Author Topic: Hacking the DSO2X1X  (Read 141518 times)

Offline ZXSP3C

• Contributor
Re: Hacking the DSO2X1X
« Reply #475 on: October 20, 2022, 10:38:06 pm »
3205 is just a week old. Apparently it fixes rhe decoder (UART decoding and possiblyothers didn't work on 3204).
In any case of having issues, 3202 is a safe bet.

Only a week, no wonder I can't find anything yet then!  :palm:

I downloaded 3202 and 3205  ;)

What about sending me your backup so I can make a software update with 2022.10.02? ;-)

Of course, you will want the FULL... attach it here or prefer I send it?

Still, this is the hacking thread, for support please use the main thread instead!

Yes, I asked as it popped into my head while typing my last reply... will keep an eye on the other thread to see peoples thoughts and opinions.  :popcorn:

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #476 on: October 21, 2022, 12:08:26 am »
Yeah I need the FULL, that's the one containing the software.
Better upload it to anonfiles and send me a PM!
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline ZXSP3C

• Contributor
« Reply #477 on: October 21, 2022, 12:20:07 am »
Yeah I need the FULL, that's the one containing the software.
Better upload it to anonfiles and send me a PM!

PM Sent...  :-+

Offline vzayka

« Reply #478 on: October 21, 2022, 06:07:22 am »
What about sending me your backup so I can make a software update with 2022.10.02? ;-)
I think, its 2022.02.10

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #479 on: October 21, 2022, 08:56:17 am »
Yep it was 22.02.10  ;)
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline ZXSP3C

• Contributor
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2022, 04:25:01 pm »
Tried to do the 2D15 Conversion, but get an Error...  :wtf:

What am I doing wrong?  :palm:

Offline ZXSP3C

• Contributor
« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2022, 05:12:02 pm »
OK, I've no idea why, but... deleting and transfering the file to the root of the usb drive again worked!  8)

Just wanna say Thank you to @DavidAlfa and everyone else that has spent their time and effort working all this out!  :-+
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 05:15:08 pm by ZXSP3C »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #482 on: October 21, 2022, 05:21:28 pm »
Perhabs you copied the file and removed the USB drive too fast?
Better to always use the safe removal method.

Does the generator amplitude match the settings?
Allow about 100mv error, this isn't a high precision generator, but if you get ex. 4V when setting 3V, or an excessive offset, then try the calibration tool.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 05:26:39 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: ZXSP3C

Offline ZXSP3C

• Contributor
« Reply #483 on: October 21, 2022, 05:36:24 pm »
Perhabs you copied the file and removed the USB drive too fast?
Better to always use the safe removal method.

I always eject usb before removing... probably just a glitch in the matrix!  :-\

Does the generator amplitude match the settings?
Allow about 100mv error, this isn't a high precision generator, but if you get ex. 4V when setting 3V, or an excessive offset, then try the calibration tool.

I've been hunting for a bnc patch lead to test... can never find anything when you actually want it!  ::) |O

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #484 on: October 21, 2022, 06:09:05 pm »
For testing the amplitude you're ok with 1KHz, so just touch the bnc core with the probe tip and attach the alligator clip to the ring? Not nasa science  :-//  ;)

Offline ZXSP3C

• Contributor
« Reply #485 on: October 21, 2022, 06:56:31 pm »
For testing the amplitude you're ok with 1KHz, so just touch the bnc core with the probe tip and attach the alligator clip to the ring? Not nasa science  :-//  ;)

I'm still reading and learning how to use a scope!  :-[

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to scopes basically... You want a 55ft long articulated HGV (Lorry) reversing up your 10ft wide drive way without wrecking your garden walls or destroying your garage, house... I can do that!  <---- voodoo to alot of people ... although driving a car forward seems to confuse some people!!  :palm:

Check the pics, want me to do something more specific... let me know!  :-+

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #486 on: October 21, 2022, 07:24:12 pm »
Looks good to me! :-+

The following users thanked this post: ZXSP3C

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #487 on: October 26, 2022, 01:57:19 am »
Dear all,
I'm new mem here, just going to order DSO2C10 but wonder if new mainboard revision has AWG hardware or lacking ?

Thanks !  :)

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #488 on: October 26, 2022, 03:57:07 am »
I would avoid purchasing this for now.  Did you read this (and other) thread(S) on these scopes?  Despite having wonderful specifications for their price, they are not good.  They seem to deliver more "grief" than "great".  When I first saw their specifications and price I was excited, but that soon passd after reading the experiences of the poor people that bought these sad pieces of junk.  Save about 50% more and get a Siglent or Rigol scope.

Hantek make fairly decent USB scopes for the price, but they missed the mark so far on their stand-alone scopes.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

The following users thanked this post: nokin

Offline phmarek

• Contributor
« Reply #489 on: October 26, 2022, 03:12:51 pm »
Hi people,

if you're not happy with the long delays when writing data to an USB stick, or sending via USB SCPI, I've got a script for your PC and a firmware patch for you: https://github.com/phmarek/hantek-dso2000-quick-fetch
Instead of waiting 5 minutes to get a 2*4 MSamples download, on my notebook it completes in ~15 secs.

It requires the USB console to be activated (see DavidAlfa's patch directories, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B5mgsuO5OvIwT3gi_5n9HC6r_BxRoCuF); to install, put a shared object (pre-build in the releases part of github) into the DSO's /root and a small change (to LD_PRELOAD that) to /dso/app/app, and run a (Perl) script on the PC side.
Currently it only exports CSV files - but if you have any other wishes, I can also add an signed 8 or 16bit binary dump etc.

I only tested on Linux.

There's no upk file (yet); when I've got a bit more feedback (and perhaps did some more changes) I'll create one, but I guess David will overtake me anyway ;)

Good luck!

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix, morgan_flint, DavidAlfa

Offline dirtmover

• Contributor
« Reply #490 on: October 26, 2022, 06:28:50 pm »
I would avoid purchasing this for now.  Did you read this (and other) thread(S) on these scopes?  Despite having wonderful specifications for their price, they are not good.  They seem to deliver more "grief" than "great".  When I first saw their specifications and price I was excited, but that soon passd after reading the experiences of the poor people that bought these sad pieces of junk.  Save about 50% more and get a Siglent or Rigol scope.

Hantek make fairly decent USB scopes for the price, but they missed the mark so far on their stand-alone scopes.

Not sure if you own one of these or are just basing your assertions on what others are saying?

Now, as an actual owner, my experience is once you account for the lack of support, shitty SW, noise issues, poor triggering, memory depth limitations, measurement limitations, barely functioning protocol decoding, a whole bunch of frustration etc etc it's still a reasonably functional and useful piece of test equipment for occasional hobby use. For the all in price of CA$264 that I paid for my 2C10 -> "2D15" I believe it's a pretty solid deal. Even the current price of CA$300 to your door is fair but to be clear I wouldn't be shelling out over CA$400 for the 2D15 as the awg just isn't worth the upgrade price.

Sure, if your budget is up there and/or you have a more serious use case then the DS1102Z-E has got to be a contender. Of course once you're up in that price range, why not just spring for a DS1054Z to get an additional 2 channels! See where I'm going here? Next stop $3k on a TEK :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 01:30:08 pm by dirtmover »

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #491 on: October 27, 2022, 04:33:04 pm »
Not sure if you own one of these or are just basing your assertions on what others are saying?
A bit of both.  I had one for about 2 days and then retuned it to Amazon.  I ran into a load of the issues mentioned in these forums right out of the gate.  While I admit my actual experience is (very) limited, it was not a great experience.  Instead I bought the Siglent SDS1104X-E and while it is not without some small issues, they are very small indeed.  Plus their support it 2nd to none.  Sure it was nearly twice the price and lacks the AWG, but it is more than twice the scope.  For an AWG I also got a Siglent SDG1032X.  So yes, I ended up spending 3.5 times the price of the Hantek, but I have much more capability, flexibility and quality and I spend my time using the equipment rather than just trying to keep it going. :-DD
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline Geektronix

« Reply #492 on: December 28, 2022, 04:54:31 am »
For the all in price of CA$264 that I paid for my 2C10 -> "2D15" I believe it's a pretty solid deal. Even the current price of CA$300 to your door is fair

As a fellow Canadian who's looking for a cheap hobby scope, I'm curious where you purchased one for $264 and where they're currently available for $300?

Offline phmarek

• Contributor
« Reply #493 on: December 31, 2022, 09:17:20 am »
I can see some on Aliexpress: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005001869976988.html is the 2D15, for example.

Offline dirtmover

• Contributor
« Reply #494 on: January 02, 2023, 08:50:13 pm »
For the all in price of CA$264 that I paid for my 2C10 -> "2D15" I believe it's a pretty solid deal. Even the current price of CA$300 to your door is fair

As a fellow Canadian who's looking for a cheap hobby scope, I'm curious where you purchased one for $264 and where they're currently available for $300?

I got mine from Banggood but I notice they've gone up to around $350 in the last few weeks.
Next best would be Aliexpress as @phmarek noted. 

If you're not used to using AE, I normally search for the item then sort by orders. This will yield the sellers that have the highest number of sales and will in turn give you the best selection of reviews and best chance of success.
this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001632872336.html for $266.80 free shipping
or this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001940591637.html for $266.10 + $24.76 shipping

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #495 on: January 03, 2023, 09:03:17 am »
Cannot belive you paid $350 for this scope.
I got mine only $125 with shipping included. Bought directly from taobao. Of course brand new in sealed box.

Offline uski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #496 on: January 05, 2023, 08:14:51 am »
Taobao is a gift but mostly only applicable to people living in China

I ordered from here personally: https://www.banggood.com/en/Hantek-DSO2C10-Digital-Oscilloscope-2CH-Digital-Storage-1GS-or-s-Sampling-Rate-100MHz-Bandwidth-Dual-Channel-Economical-Oscilloscope-p-1765866.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

Currently listed at $209 + reasonable shipping. Got mine for $190 shipped a few months back.

Offline dirtmover

• Contributor
« Reply #497 on: January 07, 2023, 12:35:59 am »
Cannot belive you paid $350 for this scope.
I got mine only $125 with shipping included. Bought directly from taobao. Of course brand new in sealed box.

Good for you. I guess we all have different benefits associated with where we live.

Offline jovan_kineas

• Contributor
« Reply #498 on: January 27, 2023, 06:35:23 pm »
Hello, today I have noticed that the firmware has not been updated since November 2022, my DSO2D10 has that version, so my question is: can I do this Hack without problems having that update?

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #499 on: January 27, 2023, 07:35:36 pm »
What hack?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf