Author Topic: HP/Agilent 1675x logic analyzer card memory up-hack  (Read 25510 times)

Offline Hamster

• Regular Contributor
Re: HP/Agilent 1675x logic analyzer card memory up-hack
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2023, 03:22:33 pm »
did you install the upgrades? if you did a fresh install, it should still show the options if installed into the card.

You can also just copy the .lic files and put them on the new install.
Arcade Board Repair Guru.  [ twitch: HammysHangout , youTube: Hammy Builds ]

Offline Uup

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2023, 07:42:19 am »
did you install the upgrades? if you did a fresh install, it should still show the options if installed into the card.

You can also just copy the .lic files and put them on the new install.

By install upgrades, did you mean 500MHz and 32MB?

No, I didn't try after upgrading to V05.90. When I saw that the sampling options had been limited to 250MHz and 1MB, I considered the possibility that the configuration memory in the LA cards were still configured to the stickered values. So reverted back to the original set-up, as it was faster than playing around with licence files.

I rechecked for any licence files on this HDD and found one in a ACCL\BIN directory (pointing to agilent.exe with feature agilent agilent) and anther licence file in a folder for VSA software (89601B) but was in a 'Removed and Expired Licences' folder. The VSA software still works but shows the same '! Running Factory Licence' warning/message? The license manager shows no licences.

Since it is working to my needs I think I'll leave it for now. This thread just piqued my curiosity but in the end it was already fully enabled.

At least this gave me the motivation to clean-up the desktop and the HDD. It was interesting reading the 'behind the scenes' efforts that resulted in the tool too.

Thanks

Offline Hamster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2023, 03:27:07 am »
so find the LIC files on the C drive, if its a software license, it will be married to the HDD's Serial # ( you can change the HDD's Serial # ) , if for a card, it should be applied to the card..

I never seen upgrading the software to a newer version reduce the spec(s) of the card.
Arcade Board Repair Guru.  [ twitch: HammysHangout , youTube: Hammy Builds ]

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2023, 04:08:18 am »
I rechecked for any licence files on this HDD and found one in a ACCL\BIN directory (pointing to agilent.exe with feature agilent agilent) and anther licence file in a folder for VSA software (89601B) but was in a 'Removed and Expired Licences' folder. The VSA software still works but shows the same '! Running Factory Licence' warning/message? The license manager shows no licences.

What do you have for FEATURE lines in all of the .LIC files in your current installation?

If you have a valid .LIC file for "FEATURE Option100", that will result in the "Running under factory License." message. As far as I know, that enables all of the "agilent" licensed logic analyzer application software options, maybe that was a factory demo mode, but not the module specific sampling speed and memory depth hardware license options. Although maybe I'm wrong about that and it also enables the max sampling speed and memory depth options while the license is present. I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to try to verify that.

Offline Uup

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2023, 11:33:16 am »
so find the LIC files on the C drive, if its a software license, it will be married to the HDD's Serial # ( you can change the HDD's Serial # ) , if for a card, it should be applied to the card..

I never seen upgrading the software to a newer version reduce the spec(s) of the card.

I thought as much too, from what I read here. However, that's what happened when did a clean install and upgraded to V05.90.

I did a search on the HDD from root for licence files (searched C:\*.lic) and came up with a few more. With the exception of one which was in a temp folder, they were in a source folder (C:\Agilent_DVD_Source\Licences). It just looked like copies of installation DVDs and licence files associated with them. Renamed it and the ALA application still worked, so deleted the folders and rebooted to be sure and it still worked as before. I uninstalled all the other software the other day so not sure if any of those would have stopped working or not, after deleting.

The only two licence files left on this HDD have the following feature listed. First one is the original licence file that I found previously and the second was in a temp folder.

FEATURE agilent agilent 0 permanent 1 SIGN="029D 4656 7DE4 26CA ...etc
FEATURE Option100 agilent 1.0 permanent uncounted HOSTID=DISK_SERIAL_NUM=1812d03d SIGN=3ED997A08FB9E

The licence manager shows no active licences.

Not sure why 500MHz and 32MB is activated in this V05.70 installation but not on a clean V05.90. In any case I'm yet to need 32MB of depth but I suppose it is good to know that it's available if I ever need it.

The following users thanked this post: RAQU_PL

Offline Uup

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2023, 11:36:44 am »

What do you have for FEATURE lines in all of the .LIC files in your current installation?

If you have a valid .LIC file for "FEATURE Option100", that will result in the "Running under factory License." message. As far as I know, that enables all of the "agilent" licensed logic analyzer application software options, maybe that was a factory demo mode, but not the module specific sampling speed and memory depth hardware license options. Although maybe I'm wrong about that and it also enables the max sampling speed and memory depth options while the license is present. I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to try to verify that.

You're right, there was another licence file in a temp folder, as per my other reply above. Odd why the ALA application didn't indicate where it was and that the licence manager indicates no licences.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf