted
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 04:03:37 pm »
I'd be interested in the cal memory schematic. I plugged my cal memory into a powered on 8502a which made it very unhappy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf