Author Topic: Leader LBO-2060  (Read 217 times)

Offline sha256Topic starter

Leader LBO-2060
« on: May 16, 2024, 02:25:18 am »
Looking for any information on this scope.  It's 60MHz and has some digital features but that's all I know.

It was given to me by a good friend and whos brother bought it sometime around the late 80's I think.  Due to some issues his brother has been in the hospital for the past decade or so and this has just been sitting in the upright position since, the amount of dust on top would make me sneeze just seeing it so did not take a photo of that  ;D.

But it seems like at least its -12v rail is dead and when all boards are connected the 180v rail is around 150v.  Not sure if the 180v rail is normal but I'd guess the -12v isn't.  If you cycle the power you get the classic CRT middle of the screen signal (no clue how to describe it but random circle for a second or less) and it's super bright, so makes me think the CRT is good and probably like new.

But the PSU/CRT driver board is the same and you can't access both sides while the HV flyback is connected to the CRT, so it's a hard one to start troubleshooting.  So hoping for anything to help start the process with only component side access.

Can get photos of the board too, just don't have them handy.

Thanks if anyone has any advice.  I hoping to add this as an analog scope to my lab or donate it.  I can't say I need an analog scope beyond my old Tek 7603 but that also means I need to make sure the 7603 won't blow up from not being powered on in a decade.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf