Author Topic: Lecroy options -=recovery=-  (Read 76335 times)

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
Re: Lecroy options -=recovery=-
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2021, 05:52:50 pm »
But if you look in the other thread, there are only 2 keys stored in the eeprom.

I saw that but are you sure that's the only place where config info is stored?

In that case where is the "demo flag" stored?

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2021, 07:57:31 pm »
It's simulation, not demo.  DEMOSCOPE enables the option mask feature and has nothing to do with simulated outputs.
Simulation mode is used for development so that the programmers can develop and debug features on their PCs without having to track down real hardware and remote-debug on it.  It's not meant to be entered normally and it allows for X-Stream software to simulate any of the scope families through a registry setting.

When X-Stream boots up the first thing it does is attempt to open the Windows kernel driver and query the scope id.  If this fails you get the "No hardware detected.  Not authorized to run on this system" message box.  If this succeeds, however, then X-Stream makes another call to the driver to scan hardware and determine what family of scope it is talking to.  If the acquisition board is completely disconnected from the interface card then you may still receive the "No hardware detected" error.  If, on the other hand, hardware is detected on the other end but it fails to be identified properly, then X-Stream may fall back to simulation mode.

I can only speculate why this happens.  It's possible that LeCroy software developers install a custom PCI interface card to their workstations for firmware development and a broken scope looks just enough like the dev card to fool X-Stream into booting up in SIM mode.  It's also possible it's just an accident:  a default case in a logic branch that was thought not to even be reachable.  Or maybe there is some other purpose for this behavior that I haven't though of and I'm completely full of crap.

My point is that the model number is not stored in the options, and neither is the SIM mode.  There is a SIM option but it is more semantic than functional and it is not related to booting up in simulation mode.  Whether an instrument is simulated or not is determined before licenses are enumerated and in fact simulated instruments store licenses in a text file rather than in hardware.  So there is a chicken and egg problem and please believe me that the determination of simulation mode is made very early in the boot process before most hardware has been talked to.  My yet unconfirmed hypothesis is that it is a JTAG scan of the front end which determines which family the instrument is.  The only time the options come into play for determining the model is when accounting for the bandwidth or certain model suffixes such as -M, -A, -B, etc.  But it's the hardware that will determine, for example, that your instrument is a WP7KA or a WR6KA.  If the card can't talk to the hardware then X-Stream defaults to the WaveMaster family.

Offline perdrix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2021, 09:43:23 am »
And I eat humble pie for misleading folks by saying it was in Demo mode (as distinct from Simulation mode) and also for saying the option keys display didn't reflect the PCI card EEPROM - it does.

Hmm Ollopa's post and offline messages don't fill me with hope for recovering this 'scope.

> X-Stream defaults to the WaveMaster family

Strangely in this case the simulation is of a WaveStation.

David
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 09:45:31 am by perdrix »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2021, 09:58:21 am »
And I eat humble pie for misleading folks by saying it was in Demo mode (as distinct from Simulation mode) and also for saying the option keys display didn't reflect the PCI card EEPROM - it does.

OK, at least that is consistent info.

Regarding recovery: a dump from another could help?

Offline perdrix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2021, 10:37:46 am »
Sadly not - the 1-Wire EEPROM is good.

Thanks, David

Offline perdrix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #180 on: December 15, 2021, 05:26:08 pm »
Which ROM is that?

Offline killingtime

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2022, 06:01:28 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Waverunner 2 scopes (LT354) can be SW option hacked?

I looked on groups.io and didn't find anything, other than a few threads suggesting the options could be purchased from Lecroy.

There's a pastebin link ealier in this thread for LTxxx scopes, but that covers quite a few scope versions.

Any link to what can \ cannot be enabled appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline elor

• Contributor
    • bloggy
« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2022, 08:55:28 pm »
hi
maybe someone have and willing to share it (64-bit version)

managed to get a 32-bit version 7.9.1.1 if anyone interested (~250mb)
dont know how long it will stay so grab it while its there for your archive
mediafire.com/file/1gn7sfmu005l2le/XStreamDSOInstaller_7_9_0_1_32bit.exe/file

Offline sixtimesseven

• Frequent Contributor
    • Flickr
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2022, 09:08:58 pm »

Not sure if this is a 64bit Version or also a 32bit, can't remember, but give it a try:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/58fs25z30rg3ioc/XStreamDSOInstaller_7.9.0.1.exe/file

Offline elor

• Contributor
    • bloggy
« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2022, 11:20:59 pm »

Not sure if this is a 64bit Version or also a 32bit, can't remember, but give it a try:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/58fs25z30rg3ioc/XStreamDSOInstaller_7.9.0.1.exe/file

looks like its 32-bit :(

Offline scenz

« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2022, 09:04:42 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have picked up a WR1 LT224 and succesfully used the tools from this thread  :-+. But does anyone know how to convert a LT224 to LT344? I have checked the service manual and compared the bill of materials against each other and have only seen that some capacitors and resistors need to be changed to get the LT344 hardware. But I want also the higher samples rates of the LT344 which are probably looked by software. Does anyone know how to unlock these capabilities?

Maybe is it possible to change the Board ID of the Mainboard in some way?

Thanks

Offline calin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2022, 06:45:42 pm »
Oook .. brave IDIOT here. I went the 0xFFFFFFF route on my 7300A and ... the result is  :-BROKE |O
Anyone knows where is that eeprom located on 7300A so I take it off and fix it ?

UPDATE: Found it !!! and is off the board for re-programming  :-+
UPDATE 2: And after the well intended re-education of the EEPROM we are back in business.

Actually good that I screwed things up .. gave me a good reason to open the scope and give it a well deserved cleanup; OMG !!! these things are like vacuum cleaners. They don't just sound like one they also suck in dust like one.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 05:10:29 pm by calin »

Offline Jickel

« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2022, 03:05:14 pm »
Hello everyone.
I got the Lecroy Wavesurfer 24Xs-A.
But it seems that only a single grid is available ...
Are there any options or hacks to enable multigrid like dual grid, quad grid ...?
Thank you.

Offline Momchilo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2022, 10:06:29 am »
I got the Lecroy Wavesurfer 24Xs-A.
But it seems that only a single grid is available ...
Are there any options or hacks to enable multigrid like dual grid, quad grid ...?

To unlock this feature, you must hack your scope from a Wavesurfer to a Waverunner model. As far as I know no one did this successful so far.
So it is not possible.

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2022, 06:50:51 pm »
Yapp,

Only the upper class starting with Waverunner got this (in my opinion cool) option.
The HDOs got it too, even the HDO4000 - But not the Wavesurfer 4000...

Offline MilkmanCDN

• Contributor
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2022, 01:42:07 pm »
Has anyone tried to download MAUI software from LeCroy lately?    It would appear that they are directing all requested software downloads to their sales channel.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2022, 06:56:43 pm »
Indeed, it says to email support. 32-bit and 64-bit versions of 7.9.x are already shared below, but any other versions like 32-bit 8.1.2.0 or newer, or any other version, would be very welcome.

Offline Momchilo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2022, 11:20:53 am »
I tried this and was forwarded to the contact form as well. But after logging into my Lecroy account, I could download the software again as usual.

They added the extra step to force you to create an account before downloading software.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2022, 12:24:19 pm »
And how do you create a Lecroy account? Looks like they removed that functionality, too.

Online Kosmic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2022, 01:07:44 pm »
I wonder now if they are going to try to close non business account?

Side note about Teledyne/Lecroy, I bought a scope from them on ebay. They then contacted me and told me they could only sell to business clients. So i filled their form and sent them my business # and everything (a small personal company). They answered back my application was refused for reasons they couldn't discuss  :-// Then they cancelled the transaction on ebay.

Just hope Lecroy is not slowly adopting Keysight politics  :(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 01:09:16 pm by Kosmic »

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2022, 11:39:04 am »
Python 2.7.x, PyCrypto

To make it easier to run on modern systems, aka Python 3.x and PyCryptodome, apply this patch to the original files.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 09:09:57 pm by alm »

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer, Momchilo, figgie

Offline spicytofu

• Contributor
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2022, 03:14:28 pm »
I was able to gen the keys using the older 2.7.x with pycrypto. One of the first things I did was change me scope to an M model and VHBW. My scope is a 104 Xi and now shows as a 204 MXi (2 GHz). One thing that did not change is the smallest time division, which is 200ps/div. This is the same as when it was a 104 Xi (1 Ghz). Does Lecroy have different front end hardware for the 1 and 2 GHz scopes?

EDIT: I see now the time div is tied to the GS/s. I get the time division on my real 2 GHz scope at 5 or 10 GS/s. I guess I will have to feed a 2 GHz signal and compare.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 11:03:26 pm by spicytofu »

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2022, 12:26:38 pm »
I was able to gen the keys using the older 2.7.x with pycrypto. One of the first things I did was change me scope to an M model and VHBW. My scope is a 104 Xi and now shows as a 204 MXi (2 GHz). One thing that did not change is the smallest time division, which is 200ps/div. This is the same as when it was a 104 Xi (1 Ghz). Does Lecroy have different front end hardware for the 1 and 2 GHz scopes?

EDIT: I see now the time div is tied to the GS/s. I get the time division on my real 2 GHz scope at 5 or 10 GS/s. I guess I will have to feed a 2 GHz signal and compare.

Based on the parts numbers, the 104Xi and 204Xi do have different FE boards, but the same acquisition board, for the 44 & 64, it's the opposite.
The few attempts I know about (to increase BW) with LeCroy scopes, were never successful.

Offline hpw

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2022, 04:48:09 pm »
I wonder now if they are going to try to close non business account?

Side note about Teledyne/Lecroy, I bought a scope from them on ebay. They then contacted me and told me they could only sell to business clients. So i filled their form and sent them my business # and everything (a small personal company). They answered back my application was refused for reasons they couldn't discuss  :-// Then they cancelled the transaction on ebay.

Just hope Lecroy is not slowly adopting Keysight politics  :(

I did get some message to update my "blocked" account, they complained about my used xxx name as this is as an .com business name.

So no chance to download or even the account get running up again.

This means, since US did some special chip's blocking's to deal with China... this means Teledyne gets involved with this behavior.

As Teledyne delivers high speed stuff as rebranded Siglent low end stuff (as 2x price of Siglent).

So I expect some :o, as Teledyne lets build the gear in China or may add required ADC in the US  :palm:.

Offline py-bb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #199 on: December 28, 2022, 06:28:07 am »
I've read the forum several times, is it possible to damage/lock an original Waverunner scope this way? I don't quite get the codes, like say I add a WavePro XL does it think it is that? It cannot grow more acquisition memory...

There's already a trigger output/multipurpose BNC on the back, and it can already be clocked externally, but I'd like to try CKIO?

What's the worst case? I don't really want to fish out the EEPROM

So far though it works great, WP01 thru 3 installed no problems.

PRML (Partial Response Maximum Likelihood) would be great too but I'm not sure if there's any risk (of downtime at least)

Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf