Author Topic: Keithley 199 scanner cnnection?  (Read 665 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline r6502Topic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 159
  • Country: de
Keithley 199 scanner cnnection?
« on: February 11, 2026, 12:23:07 pm »
Hello all,

I own a 199 Keithley multimeter, that came with the scanner card, but no connecting cable connector.

Does somebody knew the type of connector that I can use? In the BOM only the Keithly article number is shown.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2026, 12:26:37 pm by r6502 »
Science can amuse and fascinate us all, but it is engineering that changes the world - - Isaac Asimov
 

Offline RK9ALC

  • Newbie
  • Posts: 4
  • Country: 00
Re: Keithley 199 scanner cnnection?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2026, 01:19:56 pm »
It's called Phoenix connector. There are many types of them, for example - 1764303. But it may not fit in such a narrow place.
 

Online Gertjan

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 340
  • Country: nl
Re: Keithley 199 scanner cnnection?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2026, 02:38:48 pm »
Hello all,

I own a 199 Keithley multimeter, that came with the scanner card, but no connecting cable connector.
Does somebody knew the type of connector that I can use?

Hi r6502,

The correct connector is Phoenix Contact MSTB2.5 series.
Take care: the contact pitch is 5mm (metric), NOT 0,2" !!

I have got these:


IMG_2053__Keithley_199_scanner_connectors-2000pix.jpg

Although I have two Keithley 199s with scanner cards, I never use them. I just use more DMM's :)

regards, Gertjan.
 

Offline r6502Topic starter

  • Regular Contributor
  • *
  • Posts: 159
  • Country: de
Re: Keithley 199 scanner cnnection?
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2026, 04:28:21 pm »
Hi Gertjan,

thanks for the Info - more multimeters is an option .... :)

Guido
Science can amuse and fascinate us all, but it is engineering that changes the world - - Isaac Asimov
 

Offline flash2b

  • Frequent Contributor
  • **
  • Posts: 961
  • Country: nl
  • Everything I like about myself is better with you.
Re: Keithley 199 scanner cnnection?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2026, 03:57:06 pm »


See: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/keithley-199-scanner-cable/msg5206959/#msg5206959

The connector is a Phoenix MST1.5 series with 5.0mm spacing. Since these are no longer produced, a MST2.5 would fit as well but but is designed for thicker cables. A suitable replacement is this one: https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2327217.pdf

Also Camdenboss CTB9202/10 should fit as well: https://www.camdenboss.com/products/datasheet/CTB9202_series_D.pdf

I could not find a version with a "tongue".

« Last Edit: February 13, 2026, 06:50:33 pm by flash2b »
They say attention is a shovel. It's time to dig 'em out.
 


Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf

 

-->