Author Topic: Hantek DSO4202C problem (now with Hantek's answer)  (Read 1879 times)

Offline VitalyPTopic starter

Hantek DSO4202C problem (now with Hantek's answer)
« on: July 03, 2019, 03:41:50 pm »
Hello. I've had a DSO4202C for a while now, and recently I needed to use its equivalent sampling mode. But when I change the mode to "Eqi-time" in acquisition menu, nothing changes at all: the minimum time res is still 2 ns/div and max sampling rate stays at 1 GSa/s. Has anyone had the same problem, and if so, do you know a way to fix it? Moreover, does anyone here actually have any Hantek scope with properly working Eqi-time? cause I've heard of a similar eqi-time related problems with their other scopes.
P.S. I have the latest firmware from their website.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 05:58:02 am by VitalyP »

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: Hantek DSO4202C problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 08:53:05 pm »
depends on model, equivalent sampling might not be really implemented. That's right. I spend years with Tekway/Hantek gears (check my profile), helping them to fix all the shitty issues with Hardware/Firmware, so e.g. on my old DSO1202B it was never properly implemente,d where on new DSO models they finally did, but not on MSO models based on same Hardware, so you can see no warranty that it will be implemented in your Firmware/model.

The best ask them directly, maybe they have Firmware for your model with euivalent sampling implemented (no joke, sometimes they have Special Firmware versions which are not public).
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 07:47:54 am »
Thanks for the reply tinhead! Although what you've said seems not-promising to me :D I already asked Hantek on email and their own little forum, but alas, still no reply. If I'll get them to do something useful, I'll post to this thread again. Guess next time I want to buy a scope I'll go with Rigol.

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 05:57:04 am »
For anyone interested: Hantek replied to my email by simply stating that equivalent sampling is not working, and considering that this model is something like 4 years old, it looks to me that it never will. Well, it still is a decent scope for its money, but maybe it's time to look into Rigol ds1054Z or Siglent sds1202x-e.

Online bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 07:59:48 pm »
For anyone interested: Hantek replied to my email by simply stating that equivalent sampling is not working, and considering that this model is something like 4 years old, it looks to me that it never will. Well, it still is a decent scope for its money, but maybe it's time to look into Rigol ds1054Z or Siglent sds1202x-e.

Neither one of your suggested replacements has equivalent time sampling, at least not that is both documented and actually works.  I have both scopes (1104x-e actually) and I'd call the Rigol system "equivalent time guessing" and I really haven't tried to characterize the Siglent yet.  However, I have to ask--what is your use case for equivalent-time sampling?  Do you need to do more than 100MHz on more than two channels at once?  In that case, the Siglent 1204x-e can help, but not the ones you suggested.
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf