Author Topic: Is my hantek DSO2C10 bad/inaccurate?  (Read 3077 times)

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
Re: Is my hantek DSO2C10 bad/inaccurate?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2022, 08:35:16 am »
The best I don't know, for what I read about it in the Hantek threads the FPGA firmware 3202. Best to check out the last entries in the threads I pointed to a couple of posts back.

Or somewhere near this post https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg4253533/#msg4253533

That thread is also the one for asking questions about the software updates and procedures. One of the more involved members can provide a better answer. I never updated mine :) More or less just bought it to play with the hardware.

Offline powerstroke7.3Topic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2022, 08:38:48 am »
You are running into physics limitation. There is no firmware that can solve this. This is like asking what TV can show clear 4K video using VHS tape as a source. The best you can do is average and blur stuff, this is what FNRSI is doing. But this is not adding information.  The information was lost after analog to digital conversion happened.

But I don't think there is any firmware other than the official one anyway.
i had a different one prior to the hack. It behaved differently.  But i guess its not going to change much. Theres a few glitches im sure.
Can you believe people  used to steal vcr to sell for drugs lol 😆 im getting  old

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2022, 08:43:32 am »
You are running into physics limitation. There is no firmware that can solve this. This is like asking what TV can show clear 4K video using VHS tape as a source. The best you can do is average and blur stuff, this is what FNRSI is doing. But this is not adding information.  The information was lost after analog to digital conversion happened.

Yes, and what did they do in the FNIRSI, when the signal goes beyond ~44MHz, they just calculate a sine wave to display. The only characteristics of the original signal taken into account are the frequency they determine and the amplitude, and the latter not even correctly, because sweeping from 43MHz to 45MHz shows an increase in amplitude on the switch point :-DD See my video on this https://youtu.be/SApQPL3pDvc (Around a minute into it)

But I don't think there is any firmware other than the official one anyway.

For the Hantek you are right, but for the FNIRSI there is the one I wrote.

Offline powerstroke7.3Topic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2022, 08:44:41 am »
The best I don't know, for what I read about it in the Hantek threads the FPGA firmware 3202. Best to check out the last entries in the threads I pointed to a couple of posts back.

Or somewhere near this post https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg4253533/#msg4253533

That thread is also the one for asking questions about the software updates and procedures. One of the more involved members can provide a better answer. I never updated mine :) More or less just bought it to play with the hardware.
ok. I dont usually mess with software or firmware.  Not my stong suit. I barely figured out the hack

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf