Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 858566 times)

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #750 on: December 25, 2014, 04:18:21 pm »
Many thanks to all for the amount of hardwork that's been put into this!

I have a working system on both Xp and win-7 using the supplied Hantek code/drivers.

I have the 6022BL version which supports the logic analyser as well.

If I run the Richards s/w the code doesn't see the device. Demo version is great for exploring the new functionality.

Now there is a button on the BL version that the documentation is not clear about it:

Button: press the button down to run hantek6022BE software.

and in the BL section:

Button: press the button down to run hantek6022BL software.

Any idea what this button is for?

To use the BL with Open6022BE you need to use the HTMarch.dll that came with your scope, NOT the 6022BE version.

Offline Mark_O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #751 on: December 25, 2014, 09:49:03 pm »
Now there is a button on the BL version that the documentation is not clear about it:

Button: press the button down to run hantek6022BE software.

and in the BL section:

Button: press the button down to run hantek6022BL software.

Any idea what this button is for?

It's to switch between LA mode and DSO mode.  And, well, they can't both be Down (one will be Up).  But one position lets you run the scope, and the other the logic analyzer. 

They can't both be active at the same time (unfortunately).  It's really 1 box with 2 separate devices in it, sharing a common USB linkage.

Offline Will_D

« Reply #752 on: December 26, 2014, 01:46:58 pm »
To use the BL with Open6022BE you need to use the HTMarch.dll that came with your scope, NOT the 6022BE version.
Thanks Richard, How to I get it to use that driver?

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #753 on: December 26, 2014, 02:53:55 pm »
If you installed the 6022BL driver on your system, all you need to get Open6022BE working is to run it in a directory that contains the 6022BL HTMarch.dll and it should work, as long as the 6022BL is configured as the Oscilloscope not the Logic Analyzer.

Offline Seekonk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #754 on: December 26, 2014, 05:46:26 pm »
I have just ordered a6022be and started reading the open manual.  I noticed there is an Automotive section to be done by mrphill, yet he hasn't posted since September.  Is the automotive section still an active project?

My intended use for this scope is on a SUN Distributor machine.  These were made in the 40-60's and there are quite a few of them around still being used by race mechanics.  These spin a distributor and a flash tube strobe illuminates the degrees at which the points fire.  A google search of SUN Distributor machine will come up with rebuilt machines (several thousand $) and replacement parts.  I have not found any updated  electronics for these machines other than converter to electronic points.  These machines have a once per rev and point signal.  Jitter and timing that are acceptable for everyday vehicles are not acceptable for racing.  The hope is that this scope will provide some more useful data than just a spinning disk and that some software changes can make it mechanic friendly.  If not It will go to my camp doing low frequency converter development.

Offline Will_D

« Reply #755 on: December 26, 2014, 06:30:34 pm »
Again Many Thanks.

Yes, I just copied the two drivers from the 6022BL directory into the Realeas directory and its working!

I also notice in the SDK library that they have a Visual Basic project but its based on VB6 which is not that compatible with the more modern releases of Visual Studio!

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #756 on: December 26, 2014, 06:49:28 pm »
I have just ordered a6022be and started reading the open manual.  I noticed there is an Automotive section to be done by mrphill, yet he hasn't posted since September.  Is the automotive section still an active project?

mrphil does training and said he would provide copies of his notes when he used the 6022BE in the class. I just prepared that section as a reminder to myself at the time. I hope he is still around and that he finds the time this coming year.
Regards
Matchless

Offline olrowdy01

« Reply #757 on: December 26, 2014, 09:28:00 pm »
Quote from: Seekonk on Today at 04:46:26 AM
My intended use for this scope is on a SUN Distributor machine.  These were made in the 40-60's and there are quite a few of them around still being used by race mechanics.  These spin a distributor and a flash tube strobe illuminates the degrees at which the points fire.  A google search of SUN Distributor machine will come up with rebuilt machines (several thousand $) and replacement parts.
--------------------------------------------------

I also have a SUN machine.  I just love it.  I haven't tried using it on a scope though.

Depending upon what the output signal of the distributor is you should be able to connect your scope probe on the X10 range to the distributor connection to the strobe light IF the voltage isn't too high at that point.

Hopefully the 6022BE will show a square wave and you'll be able to read out the dwell and other parameters with the built in functions of the software. 
If the voltage is too high try using a resistor divider to ground to get the voltage a little below the 5 volt range.  Or if the wave form is really messed up by the strobe circuitry, disconnect the strobe and try a 1K ohm resistor from a 5 volt DC supply to the distributor terminal and run the scope probe on X10.

Let's not tell the group about the exhaust gas analyzer that dumps the exhaust in your lap if you use it as a mobile tester while driving.   :palm:    Although I refurbished mine and it's as accurate as a wideband oxygen sensor (but not as quick to respond with the long hose with the space gun on the end of the hose).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:30:03 pm by olrowdy01 »

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #758 on: December 27, 2014, 07:26:41 am »
I have one of these in the post: "Hantek HT25 8' High Voltage 2nd Ignition Capacitive Auto Pickup Probe X10000" 
The intention is to see how it performs on some motorcycle ignitions.

Regards
Matchless

Offline Seekonk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #759 on: December 27, 2014, 04:31:28 pm »
There is also an automotive version Hantek 1008 that sells for $90 with eight inputs. Pretty cheap when you consider all the probes, some costing over $20 each. We have three SUN distributor machines that we are rebuilding.  As usual I don't even know what ai don't know about this project.  I hope the speed is constant throughout the rotation.  The word on the street is the magnetic pole pieces are not at the precise angles and need to be bent.  I think more likely it is a magnetic field issue.  As is usual, I will go in knowing nothing and ending knowing more than I want to.  Interesting about O2 sensors. I have a welding friend that wants me to make an O2 meter for when they purge the pipes with N2 before they weld. I've had that experience of filling the room with engine fumes.  I used to work in a trailer down in the hold of a ship monitoring two LM2500 gas turbines on a freighter while it was crossing the Atlantic doing the destroyer power profile, never operating at the same speed for any length of time. It had about 10,000 more horsepower than the ship could handle and only on very calm days could we get it up to full speed.  Every gas analyzer vented directly into the trailer. As the trip continued you could see the engine efficiency drop over eleven days as salt built up on the blades. In the engine control room they had a mechanical counter for barrels of fuel used.  It would just go click, click, click. It was fun climbing around on tanks in my off hours.

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #760 on: December 27, 2014, 10:45:50 pm »
I wanted to make a list of all the older version of the  software, but most of the links are dead now? Only pr17 and pr18 seem to work?

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #761 on: December 27, 2014, 10:47:41 pm »
I wanted to make a list of all the older version of the  software, but most of the links are dead now? Only pr17 and pr18 seem to work?

I never kept more than two older versions of the Betas on the Jumpshare site.

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #762 on: January 01, 2015, 11:13:45 pm »
Started a little c64 repair project today using the 6022be with PR17.

Post (in german):

http://www.forum64.de/wbb3/board2-c64-alles-rund-um-den-brotkasten/board4-hardware/board183-reparaturecke/59463-assy-250-469-ohne-bild/#post891597

The scope displayed the 1 MHz signals just fine, I think. The laptop is quite old and a bit too slow (1.6 GHz and a unichrome graphic) for the task, I guess, but overall I was quite satisfied with the result so far.

Offline tri-comp

« Reply #763 on: January 02, 2015, 10:22:37 pm »
Hi Richard,
Thanx for doing a great job with some decent SW for this cheapie scope.
I got mine quite a while ago and just set it up with Open6022BE_1_0_BetaPR14 to test it with my devoted to the job, WinXP-Pro SP3, ShuttleX PC.
Everything was running fine including being able to turn the grid on and off.
Then the setup was put in storage waiting for me to find time to renovate my Hobby-room.
This has now happened and the scope with computer re-appeared.
Can't say the same for the grid with SW newer than PR14 which of course still runs OK.
I did see some older postings about issues with Win-7 and parts of the display missing.
Is anybody successfully running PR17 and/or PR18 on XP-machines ?
Mine refuses to show any kind of grid which sort of takes out the fun of having an oscilloscope  ;)
The ShuttleX won't run any newer OS, so Win-7 is out of the question with that PC and I would really hate so sack it because of a missing 'scope-grid !
Any suggestions ?

Rgds,

/tri-comp

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:24:51 pm by tri-comp »

Offline RichardK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #764 on: January 02, 2015, 10:27:33 pm »
Hi Richard,
Thanx for doing a great job with some decent SW for this cheapie scope.
I got mine quite a while ago and just set it up with Open6022BE_1_0_BetaPR14 to test it with my devoted to the job, WinXP-Pro SP3, ShuttleX PC.
Everything was running fine including being able to turn the grid on and off.
Then the setup was put in storage waiting for me to find time to renovate my Hobby-room.
This has now happened and the scope with computer re-appeared.
Can't say the same for the grid with SW newer than PR14 which of course still runs OK.
I did see some older postings about issues with Win-7 and parts of the display missing.
Is anybody successfully running PR17 and/or PR18 on XP-machines ?
Mine refuses to show any kind of grid which sort of takes out the fun of having an oscilloscope  ;)
The ShuttleX won't run any newer OS, so Win-7 is out of the question with that PC and I would really hate so sack it because of a missing 'scope-grid !
Any suggestions ?

Rgds,

/tri-comp

Around that time I started using faster windows API graphic blending functions which require physical graphics hardware, but even hardware from as far back as 2000 should be capable of this.

It appears as if your computer's graphics capabilities are severely limited, you should try investing in a newer PCI or AGP graphics card which can be had for peanuts on ebay. Avoid using any embedded VGA graphics solutions on the motherboard, and if you have a free AGP slot or even an empty PCI slot, just about any 2004+ budget ATI or nVidia graphics card should be more than enough, and will probably improve rendering performance.

Btw, the latest version works flawlessly on Windows XP, only issues ever encountered were due to the system using higher DPI settings (Above the default 96 DPI).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:32:01 pm by RichardK »

Offline tri-comp

« Reply #765 on: January 02, 2015, 11:25:04 pm »
Hi,
I do have a spare AGP-socket in this oldie.
It now sports an ATI Radeon 9100 IGP on-board GPU.
I agree that's nothing fancy and I'll try another graphics board which I should have laying around.
Thanks for the suggestion and I'll let everyone know how it turns-out.
..and maybe it wasn't such a bad thing I had to take the ShuttleX apart.
A couple of years in storage didn't do the PSU-cap's any good judging from the temperature of the PSU-enclosure.
The MoBo doesn't seem to have any capacitor-issues yet but in any case it's time to get the ESR-meter out of hiding, too
...hmm, who said SSD ?

rgds,

/tri-comp

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #766 on: January 03, 2015, 12:42:29 am »
I run PR17 on XP in my videos. PR18 seems to be somewhat slower, and my machine is already too slow. Can't upgrade the integrated unichrome graphic.

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #767 on: January 04, 2015, 03:55:17 am »
I have one of these in the post: "Hantek HT25 8' High Voltage 2nd Ignition Capacitive Auto Pickup Probe X10000" 

Hello Matchless!
Could you give a link?

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #768 on: January 04, 2015, 04:04:16 am »

Hello Matchless!
Could you give a link?

ebay

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=hantek+probe&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xhantek+ht25&_nkw=hantek+ht25&_sacat=0

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #769 on: January 04, 2015, 06:37:50 pm »
Thats the one! I am still waiting for it, tied up in our Post Office strike somewhere!
Regards
Matchless

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #770 on: January 04, 2015, 07:23:08 pm »
I have had a pair for about 6 months. They work OK, it's a harsh (noisy) environment so you can't expect miracles. My use is automotive (for personal use). I have used it on a small lawn mower (just to see the signal) and it actually worked better than on a car.

I'm using a pair for comparisons. One sits while the other moves. Incredibly easy to locate a poor cable.

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #771 on: January 05, 2015, 12:44:35 am »
Thanks for sharing the link and the user experience.

Offline mikeyb5753

« Reply #772 on: January 05, 2015, 05:01:10 pm »
Forgive the noob question but the manual for this says max input voltage = 5v but the unit says 35v....  so which is it?

I'm going to be using it mainly for testing engine management sensors so 5v and 12v, will I need an attenuator or not?

Also, is there any alternative software as the included program isn't all that good tbh

Thanks in advance

Offline Matchless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #773 on: January 05, 2015, 08:05:53 pm »
Forgive the noob question but the manual for this says max input voltage = 5v but the unit says 35v....  so which is it?

I'm going to be using it mainly for testing engine management sensors so 5v and 12v, will I need an attenuator or not?

Also, is there any alternative software as the included program isn't all that good tbh

Thanks in advance

mikey5753, welcome to the forum! I suggest you read through this thread as what you are asking is covered here and much more.
The software is available, although its still under development. If you exceed 5V into the DSO the voltage will be clipped. Exceeding 35V means you are exceeding the safe voltage and could cause damage. Your included probes, switched to X10 reduces 12v to 1.2V at the input and will work without any problem!
Hope this helps.
Regards
Matchless

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #774 on: January 06, 2015, 12:51:32 am »
5v is its measured range, and 35v is its safty range.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:53:07 am by rosasharn »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf