Author Topic: Lecroy options -=recovery=-  (Read 76364 times)

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Lecroy options -=recovery=-
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2020, 10:54:24 am »
Should I remove -M (medium memory) option after I enabled the -XL option? because it still remains there but I suppose it must be overridden by the -XL option, right?
Has anybody tried VSA (Vector Spectrum analyzer) and POWER_ANA (New power analysis package)? Do they work on 7200A?

I tried the TDR option and it enabled some stuff in the Math menu but it didnt work, the scope didnt complain but it kept "Processing..." and eventually hanged. I removed that key but the menus that it created are still in there! what gives?

Offline snipor

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2020, 06:56:28 pm »
I tried to add a couple of options to my HDO running 8.x.x software. The keys are shown as Legacy OptionKey. Apparently keys for version 8.x.x using a different format. xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xx instead of xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
Are there any archives where I can find older software versions for my HDO? Maybe the first release of version 8.x.x can convert the keys?

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2020, 07:17:53 pm »
anybody knows where the options keys are stored in WavePro 960 (A.K.A DDA-260)??
I am in deep trouble  :-// :scared: :scared:

After I enabled some useful options on my Wavepro 7200A and they worked, I felt brave (stupid!) and enabled
3 options on my trusty Wavepro 960 (DDA-260) (DMOD, DFP, and PMT) and the scope was working afterwards.
However, when I found that the DMOD option
had added a Vector demodulation (I and Q demod) package I tried it and as soon as the scope added a math trace with EVM measurement,
the scope hanged  :palm: :palm:
Now when I turn the scope on, it shows 4 channels traces plus that D math trace which is the EVM measurement from that package
and then it hangs. I had set the scope to boot into the last state  :palm:

is there any way to boot the scope into a default state? I think if that math trace is turned off, it will work normally but I cannot boot it into a
default state  :-//

I tried talking to it by GPIB but although it is recognized in the Agilent I/O, but I cannot send any command to the scope.

any help is greatly appreciated

The following users thanked this post: materialsguy

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2020, 08:15:35 pm »
reformat... ;D i recalled one guy did really screwed up with option key and another guy PMed him and its fixed. dont remember who he was and he didnt publish how to fix/delete the option key directly from eeprom

this is an old wavepro 960 (VxWorks not winXP)

Offline w2hx

• Contributor
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2020, 08:58:30 pm »
@snipor, your PM inbox is full. Trying to reach you. thanks

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2020, 01:08:57 am »
anybody knows where the options keys are stored in WavePro 960 (A.K.A DDA-260)??
I am in deep trouble  :-// :scared: :scared:

After I enabled some useful options on my Wavepro 7200A and they worked, I felt brave (stupid!) and enabled
3 options on my trusty Wavepro 960 (DDA-260) (DMOD, DFP, and PMT) and the scope was working afterwards.
However, when I found that the DMOD option
had added a Vector demodulation (I and Q demod) package I tried it and as soon as the scope added a math trace with EVM measurement,
the scope hanged  :palm: :palm:
Now when I turn the scope on, it shows 4 channels traces plus that D math trace which is the EVM measurement from that package
and then it hangs. I had set the scope to boot into the last state  :palm:

is there any way to boot the scope into a default state? I think if that math trace is turned off, it will work normally but I cannot boot it into a
default state  :-//

I tried talking to it by GPIB but although it is recognized in the Agilent I/O, but I cannot send any command to the scope.

any help is greatly appreciated

Did you try stopping acquisition as soon as the scope start ? If I recall correctly that's how I got out of the same problem with my DDA-110. I was just spamming the button "Stop" while the scope was booting.

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2020, 02:59:08 am »
I don't have that scope model but you could try:

DO A GENERAL INSTRUMENT
RESET, PRESS SIMULTANEOUSLY
AUTO SETUP & TOP MENU &
RETURN BUTTONS

which was mentioned in the manual.

Offline dufflespank

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2020, 01:59:13 am »
HELP I stupidly tried flags = 00 mask = ffffffff and now I can't start XStream, I get a crash with a window saying something like "Fatal software inconsistency found".  I would really like to avoid having to re-program the EEPROM so any help would be appreciated!

BTW this is a WavePro 7300A

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2020, 01:49:02 pm »
You're definitely in deep sh...  :(

While what you're looking for is basically possible (I mean 'technically'), as some of the Lecroy drivers have functions to access that EEPROM, but no documentation whatsoever exists (maybe at Lecroy ??) on the data structure within that chip (nor on the driver function(s) to do so, nor which driver, etc...).

I don't know where it physically resides in a WP7K, but that's something a few people here could probably answer... My guess is that your best chance is to get that chip (i.e. desolder it), make a dump, and find the right DWORD to wipe (or rather 'reset', as some 'basic' options are required in page '00', maybe you've got the original value/mask ??), if you know what option keys it had, you can decode these to have the corresponding mask(s) to look for in the data... if you had several option keys installed, it will be definitely easier to find those in the dump, and derive the position of the page '00' mask...

Fingers crossed...

PS: you can translate 'page' by 'flags' in the message above... ;

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:19:51 pm by darkstar49 »

Offline sixtimesseven

• Frequent Contributor
    • Flickr
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2020, 09:01:25 am »
HELP I stupidly tried flags = 00 mask = ffffffff and now I can't start XStream, I get a crash with a window saying something like "Fatal software inconsistency found".  I would really like to avoid having to re-program the EEPROM so any help would be appreciated!

BTW this is a WavePro 7300A

Sorry, don't think that is possible. I had the same problem... I desoldered it and used an arduino with the 1-Wire eeprom library which hooks up via ringle resistor. The eeprom shares power and data on one pin (weird setup, package has more pins so why would one do this?).

You might be able to only solder the resistor to the pad and clip on a ground lead if you want to avoid desoldering the hole chip.

Edit: Attached is the stuff I used and a dump from my WP72k. I think I simply downloaded the eeprom and edited out the faulty key and overwrote the eeprom with the new bin file. The arduino program is in there as well.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:06:14 am by sixtimesseven »

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer, Momchilo, analogRF, RedCali

Offline Momchilo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2020, 04:42:44 pm »
Hi,
the following options work with my Wavesurfer 454:
DFP2
JTA2
XMAP (XDEV and XMATH are also included)
PMA2
EMC
MSURF
ATP
ET
CAN01
CAN02
DECODE_MEASURE
UART
I2C
SPI
USART
USB2_TD

DON'T INSTALL:
SPECTRUM
SDM

These aren't working for the WS400 series and for SDM you have to re-program the eeprom on the PCI card, because X-Stream will give you an error and won't start at all. If you enter the key for the "ffffffff" mask you have the same problem. But it's not a big deal with sixtimessevens description and software. Thank you very much  :-*

Does anyone know other working options for the Wavesurfer 400 series? I don't want to test all the options that might work but don't work in the end.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 05:51:18 pm by Momchilo »

The following users thanked this post: RedCali

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2020, 08:24:19 pm »
Can anyone point me to a summary of what can be enabled on a DDA-120 and DDA-125? 

I'm particularly interested in the digital filtering and jitter analysis options.  But I'm quite confused by all the versions with different names.

Thanks,
Reg

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2020, 03:35:41 am »
Can anyone point me to a summary of what can be enabled on a DDA-120 and DDA-125? 

I'm particularly interested in the digital filtering and jitter analysis options.  But I'm quite confused by all the versions with different names.

Thanks,
Reg

On my DDA-110 (little brother of the DDA-120) I tried:

WAVA: Wave Analyzer
JPRO: JitterPro
DMOD: Demodulation Tools
PMSK: PolyMask
PMT: Power Measurement Tools
JTA: Jitter and Timing Analysis (included in JPRO)
DFP: Digital Filter Package
EMM: Extended Math and Measure
ATP: Advanced Trigger Package
SMAP: Surface Map
MC01: Memory Card Software (Tried different compaqflash cards but none were working)

Make sure you have firmware v 9.3 installed before trying to enable those features.

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2020, 03:33:16 pm »
What are the codes for those?  Several are not in the options.cfg example that mechatrommer posted earlier in the thread.

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2020, 03:56:57 pm »
What are the codes for those?  Several are not in the options.cfg example that mechatrommer posted earlier in the thread.

Depending on the firmware, options are different. All older VxWorks firmwares share the same options.

I listed the options and descriptions I find useful. The complete list of options for VxWorks firmware v 9.3 is on post #14: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/lecroy-options-recovery/msg1381551/#msg1381551
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 04:28:20 pm by Kosmic »

The following users thanked this post: rhb

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2020, 04:46:12 pm »
That list of option codes worked properly on my DDA-120 without any issues.

Now I need to get the floppy working and update from 9.2 to 9.3 on my DDA-125 and repeat the process.

And find documentation for all the options.

Have Fun!
Reg

Offline bugr

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2020, 06:47:32 pm »
I got greedy and appear to have bricked my waveRunner 6200 - anyone have an eeprom dump on hand that I can reflash to?

Cheers,
bugr

Offline ksilabs

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2020, 11:03:50 pm »
Well, on the non-windows scopes (at least on the LT series) you can actually delete option keys easily via the maintenance menu:

MAINTENANCE MENU
- Exit any menu.
- Press and hold 3rd menu key AUTO SETUP being key 1)
- Press and hold 4th menu key, 3rd still held.
- Press and hold 5th menu key, 3rd and 4th still held.
- Release only 3rd menu key, leave 4th and 5th still held.
- Release all keys
- Press 6th menu key
- * Sometimes if you get the wrong sequence the scope will
  not react to the right one for some time, try
  bringing-up any menu then exiting. (i.e: "Timebase setup"
  key -> "Return" key and retry above 3,4,5 sequence.)

That menus has A LOT of functionality, be careful not to upset something badly...

Roberto EB4EQA
Might be a bit late but the sequence is a bit different for LC series (just found it on my LC684DXL):

- Press 3rd menu key from the top and hold it
- Press 4th menu key and hold it while still holding 3rd one
- Press 5th menu key while holding other two
- Release all 3 keys

I don't know if the DEVP option is absolutely necessary to invoke maintenance menu -- didn't try it without it -- but it works with DEVP installed and it allows to delete any option key.

As of options LC684DXL accepts almost everything but I can't see any changes from enabling ATP. Do not enable JTA -- no harm and it works but it is much better to enable JPRO instead that has more functionality. Invokes by "Custom" button (DMOD and PMT are also invoked by that button).

And BTW, if you left out with some leftover trace from DMOD or whatever just reset the scope to default config -- it is "Autoset" button first, hold it, press the top menu button , hold those two and then press the bottom menu key and release all three. The scope will reset and come up with default configuration (just channels 1 and 2 on, no other crap).

Don't know what is EATN, didn't try it.

And it would've been very nice to find any documentation on those options. Some information can be found in other scopes' manuals but it is fragmented and incomplete :(

Offline RedCali

• Contributor
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2020, 08:24:29 pm »
Hi,
DFP2
JTA2
PMA2
EMC
MSURF
ATP
ET
CAN01
CAN02
DECODE_MEASURE
UART
I2C
SPI
USART
USB2_TD

DON'T INSTALL:
SPECTRUM
SDM

i just can add this one:
WRSTD    WS Standard options

Any other tested feat?
Can anyone see the Decoding in his WS400 scope? or do i miss something else? (WS424)

BR RedCali
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 03:50:46 pm by RedCali »

The following users thanked this post: Momchilo

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2020, 08:35:36 pm »
Hi,
DFP2
JTA2
PMA2
EMC
MSURF
ATP
ET
CAN01
CAN02
DECODE_MEASURE
UART
I2C
SPI
USART
USB2_TD

DON'T INSTALL:
SPECTRUM
SDM

i just can add those two:
WRSTD    WS Standard options
LBW        Low bandwidth option (was already installed on mine)

Any other tested feat?
Can anyone see the Decoding in his WS400 scope? or do i miss something else? (WS424)

BR RedCali

Don’t play with the bandwidth option, without h/w mods, this will at best do nothing, but could potentially leave you with a bricked scope... you’ll always be able to reset the eeprom, but not everyone is prepared to do this with the soldering iron... (nor will one know what exactly to reset/change in the eeprom)

Offline RedCali

• Contributor
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2020, 10:14:24 pm »
LBW was just installed from preowned guy/ factory - that's why i'm add it to the list - if its worse i can delete it anyway.

There is no where a real list what is supported in this WS400 scopes.....  ???

Offline analogRF

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2020, 01:38:45 am »
LBW was just installed from preowned guy/ factory - that's why i'm add it to the list - if its worse i can delete it anyway.

There is no where a real list what is supported in this WS400 scopes.....  ???

why dont you check the datasheet or user manual. It's all in there, at least officially supported options are there
just match their names to the abbreviated list

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2020, 05:53:53 am »

Not true... you assume the software will start, which it might not do if the configured options are deemed NOK... and in that case, you either have discovered how to use undocumented driver functions to access the eeprom without the XStream software, or you’ll need a soldering iron...

Regarding the list of « allowed » options, there is none. The datasheet gives some hints but later options might perfectly work on older models (ex: spectrum), so it’s impossible to say.
The risk of misconfiguring the options and bricking the scope is very low (but not zero, as already proven by some in this thread), but playing around with bandwidth options has not shown any benefits (so far).

« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 12:33:59 pm by darkstar49 »

Offline RedCali

• Contributor
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2020, 10:08:06 pm »
why dont you check the datasheet or user manual. It's all in there, at least officially supported options are there
just match their names to the abbreviated list

THX, i did that of course, but found more or less nothing, just math and triggers :)
I just wee surprised that the other made `monchilo` had more activated - but it seems as already stated that you can activate it without any effect :-)

.......but playing around with bandwidth options has not shown any benefits (so far).

i guess there is a misunderstanding - the LBW was active as the scope arrives at my desk - so i guessed its a factory setting ;-)

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2020, 10:45:35 pm »
i guess there is a misunderstanding - the LBW was active as the scope arrives at my desk - so i guessed its a factory setting ;-)

It is, indeed... the point is not to give anyone here the impression that these are ‘standard’ options just like any other... they’re not, and tampering with those may have adverse consequences.
Don’t get me wrong, if someone’s willing to perform some tests with bw options and report results, I’d be more than happy ! Just don’t tell no one told you it may end up badly... ;-

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf